Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• @MrWonder said:
    @hosthatch

In my ticket as well as to Emil, I had clearly mentioned about my mistake and confusion. For a $20/year, I can afford a Giveaway to your company, if you cannot issue a refund. These are mere pre-orders on which you want to impose stringent rules.

I had already forgotten about the earlier issue and was freely debating on this matter of such ridiculous read/write timings.

What has my earlier confusion to do with the problem discussed here about IOPS? If you do not like someone, you trigger user specific attack, correct? I was simply discussing something that I believed, and further believe, on principle and this has nothing to do with anything.

Where are the principles when requesting refund for a service you agreed to not providing any refunds?

• Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it, back to feeling excited and waiting patiently :D

• @plumberg

The matter of $20 is such a small matter, which I had already forgotten a long time. Instead of answering to my questions or debating on the issues, Hosthatch made a personal attack on me.

But as you can see, there are lot of monkey everywhere, who makes noise. There are also many clappers here.

That is how we come to know about the personalities of people. Somewhere and sometime they vomit and show their real personalities.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ehab said:

@hosthatch said:

can we still have a bundle? is it too late?

I think we might do something once we have everyone for BF 2021 set up. :)

@MrWonder said:
    @hosthatch

In my ticket as well as to Emil, I had clearly mentioned about my mistake and confusion. For a $20/year, I can afford a Giveaway to your company, if you cannot issue a refund. These are mere pre-orders on which you want to impose stringent rules.

The problem is that you feel that this is a debate, and you sent us huge (really really huge) private messages to do some sort of moralistic blackmailing over $20. Please feel free to share all your messages that you sent to us for the community here to see if you feel you are being wronged here.

@MrWonder said: Instead of answering to my questions or debating on the issues

I already answered your question. Let me answer it again.

"We are pretty straightforward with our policies. It’s really not that hard to read what you’re buying. Most users appreciate that, because it leads to a better service for everyone else."

You can ask it again in 800 more words (or send me a PM with 3000 words), the answer will probably be the same.

• @hosthatch

There was nothing in my messages that had any relation with the $20 discussion of the past. It is you, who wanted, and further want, to create a personal war out of it, while neglecting the debate I was on.

You of course have too many supporters and clappers here, who will only say that you are a great guy. The fact is that you have failed to refrain personal discussion and have a great interest to attack me in person, although my messages had nothing to do with that matter, which was closed.

And that is how you expose your personality too. The clappers here are having fun and monkey are hopping for their joy.

After you wrote me your last nasty answer, I know what kind of a personality you are. I had no reason to write you even 8 word, forget about 800. I am not a person who would dance for $20 and waste time with personalities like you.

It is you who is creating such nonsense discussion, not me.

It should also be a lesson for others, who are non-clappers and have some intellectual capacity to understand, how the providers changes the topic of overselling or abuse of provider discretion.

• @MrWonder said:
    @hosthatch

There was nothing in my messages that had any relation with the $20 discussion of the past. It is you, who wanted, and further want, to create a personal war out of it, while neglecting the debate I was on.

You of course have too many supporters and clappers here, who will only say that you are a great guy. The fact is that you have failed to refrain personal discussion and have a great interest to attack me in person, although my messages had nothing to do with that matter, which was closed.

And that is how you expose your personality too. The clappers here are having fun and monkey are hopping for their joy.

After you wrote me your last nasty answer, I know what kind of a personality you are. I had no reason to write you even 8 word, forget about 800. I am not a person who would dance for $20 and waste time with personalities like you.

It is you who is creating such nonsense discussion, not me.

It should also be a lesson for others, who are non-clappers and have some intellectual capacity to understand, how the providers changes the topic of overselling or abuse of provider discretion.

Seems someone is going through PMS, again!!!

• Looking forward to see those huge PMs :D

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@zxrlha said:
    Looking forward to see those huge PMs :D

No huge PMs as of now.

Only huge PMS.

