Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE

Comments

• @wii747 said:

@dominos said:

@dev_vps said:
    Can someone please share the steps to install proxmox 7 on this server?

Thanks!

You have to install Proxmox 6 and then update the Proxmox to get the 7 version
    https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0

Upgrading from proxmox 6 to 7 breaks the server, ifupdown is installed on Proxmox 6 and Proxmox 7 uses ifupdown2 and when ifupdown2 is installed it does not get an dhcp address for some reason....

I wasn't aware about that.Thanks for the information.

• @wii747 said:

@dominos said:

@dev_vps said:

Thanks!

Upgrading from proxmox 6 to 7 breaks the server, ifupdown is installed on Proxmox 6 and Proxmox 7 uses ifupdown2 and when ifupdown2 is installed it does not get an dhcp address for some reason....

You need to hardcode the mac address in the networking scripts. When you upgrade to 7, the network interface names change and the bridge breaks.

Thanked by 3dev_vps wii747 atomi
  • @ordinanceb said:

@wii747 said:

@dominos said:

@dev_vps said:

Thanks!

You need to hardcode the mac address in the networking scripts. When you upgrade to 7, the network interface names change and the bridge breaks.

Thank you @ordinanceb

• @dev_vps said:

Thanks!

this kimsufi install proxmox 7
    https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_11_Bullseye

• @dev_vps said:

@ordinanceb said:

@wii747 said:

@dominos said:

@dev_vps said:

Thanks!

Thank you @ordinanceb

You're Welcome.

It talks about it here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0#Solution_B:_Hardcode_MAC_Address

and here:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-node-on-ovh-soyoustart-unreachable-after-each-reboot.93470/

if you need more assistance.

• @FoxelVox said:
    For the people that didn’t know: you can create an so-called install template (3rd option in control panel) and setup your own disk layout there. You wont need netboot or anything, just create a profile, give it a name, select your base os, and create your partution layout. You can select the raid level there also.

You can also add one of your SSH keys here too (you have to add them before via the right hand drop-down for your profile).

I'm not sure if I'm being crazy, but I've reduced my mdadm RAID partition down to 100GB, added a 16GB swap partition on each drive and set up an LVM volume group across the remaining 2x1.65TB. You can then very easily create both striped, mirrored or non-raid partitions later on. I'm planning to run everything inside a VM per service, so hopefully this will give flexibility for different use cases.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@RedSox said: Most of YABS that I saw in this tread show low 4 k blocksize speed. I wanted to complain that on my storage VPS the 4k blocksize speed is 5 MB/s but I see people here have 500 KB/s...

Could be that for the VPS your host uses a battery-backed RAID controller with its own RAM cache, or just aggressive (unsafe) caching settings in KVM. Here though, it's plain hard-drives accessed directly by the test.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited November 2021

I cant configure my server because i cannot set it into netboot (i installed it using debootstrap). Now its stale. I cannot reinstall either. OVH Support is non-existent. So i have a server which i cant either setup nor reinstall nor anything. Ideas?

Yes i opened a ticket. No answer. No there is no intervention going on for hours ...

• @fLoo said:

I cant configure my server because i cannot set it into netboot (i installed it using debootstrap). Now its stale. I cannot reinstall either. OVH Support is non-existent. So i have a server which i cant either setup nor reinstall nor anything. Ideas?

Yes i opened a ticket. No answer. No there is no intervention going on for hours ...

You might get a response tomorrow morning. Support clocked off hours ago.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Nekki said:

@fLoo said:

You might get a response tomorrow morning. Support clocked off hours ago.

If you are lucky, you get a reply tomorrow.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Trav said:

@Nekki said:
    Just go RAID 0, balls to the wall. It’s only a shitbox, right?

That's what I was going to do, that's what backups are for. Remember kids, RAID is not a backup!

Out of budget, hence you go No Raid, one Disk for stuff and one for Backup.
    Getting a 4TB Storage server for backup and then 100Mbit upload, fuck no.

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • @mcgree said:
    How to change Raid1 to Raid0.

These are old-school disks, running RAID0 would get risk of data loss if one goes retired.

• @bsh said:

@mcgree said:

These are old-school disks, running RAID0 would get risk of data loss if one goes retired.

The same applies to having a single HDD (KS-10), though. Keep backups, and you may be able to sleep well?

• Got one as well. Bf deals this year are shit so far so at least i'll have this

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • Just so you know, the France DC just got restocked. Not sure how long it will last.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • I want to get one but I dont have a verified paypal.
    Does kimsufi requires an ID & a verified paypal ?
    Thanks for your help

• @Undertaker64 said:
    I want to get one but I dont have a verified paypal.
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

• @dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

FYI: that must be 3DS/3dsecure-enabled. Just mentioning that if anyone decides to snipe one.

• The purchase today was terrible, the account was deleted, but I have already paid and I have not received a refund

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

FYI: that must be 3DS/3dsecure-enabled. Just mentioning that if anyone decides to snipe one.

Nope.
    That usually applies for international cards where rate of fraudulent transactions is higher

• i saw some comments that downstream is 1gbps here on kimsufi, or is it only on peering to other ovh servers?

• @dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

Nope.
    That usually applies for international cards where rate of fraudulent transactions is higher

Nah, that's not the case, I'm 100% pretty sure. Even on local sites, I now get 3DS popups.

• @ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

Nope.

Nah, that's not the case, I'm 100% pretty sure. Even on local sites, I now get 3DS popups.

What happens in your country may not apply to other countries

• @dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

Nope.

Dependent on your bank/the payment gateway.

• @FoxelVox said:
    For the people that didn’t know: you can create an so-called install template (3rd option in control panel) and setup your own disk layout there. You wont need netboot or anything, just create a profile, give it a name, select your base os, and create your partution layout. You can select the raid level there also.

You can actually do it without creating a custom install template. If people are still having issues, I can post some instructions.

• @ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@ferefient said:

@dev_vps said:

@Undertaker64 said:
    Thanks for your help

I paid by credit card

Nope.

Dependent on your bank/the payment gateway.

Special system for JUGAAD people

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

Anyone knows how to install Windows Server on it with ProxMox 7

• @dev_vps said:
    Anyone knows how to install Windows Server on it

They don't have a free/cheap template? Well, virtual KVM (qemu), of course.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@dev_vps said:
    Anyone knows how to install Windows Server on it with ProxMox 7

there was a tutorial on here, also look around online

• @bsh said:

@mcgree said:

If someone is running Seedbox and maximizing space, the data is not the most important.