Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE

Comments

• @dahartigan said:

@kavinrak said:
    Whats the difference between buying a Kimsufi using USA vs Europe account. Using USA account seems to exempt vat. So, any reason i should prefer an European account ?

Just use the USA account ;)

Great, thanks.

• @kavinrak said:
    Whats the difference between buying a Kimsufi using USA vs Europe account. Using USA account seems to exempt vat. So, any reason i should prefer an European account ?

The EU account allows you to treat Americans with contempt and to have a croissant for breakfast.

Thanked by 3kavinrak lebidule tux
  • @zhujiwiki said:

@acidpuke said:
    Not Bad .. I enabled Raid 0 for this run .. CA datacenter

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2021-10-09

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Tue Nov 23 03:57:12 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores : 8 @ 1561.686 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 31.3 GiB
    Swap : 8.0 GiB
    Disk : 3.5 TiB

How to setup Raid 0?

I have found the easiest way to setup raid 0 - Control Panel go to Installation Template .. pick what OS you want .. create whatever partitions you want -option for raid 0 is there

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@kavinrak said: Whats the difference between buying a Kimsufi using USA vs Europe account. Using USA account seems to exempt vat. So, any reason i should prefer an European account ?

You pay a higher price in US Dollars:

17.99 United States Dollar equals 15.98 Euro

Whereas the price in EU is 14.99 Euro, but wih VAT (by default). However it is possible to get VAT-exempt with an EU account if you are from a non-EU country, and that way achieve the best price (14.99 and no VAT).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@kavinrak said:

If you pay VAT, compare it with USD, may be worth it, getting via World USD.

• kavinrakkavinrak Member
    edited November 2021

@rm_ said:

@kavinrak said: Whats the difference between buying a Kimsufi using USA vs Europe account. Using USA account seems to exempt vat. So, any reason i should prefer an European account ?

You pay a higher price in US Dollars:

17.99 United States Dollar equals 15.98 Euro

Whereas the price in EU is 14.99 Euro, but wih VAT (by default). However it is possible to get VAT-exempt with an EU account if you are from a non-EU country, and that way achieve the best price (14.99 and no VAT).

@Neoon said:

@kavinrak said:

If you pay VAT, compare it with USD, may be worth it, getting via World USD.

Yes, exactly world usd gives best price. below is the cost with and without vat, the difference is $3 which is 12.5% higher.

Without VAT = (Cost) $17.99 + (Setup) $12.00 + (Vat) $0.00 = €26.64/$29.99
    With VAT = (Cost) €14.99 + (Setup) €10.00 + (Vat) €5.00 = €29.99/$33.76

For 1 Year:
    With Vat: €227.86 / $256.33
    Without Vat: €202.57 / $227.88
    A difference of $28.45 for a year

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Damn, I swore I wasn't getting any dedis this BF only VPS, but I'm getting this to upgrade my KS-1 seedbox.

• can you pls send me looking glass ?
    how many ipv4 is with server by default?
    what is the price for additional ipv4 ip?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Gamexland said: can you pls send me looking glass ?

They ain't sending you shit, son. Have a look at the website.

• @Arkas said:
    Damn, I swore I wasn't getting any dedis this BF only VPS, but I'm getting this to upgrade my KS-1 seedbox.

Prem seedbox

• ferefientferefient Member
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@Arkas said:

Prem seedbox

How is having a single IP, 2x2TB old HDDs, and 100/100mbit premium? Also, OVH isn't really premium; that's hetzner. You can't even get another IP!

• @Nekki said:
    Does Kimsufi still have the weird installation options where you can't setup the disks in RAID 0 and actually use all the space?

Haven't found a way to run raid0 yet so probably still broken

• @mikewazar said:

@Nekki said:
    Does Kimsufi still have the weird installation options where you can't setup the disks in RAID 0 and actually use all the space?

Haven't found a way to run raid0 yet so probably still broken

debootstrap and install GRUB via their old debian jessie recovery.

• @ferefient said:

@dahartigan said:

@Arkas said:

Prem seedbox

How is having a single IP, 2x2TB old HDDs, and 100/100mbit premium? Also, OVH isn't really premium; that's hetzner. You can't even get another IP!

Go away @tinyweasel rereg.

• @mikewazar said: Haven't found a way to run raid0 yet so probably still broken

You can run in RAID 0 by selecting 'custom installation' and unchecking the little box.

In terms of not being able to create a single volume that spans both disks not broken, it's just not accommodated by the panel. Just do it manually, it's a slight ball-ache if you re-install a lot, but not the end of there world.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • It kills me that the word 'literally' no longer means what it used to.

Fucking millennials.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Gamexland said: can you pls send me looking glass ?

Here is their LG: http://lg.ovh.net/

Select "gra" or "rbx" for France (actual DC you get is random), "bhs" for Canada.

Only 1 IPv4 and not possible to get more.

• Comparing himself to Hitler lol

• @dahartigan said:
    Comparing himself to Hitler lol

Yes, you are a drama whore.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • what must i do?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @Ganonk said: what must i do?

Leave the Purple Daddy cult.

• @Nekki said:

@Ganonk said: what must i do?

Leave the Purple Daddy cult.

How naive to think one just simply leaves the purple daddy cult. Membership for life.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @dahartigan said: How naive to think one just simply leaves the purple daddy cult. Membership for life.

To be fair, it must be challenging to extricate ones' self from Dusty's arsehole given how many of you are jammed up there.

Thanked by 2Erisa bulbasaur
  • hahahahahahh :D :D i love your style

👊🏼😅

• @Nekki said:

@dahartigan said: How naive to think one just simply leaves the purple daddy cult. Membership for life.

To be fair, it must be challenging to extricate ones' self from Dusty's arsehole given how many of you are jammed up there.

ROFL, mate the the struggle is real.

• @K4Y5 said:
    And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month

Can you please share a YABS.sh ?

• Is anyone concerned that (at least with the Debian 10 image) the networking is set up using DHCP? OVH do appear to be filtering port 68, but I'd still rather it wasn't open in the first place.

However, I've tried to change it to static a couple of times, and that always results in an unresponsive machine, so I'll probably give up and leave it as it is, but if someone has had success changing this, I'd be interested to know.

• @ralf said:
    Is anyone concerned that (at least with the Debian 10 image) the networking is set up using DHCP? OVH do appear to be filtering port 68, but I'd still rather it wasn't open in the first place.

However, I've tried to change it to static a couple of times, and that always results in an unresponsive machine, so I'll probably give up and leave it as it is, but if someone has had success changing this, I'd be interested to know.

Change it to static in your interfaces file then chattr +i the interfaces file so it can't be changed. You could disable cloud-init, etc etc but this is the quickest way IMO.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @rm_ said:
    Select "gra" or "rbx" for France (actual DC you get is random), "bhs" for Canada.

"gra" seems to be out of stock since yesterday, so now you'll get "rbx".