Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 298
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @Nekki said: AFTERPARTY!

Garden report!

• @codelock said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    Maybe there is hunger for one more?

VALUE250 M -- FIRST 6MONTHS 11,99€

• 1620 GiB (~1.8TB) RAID5 Storage
    • 100Mbps Down, 250Mbps Upload namely, some servers prob allow 1/1G. Regardless speed cap only for rTorrent. Rest are 1Gbps, and minimum 100Mbps upload like all of the rest
    • rTorrent/ruTorrent + Deluge. If lucky Deb10 server then qBittorrent as well
    • rclone, syncthing, resilio, btsync and all of that goodyness
    • DC: Helsinki, Finland (our own DC)
    • First 6months 11,99€ Yes, you read that right! 2€/Month and only 6months prepayment :o
    • Link: http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=194&billingcycle=semiannually&promocode=2021let-afterparty-v250m
    • Promocode: 2021let-afterparty-v250m
    • QTY: 10
    • Payment must be made within 30mins or order will be cancelled

Full series info: https://pulsedmedia.com/value250-seedbox.php

Reminder that these are old servers, there might be a server upgrade during that 6months

Recurring?

1st 6months only?

• The promotion code entered has already been used

The promotion code entered has already been used

• @PulsedMedia said: Maybe there is hunger for one more?

Call me naive but i'm still here for a restock of that initial V1k L deal i've missed :D

@PulsedMedia said: Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?
    @nordmann said: Talking of users left in the wind... is there a slightest chance of a lil restock to the V1k 8TB offer, maybe some still pending payments or smth.
    @PulsedMedia said: Like said before, keep watching this thread
    @nordmann said ...so i keep watching for restock^^

• zxrlhazxrlha Member
    edited November 2021

@ralf said:

@zxrlha said:
    I successfully stopped it!
    The trick is first sending SIGSTOP so that they cannot fork anymore, then kill them.

Maybe Linux handles it better, but in the old days on SunOS, the system was so busy swapping that trying to get your shell to accept any input was pretty much futile.

Also, you could run out of PIDs and then not be able to run anything else anyway.

I first set ulimit -u 128 for testing purpose.
    With the default setting(31247), the system needs to be much powerful to handle it.
    Tests show that with ulimit -u 10000 it will eat 50% of my 4cores.
    As long as I set ulimit -u to a smaller value before run it, I can still login with the same user and kill it.

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • Soon to be known as the nordmann special.

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • @nordmann said:

@PulsedMedia said: Maybe there is hunger for one more?

Call me naive but i'm still here for a restock of that initial V1k L deal i've missed :D

@PulsedMedia said: Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?
    @nordmann said: Talking of users left in the wind... is there a slightest chance of a lil restock to the V1k 8TB offer, maybe some still pending payments or smth.

May be NO

• Nobody's acknowledging how unaffected this year's Megathread was by the absence of cociu, and the cociu-generated hype. I was thinking that the Megathread might not be that exciting without his deals and charisma. It sure was fun last year, but definitely degrading during those few hours. It went out of control there.

This year has been much better in many respects, especially the Cyber Monday part. Black Friday (first day) has always been great, but this was the best Cyber Monday (fourth day) in the last few years.

• @PulsedMedia can you make this deal recurring for yearly payment?

• MS said:
    Nobody's acknowledging how unaffected this year's Megathread was by the absence of cociu, and the cociu-generated hype. I was thinking that the Megathread might not be that exciting without his deals and charisma. It sure was fun last year, but definitely degrading during those few hours. It went out of control there.

This year has been much better in many respects, especially the Cyber Monday part. Black Friday (first day) has always been great, but this was the best Cyber Monday (fourth day) in the last few years.

@cociu still there?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@nordmann said:

@PulsedMedia said: Maybe there is hunger for one more?

That gif almost deserves a restock X)

But we are below our margin of error already on free slots on the V1000 regardless.

Thanked by 1nordmann

@codelock said:
    @PulsedMedia can you make this deal recurring for yearly payment?

No, there's reasons we picked 6months non-recurring. Use the 6 months and then decided what to do?

• @PulsedMedia
    Do you have plan to add qbittorrent to the existing boxes?
    I'd really like to have it.

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:
    I am not sure why I spending so much of my brain power :joy:

Let's wait for deal from @PulsedMedia patiently :tongue:

oh yeah instead of catching up on thread, perhaps i should get on with that lol

ANOTHER NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEEDBOX SPECIAL: 3 YEARS 39,99€ SEEDBOX

These are old servers, expect an migration during that 3 years to an Debian 10 server.

but wait there is more ... in a while, on the same series of servers. will release that in 30mins or so

An attractive deal. But I still don't know what seedbox can do. I will get Web UI or SSH?

OOS now.

@Samidare said:
    @PulsedMedia

Already done yesterday! :)
    But only for deb10 servers.

For deb8 servers you can probably compile it from source regardless

• @Samidare said:
    @PulsedMedia

You can use this script https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static

Then use something like screen to run qbittorrent,
    I find it more stable than included rutorrent and deluge

• @PulsedMedia said: That gif almost deserves a restock X)

At least i've got an almost :D :'(

• @PulsedMedia said:

@codelock said:
    @PulsedMedia can you make this deal recurring for yearly payment?

No, there's reasons we picked 6months non-recurring. Use the 6 months and then decided what to do?

make it recurring and your page will be inaccessible LOL

• MS said:
    Nobody's acknowledging how unaffected this year's Megathread was by the absence of cociu, and the cociu-generated hype. I was thinking that the Megathread might not be that exciting without his deals and charisma. It sure was fun last year, but definitely degrading during those few hours. It went out of control there.

Yeah, involucration aside that was definitely one of the highlights from last year's. I remember cociu blowing his load deals every time Nekki drops by the thread.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @PulsedMedia is the included qbittorrent accessible outside your web interface? Like directly on a custom port , because last time I tried your service , I could get neither deluge or rutorrent to work with my sonarr or radarr setup

• @PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

These are old servers, expect an migration during that 3 years to an Debian 10 server.

but wait there is more ... in a while, on the same series of servers. will release that in 30mins or so

all gone?

• @pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

all gone?

All gone.

• I don't even really know what it does or what is all included, but it was cheap!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

all gone?

they were back, then gone, then back, then gone... then we wait

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @kendid said:
    I don't even really know what it does or what is all included, but it was cheap!

you can consider it an online storage

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    For deb8 servers you can probably compile it from source regardless

I should probably have checked before I ignored all these deals, but I assumed that gcc etc wouldn't be available. So a seedbox can pretty much do anything that a non-privileged user account can do?

I still don't really need one, but it'll be interesting to know if my backup needs increase substantially.

• SamidareSamidare Member
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said: For deb8 servers you can probably compile it from source regardless

Thank you both I'll try it later.
    I had an impression that it's not allowed to use another client.
    I'm new to seedbox.

• @Samidare said:

@PulsedMedia said: For deb8 servers you can probably compile it from source regardless

@codelock said: You can use this script https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static

Thank you both I'll try it later.
    I had an impression that it's not allowed to use another client.
    I'm new to seedbox.

As long as you dont use lot of resources you should be fine ,,

• you guys dont need the restock because @PulsedMedia is considering a better deal for you at page 300 :smiley:

• @kendid said:
    I don't even really know what it does or what is all included, but it was cheap!

@PulsedMedia said:

Both. It's basically a shared server / shell account. No root access but full shell, bunch of preinstalled data transfer / storage related apps. Can install anything within your userspace within reason etc.

This discussion has been closed.