Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicatserver.ro aka Astimp IT Solution SRL silently logging into the customer server - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicatserver.ro aka Astimp IT Solution SRL silently logging into the customer server

Comments

• @jbiloh @dedicatserver_ro Has been found guilty of snooping on customer services through what amounts to a backdoor.

The people call for this @dedicatserver_ro entity to be banned.

How do you rule, sir?

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @alexvolk said:

@starbetrayer said:
    how is this provider not banned yet ?

Maybe mods still deciding, I don't know, @FAT32 could have more info?

Provider acknowledged doing that which is looked normal for them (keeping all customers clean).

I'm still waiting for your apology @dedicatserver_ro to the community, not to me personally.

If you didnt notice...he doesn't care.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Just want to be clear, honestly I have no reason to hate / purposely attack dedicatserver_ro before this incident.

I still hope dedicatserver_ro can look into it seriously and give a proper statement, instead of flagging the posts / asking to close this thread.

Thanked by 2alexvolk Thundas
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@FAT32

have you found in this whole thread any proof ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    @FAT32

He logged on the server and checked it out himself was provided with sufficient proof in the background, if you're not aware.

So boo to you.

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    @FAT32

Page 1. Here's a reminder.

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@SirFoxy said: why would you need to login to a server to determine they're conducting a ddos attack?

to see something like that:

and to store the evidence.

So from your own post, you can and do log in to customer systems without their prior agreement?

There's no need to log in to a customer system to identify if someone is performing an attack, as you should well know.

edited July 2021

@jackb said: So you can and do log in to customer systems without their prior agreement?

1. the printscreen is from one dedicat server not from VPS , i give this like example and can show you the agrement of client to go in to this server for upgrade
    2. I can give any administator from LET the access to this dedicated server to see him self - this is proof
    3. so the client claim we access his VPS, but has don´t open a ticket or sent a PM or ....made a official claim - without proof (
    4. if we know where it is we can check if we have his accept or not , and whether the statement is true or false
  • @dedicatserver_ro should spend some time writing an exit letter.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said: made a official claim - without proof

This is allowed and encouraged as long as it is not against "top providers" so I wouldn't waste my breath.
    I think their MO is like this:
    Do shitty stuff which triggers alarms, upon checking the traffic and whatnot, the provider would suspend, the minion will then react like this:
    1. Deny it and claim he has been suspended for nothing and shit in all places you post even as a private person;
    or
    2. Proof is provided, then you got in without their consent;
    or
    3. They refuse to give you any ticket number so you can't tell what kind of shit they did and provide the proof you have (from traffic/abuse reports/blacklisting, etc).
    This way, the "Top Provider" always wins, of course, with the help of the admins like @raindog308 which ignore the slander and mock people pointing at the rules.

• WOW @dedicatserver_ro making a statement, but still not denying he logged into alexvolks server.

If cocius unprofessional acts made him loose the provider tag, makes you wonder why dedicatserver_ro still have it.

• Provider asks for proof but does not categorically deny this is something that he does without permission/warrants.

fat32 already posted that he was provided proof in private.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @Maounique said:
    This is allowed and encouraged as long as it is not against "top providers" so I wouldn't waste my breath.

Not tired to be a victim? I would definitely ignore each of your messages after that no point to feed you with some kind of logic.

• @TheJohnDoe said:
    WOW @dedicatserver_ro making a statement, but still not denying he logged into alexvolks server.

If cocius unprofessional acts made him loose the provider tag, makes you wonder why dedicatserver_ro still have it.

This. Breaching customer privacy is magnitudes worse than losing servers.

Thanked by 3jsg alexvolk drunkendog

@TheJohnDoe said: logged into alexvolks server.

• according to his statement is VPS
    • we don´t know Who is
    edited July 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said: we don´t know Who is

I recognize his MO :P I think the "Top Provider" is continuing the elimination of cheap Romanian hosts from here. They only got worked up against me after I have tried to restore some decency in the first cociu thread.

• TheJohnDoeTheJohnDoe Member
    edited July 2021

So this practice is so common for you, so when a user makes this claim you don't even have any idea who the customer is?
    If you had logged into one or two servers the past months it wouldn't really be hard to know which server he's talking about..

How often do you log into customers servers without their knowledge?

Thanked by 2drunkendog alexvolk
    edited July 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@jackb said: So you can and do log in to customer systems without their prior agreement?