• sammsamm Member
    edited December 2021

Thanked by 3FrankZ the_doctor Ouji
  • This new drama is almost as good as last year’s guy who got denied an upgrade for his $16/year service to the $15/year offer. The word counts on the replies are similar but he hasn’t started any new threads yet.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited December 2021

I think HH company and their employees are very busy these weeks due to that BF, I'm not surprised by the support delay, which is described above by some users. I really think people should be patient and understanding. This company dumps great offers throughout the year and so many years here on LET and their BF offers are always very great, so personally I would not complain, they have a lot of work now.

Thanked by 1Broscience
  • @cablepick said:
    This new drama is almost as good as last year’s guy who got denied an upgrade for his $16/year service to the $15/year offer. The word counts on the replies are similar but he hasn’t started any new threads yet.

"Never laugh at someone's situation, because you just never know if someday you will find yourself in the very same position . ." Actually you remembered amounts exactly which even I forget, maybe something interesting for you in this. I am quite happy that you still remember something from that thread. Hope you smell something interesting in last one year i.e. 2-year offer, 3-year storage offer, more than one month prepayment etc. These all tells something about cash flow issue. Next offer will be 50% more credit on cash deposit and after that you all know better what happen with other provider. Anyway last time when I used his VPS, it was quite good without any downtime with good performance for that price. Support was bad at that time and even now also as visible from comments in this thread. But still I can buy products from him where I do not need any support and have plan B if it disappear any day.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited December 2021

@davi said: These all tells something about cash flow issue.

We spent about $350k in the past 3 months to deploy EPYC across 16 locations. You don't have to believe me, just calculate how much a Dell R7515 and Dell R6525 costs, with AMD 7443s.....and then multiply it by 32 (at least 2 nodes per location). That is at least, some locations have more, and most locations will need more as we move old customers to these nodes.

But if you really did believe your "something about cash flow issue" story, then you wouldn't have PM'd me multiple times over the past year (including this Black Friday) to allow you to order services from us, after all the drama you caused last year over $1.

I have a question: if I replied to your PM and you were able to order one of the deals from this Black Friday, would you still be here claiming these "something about cash flow issue"?

Why do you feel the need to restart this drama?

• davidavi Member
    edited December 2021

@hosthatch said:

@davi said: These all tells something about cash flow issue.

We spent about $350k in the past 3 months to deploy EPYC across 16 locations. You don't have to believe me, just calculate how much a Dell R7515 and Dell R6525 costs, with AMD 7443s.....and then multiply it by 32 (at least 2 nodes per location).

But if you really did believe your "something about cash flow issue" story, then you wouldn't have PM'd me multiple times over the past year (including this Black Friday) to allow you to order services from us, after all the drama you caused last year over $1.

I have a question: if I replied to your PM and you were able to order one of the deals from this Black Friday, would you still be here claiming these "something about cash flow issue"?

Why do you feel the need to restart this drama?

Dear @hosthatch please read my last line carefully " But still I can buy products from him where I do not need any support and have plan B if it disappear any day.". And if you are saying to me that you do not have any cashflow issue when you are asking payment on 24th November for those products which you will deliver at year end then you are making some kind of joke. Further regarding your $350K, I am in financial sector so I know paper work with proper planning and any other provider can give here idea if you get 500K from customer in advance then 30 days are not enough to execute plan. Further please be sensible to last year issue, it was not $1 but miss-communication from your side where some one tried to explain your "this" to cross-reference something in last two sentence. Please focus on your this year issue and last year $1 issue I take on me.

Good stuff buddy. Have a nice one.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @MrWonder said:
    @hosthatch

The fact you asked in the first place for your mistake automatically makes you the asshole in this situation. Their offer was very clear about no refunds and to be serious about buying it before you do.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Out of curiosity, why didn't you custom build? If I remember correctly, it should end up cheaper.

• ezethezeth Member, Host Rep

@lentro said:

Out of curiosity, why didn't you custom build? If I remember correctly, it should end up cheaper.

Who will you contact if it breaks?

