Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combined Super Special Black Friday Deals Thread - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combined Super Special Black Friday Deals Thread

Comments

• after you get $50 credit digitalocean disable the coupon field in the billing area.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

skybucks100 said: Way to pull an OVH...

Lol, this became legendary already :P

• @Maounique said:

Lol, yup. In all reality.. They practically cloned OVH...

1. Way too low prices? Check.

2. Asked for ID? Yup

3. Sold more than they could supply? Oh ya

4. Cancelled all orders without notice? Mhmm

5. Billed twice? You betcha

6. Ignoring customers emails? Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Bravo HostDime.. Bravo...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Imagine the orders they got though. They learned a lesson I'm sure. There's only so many people there and only so much time in the day, it's not like you can go to the employee store a pick up a new batch of support techs for the weekend. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

• @jarland said:
    Imagine the orders they got though. They learned a lesson I'm sure. There's only so many people there and only so much time in the day, it's not like you can go to the employee store a pick up a new batch of support techs for the weekend. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Can you imagine it though, "Oh! a 2 for 1 special at the employee store!" Anyways, ya I hope they do get back to me but for the time being, it smells an awful lot like OVH.

Thanked by 1tchen
  • 50% off on all VDS and dedicated located in Kharkiv, Ukraine
    Original post http://forum.searchengines.ru/showpost.php?p=12398851&postcount=373
    Only 2.5$ for KVM VDS 512mb / 1 core 3.3Ghz / 10Gb SSD / 1 IPv4 & IPv6
    PayPal accepted. Billing and control panel has a good English translation.
    http://uaservers.net/vds/
    code CYBERMONDAY

root@server:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.03188 s, 213 MB/s root@server:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 13 model name : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6) stepping : 3 microcode : 0x1 cpu MHz : 3392.292 cache size : 4096 KB fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 4 wp : yes flags : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm up nopl pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm bogomips : 6784.58 clflush size : 64 cache_alignment : 64 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual power management: root@server:~# free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 497 41 455 0 4 8 -/+ buffers/cache: 28 468 Swap: 476 0 476
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/12/03/47FvpNPj1tSafIyg

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • @Strikerr said:
    50% off on all VDS and dedicated located in Kharkiv, Ukraine
    Original post http://forum.searchengines.ru/showpost.php?p=12398851&postcount=373
    Only 2.5$ for KVM VDS 512mb / 1 core 3.3Ghz / 10Gb SSD / 1 IPv4 & IPv6
    PayPal accepted. Billing and control panel has a good English translation.
    http://uaservers.net/vds/
    code CYBERMONDAY

In case anyone interested, offer is still valid.

Yes, promo will valid to December,12. Promo allows you receive 50%
    discount for requested period (1, 3, 6 or 12 month). Say, you can
    order VDS1024 with regular price $10/month for year for $60 and save.
    After that you will be charged regular price (or we provide new
    discount - who knows? :))

• Great catch @Striker, thanks! I ordered one!

• Not sure if this still qualifies, but we are running an offer for a 2GB KVM VPS for $4. Other specs are available here.

• Test IP? site is hosted in CZ...

• DeftNerdDeftNerd Member
    edited December 2013

Dmitri at UAServers asked me to reply to you @William since his account here is pending.

I do not have account at forum that you point (just filled registration form but still wait forum administrator approvement). 'William' asks about site and ip. So, IP for test is 217.12.199.3, we run our servers in own datacenter in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Some of our internal infrastructure servers located on UPL in Praha, CZ, it's correct.

• @dhamaniasad are you allowing custom ISO?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen nice gesture

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2013

Would not mind CZ much either :)

ITL DC/Upstream (using ITL IP space, abuse lists uaservers, so maybe they are ITL), not bad, sadly no CC and only paypal and not recurring :/

The no recurring makes sense for the provider but limits scope, can't really plan with a larger VPS/Dedicated if payment doubles in 1-12months.

• @talsit said:
    dhamaniasad are you allowing custom ISO?

Yes, we are.

Thanked by 1talsit
  • William, we are ITL, you absolutely correct. Credit cards accepted as well as PayPal, WMTransfer's Webmoney etc.

Regards,
    Dmitry //UAServers.net

• @ddeineka, welcome to LET :)

edited December 2013

I must say, I'm impressed with the UAServers IO speed! Also, it was nice that at deployment, the system was fully patched.

Network speed doesn't look too amazing, but the server IS in Kharkiv, Ukraine. CacheFly's cache seems to be in the UA datacenter.

Download speed from CacheFly: 3.32MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 629KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 820KB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 299KB/s 
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.46MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 273KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 646KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 531KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 1012KB/s 
    Download speed from Voxility, Bucharest, Romania: 588K/s
    Download speed from Radore, Istanbul, Turkey: 500K/s

I/O speed :  221 MB/s

EDIT: Made it clear the servers are in Kharkiv, Ukraine, NOT Russia.

• @ddeineka said:
    William, we are ITL, you absolutely correct. Credit cards accepted as well as PayPal, WMTransfer's Webmoney etc.

Regards,
    Dmitry //UAServers.net

Hello,
    Is warezhosting allowed?

• ddeinekaddeineka Member
    edited December 2013

@DeftNerd, yep - we trying to keep I/O on good+ level. Please note that VDS you testing located on node that 80% filled so I expect that i/o will be on reasonable level even if we will fully utilizing our nodes.

