Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 131
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@AICDOWS said:
    @VirMach
    My account seems to have been flagged.
    I can't reinstall the VPS system now.
    If I request you to reinstall the system on the ticket, will you delete my VPS?

I think you're being paranoid at this point. It's a possibility something may happen if you did any of the stuff I described and you're on a list but it has nothing to do with re-installations being broken or having to create a ticket for re-installation. If it could previously re-install it should still be able to do it without problems, and it's self serve, you don't have to contact us.

• @VirMach said: You can make a ticket for technical support, don't worry, you won't get billed.

The ticket has been issued (729510).
    It's great to have your support.
    Please accept my best thanks.

• @brueggus said:

@dxt said:

@dxt said: @VirMach said: Add your payment transaction ID in text format and we can apply it to the invoice.

Invoice:1344184

Alipay order:2021120422001307301454232224

Thank you, I have received it. But VPS has gone offline. After waiting for a long time, it still failed to start successfully. I have no way to fix it. Rescue mode cannot be accessed, and VNC is broken. Your tos says that special products do not support technical support, but the delivery must be complete. Let me use it correctly once.

Did you try their troubleshooting assistant? Which OS did you install on the server?

I am an operation and maintenance personnel, and I have tried all the methods I can try. In the end everything ended in failure.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @dxt said: In the end everything ended in failure.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried reinstall system with dd command?

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited December 2021

@VirMach When can I start contacting support with stupid questions? In a sense, when is it approximately to expect that the wave of those who bought VPS 512 will subside and who abuse technical support with questions like "where can I get ubuntu 20?" and "why is ubuntu 20 not installed on vps 512 ???"

• @FAT32 @imok @cybertech

you can also say virmach like

@VayVayKa

• edited December 2021

Low-end help desk is faster than the ticket queue for sure.

And I suppose the Virmach is running by literally one guy.

Let the boxing begin!

Thanked by 2jtk tux
  • I purchased a machine in a flash sale and it was marked as withdrawn, but I have successfully paid for it, will the machine be opened for me in this case? Because 6 days have passed and it is the first time I encountered this situation

• vir vir VAY ka

• Hello,my order on LA is offline for two days.
    Please check and fix it.
    Ticket #462318
    Thank you.

@VayVayKa said:
    @VirMach When can I start contacting support with stupid questions? In a sense, when is it approximately to expect that the wave of those who bought VPS 512 will subside and who abuse technical support with questions like "where can I get ubuntu 20?" and "why is ubuntu 20 not installed on vps 512 ???"

I've answered 400~ tickets in the past 8~ hours and the majority of them were:

• I created multiple accounts and ordered a special that a thousand other people did, who also created multiple accounts. Why is it taking so long for manual review? Allow me to make 3-6 tickets about it to speed up the process.
    • I did not pay my bill, why was my service terminated?
    • I didn't want to pay my bill but it auto was on, why would you renew it without my consent? I will keep making tickets about this.
    • I want to install Windows on my SSD256/Special or another operating system that's available on the image and ISO list
    • I pressed 40 to 60 random buttons in a row in a couple hours and I'm wondering why my service isn't working, but I won't mention that part
    • Why is SSH not working on the desktop OS? VNC works but I didn't check sshd_config to see the port is 6000 so I don't get bruteforced all day
    • I live 12,000 KM away from the location I selected and I am getting an unstable network connection
    • I want to claim my prize or spin the wheel. I have questions about LET-related sale but I will make a ticket instead of check the thread to speed up the process. Where's my Ryzen? What's my order number so I can spin?
    • I opened this ticket a couple days ago about a mass issue affecting a lot of people and didn't check the network status page. It's fine now, but I won't close the ticket.
    • Custom ISO mount or valid re-installation for Windows but I won't select a service or provide an ISO link, then when it's rejected in a day or two I may be upset that it wasn't done.
    • Refund me. I understand that it's not eligible for a refund but in this case I should receive a refund because
    • My VPS is offline, RDP isn't working, SSH isn't working, it's not pinging, but I won't provide any details at all and once you troubleshoot it you'll find that it actually works.
    • I was interested in your $10 a year service that is sold out, but I wanted to first ask you 5 in-depth questions and make a custom request/customization.
    • I don't want to wait, I don't want a refund. I don't want to wait, I want a refund. I want to wait, why did you refund? I waited and you refunded. I waited and you didn't refund.
    • I will create up to 10 tickets describing the same issue in different ways, in both guest tickets and logged in. I'll say it's a VNC issue, RDP issue, connection issue, a priority outage, and this will somehow speed up the process.