• @MrWonder said: Either you should have this in the offer, that you are authorized to restrict resources, or in your terms and conditions. It would not be justified, if it is not there.

yes. that's why the offer posts always clearly state how much percentage of a CPU you can use with each plan.

question on how they calculated this have been answered numerous times.

however, I missed the part about you being the one who got into the fight last year, which indeed was quite annoying already, as the no refunds and stuff was also clearly pointed out.

sorry to say, but picking up things from forum offers seems not something you are made for ;-) better don't. put your case to rest, otherwise it rather seems like trying to retaliate again.

@lentro said:

Lots of reasons honestly. We've been using exclusively Supermicro before, but Dell is way ahead in several things. Just the iDRAC is years ahead of Supermicro IPMI.

The price ends up being about the same or only slightly higher for Dell, mostly because of the chip shortages at the moment. Getting an AMD 7443 CPU from Dell might be cheaper than getting it anywhere else separately because it's impossible to find anyone willing to sell at list prices at the moment (to give you one example).

• bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2021

I've said it before (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3320068#Comment_3320068), I'll say it again:

"Bloody hell @hosthatch has the patience of a saint considering some of the fscktards buying his services"

Thanked by 2FrankZ Daniel15
  • @cybertech @smallbibi @hosthatch

This is the load for the last two months.
    1.png
    2.png

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2021

@davi said: I am in financial sector

Don't people in the financial sector get paid a lot? The time you've spent arguing with @hosthatch is probably worth far more than any sort of refund.

Honestly I have no idea how @hosthatch stays sane with all these requests and people demanding he do exactly what they want. Props to you @hosthatch - I really don't think I could do it.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2021

@Mrali said:
    @cybertech @smallbibi @hosthatch

1.png
    2.png

to be honest I can't see anything bad about this load if it's accurate, except the load up to 100 in context of two months graph, could mean day(s)? if so, what's the dedicated cpu usage for your VPS, is it 100% of a thread?

Edit: checked at your post and it says 50% dedicated, so this might have triggered their system.

• MraliMrali Member
    edited December 2021

@cybertech said:

@Mrali said:

1.png
    2.png

to be honest I can't see anything bad about this load if it's accurate, except the load up to 100 in context of two months graph, could mean day(s)? if so, what's the dedicated cpu usage for your VPS, is it 100% of a thread?

Edit: checked at your post and it says 50% dedicated, so this might have triggered their system.

So the controversial point is that my load is very low, but it is limited.

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)

• @Daniel15 said:

@davi said: I am in financial sector

Don't people in the financial sector get paid a lot? The time you've spent arguing with @hosthatch is probably worth far more than any sort of refund.

Honestly I have no idea how @hosthatch stays sane with all these requests and people demanding he do exactly what they want. Props to you @hosthatch - I really don't think I could do it.

I am not asking for any refund or anything else. I do not have any issue at all as I am not customer. People like you who only understand half make things more complicated.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2021

@Mrali said:

@cybertech said:

@Mrali said:

1.png
    2.png

So the controversial point is that my load is very low, but it is limited.

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)

The top output isn't helpful, but the geekbench 5 scores of mid 100's and no increase in multi-core score are sufficient to prove the server is defective for the processor (I didn't see frequency minimized, so I don't think it's bad paste or cooler).

HostHatch Intel servers are the most consistent 500+ GB5 scores out of a dozen providers I use. A score of 100 something is slam dunk fucked up.

If you reported these scores and HH hasn't done anything for a month and suggests this is normal, they're wrong. Full. Stop.

Whenever I write a ticket for performance, I always first indicate how I noticed the problem (really long ssh login, very long dnf updates, lag for basic console printing, etc). Then tell them what I did to troubleshoot and make sure it's not my software fucking up. Lastly, I include some performance to show what it was before and what it is now.

Never had pushback, ever.

• @davi said:
    People like you who only understand half make things more complicated.

Irony.

• @hosthatch missed the deal, still have any remain for the NVMe deals(UK)?

This discussion has been closed.