Network: sorry, but we located ~1000km east from EU/Ukrainian border, it takes few milliseconds more for IP transmission and it's slighly loweing network speed.

@iSidle - please no warez, fraud or botnets. We ask customers do not host this kind of content.

@ErawanArifNugroho - thanks :)

edited December 2013

I did a more appropriate speed test using http://testfiles.pw to select the sites.

1.4MB/s Vienna, Austria
     1.36MB/s Burgas, Bulgaria
     5.10MB/s Minsk, Belarus
     1.12MB/s Prague, Czech Republic
     806KB/s Tbilisi, Georgia (transfer failed... but I blame Georgia)
     2.10MB/s Budapest, Hungary
     500KB/s Baghdad, Iraq
     1.41MB/s Chisinau, Moldova
     1.08MB/s Warsaw, Poland
     1.06MB/s Volgograd, Russia
     1.19MB/s Ankara, Turkey
     3.95MB/s Kiev, Ukraine

Not too bad for that region!

I must say, their VPS control panel is very different from what I'm used to seeing. It appears to be made by a company in Russia at http://ispsystem.com. It's a lot more business-oriented and professional looking than Solus. If you run a VPS business it might be worth getting a little VPS to check out the experience.

Only thing I have seen that isn't perfect is my IP6 address was assigned to me, but the guest VPS auto-configures with a IP6 address generated from the MAC address rather than the one assigned to it. I'm sure it'll be as simple as editing the interfaces file to put it in. All in all, UAServers seems very professional and capable, especially since they're operating in different data centers than we're used to seeing.

• @DeftNerd said:
    I must say, I'm impressed with the UAServers IO speed! Also, it was nice that at deployment, the system was fully patched.

Network speed doesn't look too amazing, but the server IS in Kharkiv, Ukraine. CacheFly's cache seems to be in the UA datacenter.

Download speed from CacheFly: 3.32MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 629KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 820KB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 299KB/s 
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.46MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 273KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 646KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 531KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 1012KB/s 
    Download speed from Voxility, Bucharest, Romania: 588K/s
    Download speed from Radore, Istanbul, Turkey: 500K/s

I/O speed :  221 MB/s

EDIT: Made it clear the servers are in Kharkiv, Ukraine, NOT Russia.

I am able to get 250+ Mbps here from CacheFly:

:~# wget -O /dev/null  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2013-12-03 22:52:09--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[======================================================================================>] 104,857,600 32.5M/s   in 3.1s

2013-12-03 22:52:12 (32.5 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

Try to do following:

echo 'net.core.rmem_max=16777216' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
    echo 'net.core.wmem_max=16777216' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
    echo 'net.ipv4.tcp_rmem=4096 87380 16777216' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
    echo 'net.ipv4.tcp_wmem=4096 65536 16777216' >> /etc/sysctl.conf
    sysctl -p

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @Ingular, I think CacheFly has a server in the same datacenter. I did a traceroute to cachefly.cachefly.net and it was just a few hops away. I think the first two hops are the host server and then the top-of-the-rack switch... then the next hop is another switch, and then the CacheFly server.

That being said, I didn't have as good bandwidth as you. I'll make your sysctl changes and try it out. Thanks!

• InglarInglar Member
    edited December 2013

@DeftNerd said:
    Ingular, I think CacheFly has a server in the same datacenter.

I don't think so, it seems that it is in Frankfurt, Germany:

:~# traceroute cachefly.cachefly.net
    traceroute to cachefly.cachefly.net (205.234.175.175),30 hops max,60 byte packets
     1  gw.ipv4.layer6.net (5.34.183.1)  0.294 ms  0.323 ms  0.306 ms
     2  kharkiv1-xe-0-0-0-152.ett.ua (80.93.125.181)  0.292 ms  0.280 ms  0.354 ms
     3  decix.ett.com.ua (80.81.192.113)  40.248 ms  39.564 ms  39.560 ms
     4  vip1.g-anycast1.cachefly.net (205.234.175.175)  41.340 ms  39.235 ms  37.731 ms

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited December 2013

@dhamaniasad said: Not sure if this still qualifies, but we are running an offer for a 2GB KVM VPS for $4 (...)

Location? Test IP? How much for extra /29 IPv4 (5 useable)?

• @Inglar Thanks.
    New download speeds are awesome
    Download speed from CacheFly: 38.4MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.37MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 14.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.53MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 28.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.85MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 11.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 16.2MB/s

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

@aglodek said:

Located in Atlanta, Georgia.

Test IP: 162.248.208.130

a /29 would be $3, but you would need to provide justification for why you need those many IP's.

Edit: I was talking about 5 total usable addresses, not 5 additional(a /29) excluding the addresses you already have.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • no Recurring?

and how can I pay the payment bill from UAH to USD by paypal?

there is no way to pay by paypal when select the Payment method

@Strikerr @DeftNerd

Spirit said: After that you will be charged regular price (or we provide new discount - who knows? :))

• @dhamaniasad said:
    a /29 would be $3, but you would need to provide justification for why you need those many IP's.

With the /29 does this mean I get my two free plus this 5? For 7$ a month?

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

@trexos said:
    With the /29 does this mean I get my two free plus this 5? For 7$ a month?

Oh, sorry, I got that wrong. It would be 5 total IP addresses. A /29(your 2 free, plus an additional 5) would cost $4, but justification is required.