Then there's a fair share of insults like getting called "a company formed by a group of mentally handicapped" and flurries of other things I can't really say here.

Of course, there are a few dozen that really stand out with a lot of positivity and understanding. And there are a fair share of genuine issues (probably 1/4th to 1/3rd of tickets) that just shouldn't have happened that take the longest amount of time to resolve. I kind of actually like the simple ones that shouldn't have been created because I can get through them very fast.

These are mainly:

• AliPay API callback screwed up and didn't apply the payment.
    • Paid in Crypto but it took hours to confirm so it cancelled and has to be re-activated.
    • Package never created properly, LVM never generated.
    • Package created on the wrong node that has issues and has to be migrated.
    • Various secondary control panel/vserverid related issues.
    • Some weird network issue or OS issue related to networking.
    • Actual issue with VNC on a couple nodes, and other node-specific problems.
    • Other order related/payment related issues.
    • Some slow disk/slow CPU from bad neighbors and migrations as a result.
    • 2FA tickets, we brought these upon ourselves with the confusing rollout.

@VayVayKa said:

Sorry I meant to say, go ahead, the time is now. There's no stupid questions.

• if you lived through the above and can still work then you are the chosen one :)

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2021

maybe in BF's you can still call

• Top 3 of that list:

Rank 3:

@VirMach said: I did not pay my bill, why was my service terminated?

Rank 2:

@VirMach said: Refund me. I understand that it's not eligible for a refund but in this case I should receive a refund because

and by far the best:

@VirMach said: I don't want to wait, I don't want a refund. I don't want to wait, I want a refund. I want to wait, why did you refund? I waited and you refunded. I waited and you didn't refund.

• @VirMach said:

• I want to claim my prize or spin the wheel. I have questions about LET-related sale but I will make a ticket instead of check the thread to speed up the process. Where's my Ryzen? What's my order number so I can spin?

I have a question about something something. Should I open a ticket?

• wwwxwwwx Member
    edited December 2021

@VirMach hi, I have an order which was cancelled after payment. But I have already paid. A few days have passed since I buy it. Please help me solve it. Thanks!
    Invoice:1344478
    Alipay order:2021120422001308601447082112

• @VirMach said:

@VayVayKa said:

Sorry I meant to say, go ahead, the time is now. There's no stupid questions.

Forgive me for my sarcasm. I didn’t even have a close idea of ​​how things were actually going.
    Thanks, and good luck to you and your team.

• @FAT32 said:
    Which of the following is the correct pronunciation of VirMach?

• Vuh Mac
    • V Mac
    • Vuh Much
    • V Much

I would imagine VirMach is shortened version of VirtualMachine. That way it could be pronounced as vuhr-mack / vuhr-mash

Thanked by 1t0m
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

@virmach -

My BF special orders are pending for a while
    ticket# 580010, 602361, 987067

Kindly review them and finalize them.

Thank you and greatly appreciated
    🙏🏼🙏🏼

• edited December 2021

@VirMach said: I created multiple accounts and ordered a special that a thousand other people did

How typical, since TOS does not allow pushing VPS.

One account for one VPS is the safest way to hold VPS Stocks for MJJ retailer.

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@VirMach said: I created multiple accounts and ordered a special that a thousand other people did

How typical, since TOS does not allow pushing VPS.

One account for one VPS is the safest way to hold VPS Stocks for MJJ retailer.

ToS doesn't provide guidelines for service transfer but it does specifically prohibit multiple accounts so that's not really the safest way to go. The safest way would be to use one account and transfer the services properly.