1. the printscreen is from one dedicat server not from VPS , i give this like example and can show you the agrement of client to go in to this server for upgrade
    2. I can give any administator from LET the access to this dedicated server to see him self - this is proof
    3. so the client claim we access his VPS, but has don´t open a ticket or sent a PM or ....made a official claim - without proof (
    4. if we know where it is we can check if we have his accept or not , and whether the statement is true or false

Yes, if you had permission from a customer to log in to a system and they were running an attack at the time; that isn't a breach of privacy in the screenshot. However, the attack should have been noticed earlier & customer suspended. I'm guessing they didn't just start the attack immediately before you logged in.

I think now that the evidence was provided from @alexvolk to @FAT32, it should also be provided to you so that you have an opportunity to answer this.

edited July 2021

@jackb said: I think now that the evidence was provided from @alexvolk

Nope, if he would provide the evidence, the provider could show the proof. If he gives it only once, then all providers will know what he is doing, so he will never show any proof he is even a customer. He would be finished and the "Top Provider" will lose one of the powerful tools to eliminate competition.

@jackb said: I think now that the evidence was provided from @alexvolk to @FAT32, it should also be provided to you so that you have an opportunity to answer this.

• if @FAT32 has evidence it would be fair to present it to us
  • @jackb said: it should also be provided to you so that you have an opportunity to answer this.

What's the reason proofs should be provided to the provider? They're still not denying logging into the customer's servers without permission and answers they've provided only confirmed what they're doing.

Asking for proof after flagging posts to close the thread?

@dedicatserver_ro said:

You don't deserve proof as simple as that.

@jackb said: been noticed earlier & customer suspended

- we have cancel the service ( dedicat server )

edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:

@jackb said: it should also be provided to you so that you have an opportunity to answer this.

What's the reason proofs should be provided to the provider? They're still not denying logging into the customer's servers without permission and answers they've provided only confirmed what they're doing.

Asking for proof after flagging posts to close the thread?

@dedicatserver_ro said:

You don't deserve proof as simple as that.

It's very possible it happened exactly as you stated, and in that case he likely has an employee to fire. If you don't provide him any details, he can't take action to prevent it reoccurring on someone else's server.

I can't think of any reasons you'd want to avoid disclosing this privately to him.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@FAT32 now you can see why i flag this post

• @jackb said:
    It's very possible it happened exactly as you stated, and in that case he likely has an employee to fire. If you don't provide him any details, he can't prevent it reoccurring.

Maybe the person who was logging into the servers is @dedicatserver_ro himself?

That's the only possible way to explain all his replies.

@dedicatserver_ro are you the owner or just an employee?

For LET members - you ask for good services and good ddos protection but defend those who launch attacks or ilegal activity

@dedicatserver_ro said: For LET members - you ask for good services and good ddos protection but defend those who launch attacks or ilegal activity

That is the point, as long as he provides no proof, the burden to defend from slander without any clue is on you. That is the genius of this method.
    Of course, it only works with admin support.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @dedicatserver_ro said:
    For LET members - you ask for good services and good ddos protection but defend those who launch attacks or ilegal activity

Do you have any proofs that I was launching attacks towards you?

Maybe my tone isn't right sometimes but I've never done that kind of shit and never would do.

It's you who advertised DDoS protection and probably someone wanted to test how good you're?

Null routing your own IP that's what you did and the customer pays for the bandwidth.

edited July 2021

@alexvolk said: are you the owner

Owner - 52 years old , degree in informatik - if you think I have nothing to do but see that it's on a VPS you're wrong

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuhlmuller-gabriel-b0530295/

You can also introduce yourself

• @dedicatserver_ro said:
    Owner - 52 years old , degree in informatik - if you think I have nothing to do but see that it's on a VPS you're wrong

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuhlmuller-gabriel-b0530295/

You can also introduce yourself

Ask him to come here and apologize to the community.

• edited July 2021

@Maounique said:

I recognize his MO :P I think the "Top Provider" is continuing the elimination of cheap Romanian hosts from here. They only got worked up against me after I have tried to restore some decency in the first cociu thread.

Still playing that victim card many years later, no?

Do note that we (the community) give 0 (read ZERO) shits about you or your constant "they are bullying me" complaints. It was funny for a minute, but that minute has long passed.

How the fuck do you run a company, if you start bitching and moaning the moment someone says you are dog shit?

Now im kinda rooting for other providers to keep slapping you on the wrists, cause that sweet sound of bitching that you make is adorable.

Feel free to like and flag my comment, as I am sure you will. And keep complaining 10years from now that someone was a "meanie".