Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 296
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

• 3 years 39,99€ a month!

Threw me off for a second there

• @PulsedMedia said:

• 450GiB (~0.5TB) Storage RAID5

I suddenly realised I don't need a seedbox! :p

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@pbx said: Also keep in mind that at some point it can be cheaper to rent a whole rack than a bunch of servers; same goes for bandwidth. Growing, even without making much profit on it can be economically worth it for some providers. It's also a good way to hoard on ipv4...

Servers in general is a business of economies of scale. More you buy, the cheaper stuff gets, the less overall you take

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @FAT32 said: A lot of my discussion with providers are informal and it is easy to have back-and-forth messages discussing about deals and this is one of the most important key to get many good deals.

Good point. Perhaps consider a less formal approach but still have the final deals submitted via a ticket so that fatbot can post without you needing to run the thread at 3AM?

@FAT32 said: It is easier said than done, how about you try to do it next year?

It seems like my suggestions hit a nerve even though it was only suggested in good faith. I'll show myself out.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • If I haven't bought the other one I would fucking buy that one. 40€ for 3 years, for 500GB is well fucking plenty for me and cheaaaaaaaaaaaap af.

• @FAT32 rest easy king

Thanked by 1FAT32

@FAT32 said: There's also providers who has given up on LET market due to our toxic behaviour, which I encouraged them to join us again, give us another chance and have a try. - This all cannot be done in the form of Google Forms.

LET toxic?

Those guys have never been to reddit i see ...

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    It seems like my suggestions hit a nerve even though it was only suggested in good faith. I'll show myself out.

Sorry, it might be just because I am exhausted today, it could be better or more neutral if we discuss this days or weeks later

@JabJab said:

@PulsedMedia said: 3 years 39,99€ a month!

3.99€ per month btw.

39,99 / 36 = 1.11€ per month ...

• Cheap AF. Why it's still not sold out? What are you people doing?!

Thanked by 2FAT32 zxrlha
  • Struggling with paypal

@jmgcaguicla said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Threw me off for a second there

@ralf said:

@PulsedMedia said:

• 450GiB (~0.5TB) Storage RAID5

I suddenly realised I don't need a seedbox! :p

ROFLMAO!

ofc meant 39,99€ for the 3 years

• @PulsedMedia said:
    ANOTHER NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEEDBOX SPECIAL: 3 YEARS 39,99€ SEEDBOX [snipped]

I actually need a very long-term storage of any kind for cheap, so thank you very much for this deal, really appreciated for this.

• @FAT32 said:
    Damn the tiredness after the event ends finally kicks in and I can't even hold my eye open to continue working... :sweat_smile:

Anyone have any tricks (without coffee) that can make you feel more awake?

Take a shower> @JabJab said:

Cheap AF. Why it's still not sold out? What are you people doing?!

Have to resist now

Thanked by 2FAT32 PulsedMedia
  • ralfralf Member
    edited November 2021

Actually, in all seriousness, I don't know what I'd use it for. Maybe for backup, but I already have all the data on my server backed up between themselves and a redundant copy at home, and all my important home data is backed up on the server too. I was almost tempted for a bit because $CHEAP, but it's better someone else enjoys it. But thanks for creating the deal anyway!

Thanked by 2pbx PulsedMedia
  • I missed them all :/

• OOS

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • Done with paypal.
    Thanks for the deal.

Thanked by 2JabJab PulsedMedia
  • @FAT32
    What I was thinking while anticipating the deals was, what if the schedule wasn't always precise? What if one deal came at, say 9:33, then the next at 10:09, then at 10:54. There's still a sort of a schedule, but a bit of randomness.

And then instead of using the same template, why not change a thing or two every deals, like make the button's color different, or move things around, or change the code a little bit. Perhaps it can throw off script users, even if just a bit.

Thanked by 3FAT32 _MS_ zxrlha
  • Got one,
    Thanks for the mind blowing deal :smile:

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:
    I am not sure why I spending so much of my brain power :joy:

Let's wait for deal from @PulsedMedia patiently :tongue:

oh yeah instead of catching up on thread, perhaps i should get on with that lol

ANOTHER NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEEDBOX SPECIAL: 3 YEARS 39,99€ SEEDBOX

Full series info: https://pulsedmedia.com/value250-seedbox.php
    These are old servers, expect an migration during that 3 years to an Debian 10 server.

but wait there is more ... in a while, on the same series of servers. will release that in 30mins or so

I can't deal with paypal, you can cancel my order (Invoice #152852).

You guys are most welcome, and Thank You picking one up :)

Thanked by 1nvme
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@pullangcubo said:
    @FAT32
    What I was thinking while anticipating the deals was, what if the schedule wasn't always precise? What if one deal came at, say 9:33, then the next at 10:09, then at 10:54. There's still a sort of a schedule, but a bit of randomness.

And then instead of using the same template, why not change a thing or two every deals, like make the button's color different, or move things around, or change the code a little bit. Perhaps it can throw off script users, even if just a bit.

That could work and I considered doing that before but after thinking again it actually makes bot easier and human even harder.

Bot can refresh every 5 seconds, can you? Same thing for template, it is very easy for bots to detect links, but changing some styles is making human harder to recognise where to click

@Fong said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:
    I am not sure why I spending so much of my brain power :joy:

Let's wait for deal from @PulsedMedia patiently :tongue:

oh yeah instead of catching up on thread, perhaps i should get on with that lol

ANOTHER NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEEDBOX SPECIAL: 3 YEARS 39,99€ SEEDBOX

Full series info: https://pulsedmedia.com/value250-seedbox.php
    These are old servers, expect an migration during that 3 years to an Debian 10 server.

but wait there is more ... in a while, on the same series of servers. will release that in 30mins or so

I can't deal with paypal, you can cancel my order (Invoice #152852).

will shortly as i sort out all those unpaid ones in a little while. There is still several others pending payment, will cancel all of them at once and replenish.

• Also, the consistent style was nice I thought and made it easy to find when scrolling through the thread later on.

Thanked by 2FAT32 JabJab
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    You guys are most welcome, and Thank You picking one up :)

One more thing I noticed, the http is not getting redirected to https.

@FAT32 said:

@pullangcubo said:
    @FAT32

That could work and I considered doing that before but after thinking again it actually makes bot easier and human even harder.

Bot can refresh every 5 seconds, can you? Same thing for template, it is very easy for bots to detect links, but changing some styles is making human harder to recognise where to click

I think you are absolutely correct on both counts. The actual html would need to change.

Timing, a human can concentrate just F5 for a minute or two, bot can do that indefinitively.

Perhaps sometimes hide promocode to a photo instead of text & link? That would make it harder for bots.

• Show promocodes after solving captcha on external page, there, solved.

People would RIOT.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    There is still several others pending payment, will cancel all of them at once and replenish.

Hopefully, one wasn't me. If it was (the username should be obvious, feel free to remove it), it was because I clicked through and almost succumbed, but then unapplied the coupon and removed it from the basket hoping not to spoil it for others.

• @FAT32 said:

@pullangcubo said:
    @FAT32

I think that if bot refreshes every 5 seconds, it can be detected and block.

This discussion has been closed.