Barely anyone had an issue if they didn't have multiple accounts and while we could still go after people for botting/sniping deals and other behavior, it's more difficult to do that versus going after people who clearly breached multi-account rule, especially since we are already geared toward handling that due to multi-account abusers (as in phishers, DDoSers, etc.) Those same systems can be used at locating these serial snipers. The only ones we are opening a dialogue with right now are the ones that kept most their services on one account but even those people have other accounts. If they only had one primary account with all the services, we'd most likely not go after them at all unless there was clear abuse in terms of reverse engineering/accessing our website in unintended manners.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@dxt said:

@dxt said: @VirMach said: Add your payment transaction ID in text format and we can apply it to the invoice.

Invoice:1344184

Alipay order:2021120422001307301454232224

Thank you, I have received it. But VPS has gone offline. After waiting for a long time, it still failed to start successfully. I have no way to fix it. Rescue mode cannot be accessed, and VNC is broken. Your tos says that special products do not support technical support, but the delivery must be complete. Let me use it correctly once.

You can make a ticket for technical support, don't worry, you won't get billed.

I met the same problem.
    Ticket #462318
    Please help.

• @dev_vps said:

@FAT32 said:
    Which of the following is the correct pronunciation of VirMach?

• Vuh Mac
    • V Mac
    • Vuh Much
    • V Much

I would imagine VirMach is shortened version of VirtualMachine. That way it could be pronounced as vuhr-mack / vuhr-mash

There's tons of tech shortenings that we don't pronounce like full word. Pronounce varchar like Variable Character and watch as everyone tech around you laughs. We've had this convo before in one of the BF threads I think, personally Vir stays like in virtual for me, Mach like the jet was capable of Mach 3.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

BRB let me go create 4000 accounts and 250 tickets work orders in each account.
    Then the system will run out of available ticket numbers (6 digits allow one million tickets), and nobody can create any more tickets.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said: Which of the following is the correct pronunciation of VirMach?

Ver-makh :smiley:

Thanked by 2FAT32 Xrmaddness
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

@bakageta said: Mach 3

'cept it's usually only Scandinavians, Scots, Irish and Germans (probably a few others) that can pronounce it correctly. :| I pronounce @Virmach as one might expect from someone who can say Auchterarder/Auchtermuchty. ;)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

Seems like I am missing all the ticket party, but I have no idea what I can open ticket about.

Can't even ask when there will be alpha Ryzen because it's already delivered and I am probably still hammering down my 3 cores! >:D

No, fuck, it stopped. I guess time to render those tiles again and make that CPU burn a little.

Oh, it was rebooted. Solus shows An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later, WHMCS shows offline, server is fully online. If you want to take a look why it's "broken" then feel free: CreativeAdored-VM @ RYZE.PHX-Z002.VMS

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown

@JabJab said:
    Seems like I am missing all the ticket party, but I have no idea what I can open ticket about.

Can't even ask when there will be alpha Ryzen because it's already delivered and I am probably still hammering down my 3 cores! >:D

No, fuck, it stopped. I guess time to render those tiles again and make that CPU burn a little.

Oh, it was rebooted. Solus shows An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later, WHMCS shows offline, server is fully online. If you want to take a look why it's "broken" then feel free: CreativeAdored-VM @ RYZE.PHX-Z002.VMS

Yeah this has been in a weird state for a few days. It did reboot once after a crash, but right now it just has an issue with nginx and php-fpm, aka, it will incorrectly show as offline but I've already checked everything's running. Just the controls will be broken right now. It's possible underneath that some of them have other issues.

It's on the list. If you ran into issues, need a reinstall, etc, feel free to throw in a ticket for it to be manually processed in the meantime.

@bakageta said: I think, personally Vir stays like in virtual for me, Mach like the jet was capable of Mach 3

Yeah, I agree. But over time the Mach3 turned into a Big Mac. Maybe I'm subconsciously hungry all the time now.

Also acceptable:
    Veer Mauck
    Ver Mach(3)
    Vrr Mock

I personally never said it like mash, match, mosh, mawsh, etc. It's too difficult to do without wanting to just say VirMachine. Oh cool VirMachine.com is available, I'll register it in case we start doing cars or washing machines or something.