Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combined Super Special Black Friday Deals Thread - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combined Super Special Black Friday Deals Thread

Comments

• I want this 50$ coupon on my.acc haha

• i have about 9 free months, so need to think about something... hahah

• DO best offer so far, can't resist, ordered one. USD5 for 11 months...

• Create a droplet at DO, turn it off, destroy it, logout, and wait for next year to login, we've been a user at DO for 2 years :D

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited November 2013

@smile93 arent DO smallest droplets 5 dollars per month?

so that whould give you 9 free months, unless you did something i did not.. XDDD

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

cloromorpho said: i have about 9 free months, so need to think about something... hahah

I hope it will last less than that before NL is available... I have no need for another US VM.

• Digital Ocean's offer has been the best so far.

• Oh dear, just "wasted" 5$ do get this 50$ haha. No need but hey now I have 2 DO accouns with 65$ credits. Wait till NL is back in stock and then I will have another idle VPS :)

• @trexos said:
    Oh dear, just "wasted" 5$ do get this 50$ haha. No need but hey now I have 2 DO accouns with 65$ credits. Wait till NL is back in stock and then I will have another idle VPS :)

I just went ahead and added a debit card, free server for 10 months!

• @trexos - how 65 USD?

• Where do you enter the DO voucher code?

• @Gerrard8 said:
    Where do you enter the DO voucher code?

At the end of billing page........ :)

• In hosting i only liked digitalocean offer.All other hosting offers are trash.

• @skybucks100 said:
    I just went ahead and added a debit card, free server for 10 months!

I don't have one. And for my 1st account I already used the one of a friend of mine :P

@darknessends said:
    trexos - how 65 USD?

1st account 10$ (halloween special) and now 2nd account 55$ (50$ voucher + 5$ paypal). So I paid 5$ for 65$ DO credit :)

• I had to submit a support ticket but it got added.

• @Gerrard8 said:
    I had to submit a support ticket but it got added.

To your existing account?

• @trexos said:
    To your existing account?

Nah made a new one via VPN/new email.

• @Gerrard8
    I see. Only thing I don't get with DO why no installation over VNC and no Windows. Sux.

• @Gerrard8 said:

did you tell the truth?

@shawn123 said:
    In hosting i only liked digitalocean offer.All other hosting offers are trash.

As I said many times, nothing can beat free :)

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

@Maounique said:
    As I said many times, nothing can beat free :)

Amsterdam cloud scenario 1: DomainBop switches to a free "cloud provider" in Amsterdam that likes to hand out coupons but has a history of outages and losing customer's data (no HA, RAID5). DomainBop's business takes a hit after the provider suffers a few outages and a hard drive crash. DomainBop is forced to get a second job which means he has less time to troll LET.

Amsterdam cloud scenario 2: DomainBop stays with CloudVPS in Amsterdam which is a real HA cloud solution. DomainBop doesn't need to get a second job which means he has a lot of free time to troll LET.

TL;DR sometimes free can be beaten, and sometimes free is more costly in the long run than paid.

Thanked by 2Maounique Infinity
  • @DomainBop - so true, BlueVM doubled my work.

edited November 2013

@DomainBop said:
    TL;DR sometimes free can be used for production, but in most cases shouldnt unless a vast network of frees is used to become fault-tolerant and this will need constant care and time lost to fix.

There, fixed it.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited November 2013

Just did a domain transfer from Godaddy to Namecheap at 98c. Good feelings!

• @chinmoy said:
    Just did a domain transfer from Godaddy to Namecheap at 98c. Good feelings!

Glad you could get through. I saw it at 200 coupons left. By the time the site loaded past the checkout page, all coupons were gone.

• @chinmoy - Transferring a lot today, waiting for it to come back again.
    http://www.hostgator.com/ FIRESALE 1.95 USD ORG/NET/COM/US registration

• http://www.hostgator.com/ FIRESALE 1.95 USD ORG/NET/COM/US registration

• @darknessends said:
    chinmoy - Transferring a lot today, waiting for it to come back again.
    http://www.hostgator.com/ FIRESALE 1.95 USD ORG/NET/COM/US registration

They do not support paypal?

• @coolnow said:
    Glad you could get through. I saw it at 200 coupons left. By the time the site loaded past the checkout page, all coupons were gone.

Thanks :) I was actually waiting in front of my monitor for this deal to transfer the last domain I had with GD.