Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicatserver.ro aka Astimp IT Solution SRL silently logging into the customer server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicatserver.ro aka Astimp IT Solution SRL silently logging into the customer server

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

AKA

Read between lines.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@alexvolk said: There is no reason why I should show my IP even masking the last octet?

Understood.

Don't worry, I get it now :)

• @rahulks said:

@NobodyInteresting said: Well... Now thats 2 out of 2.
    Seems like one should just avoid Romanian hosts in general

but

cociu respects the privacy at client's garden at least.

cociu respects that but switching off the network!

Thanked by 1BlaZe

cociu is the God we don't deserve but we have anyway.

(Does that even make sense.)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Here, should be enough:

Not really, tbh. Providers doing traffic monitoring is likely common to catch abusers before they get a whole IP range blacklisted. Still there's no clear statement that they've accessed your server.

Depending on the kind of abuse it may make sense for a provider to check what's going on on your server, although I don't know how they did that if you've changed the default root password.

But alright, let's agree to disagree.

Thanked by 1dedicatserver_ro

He doesn't deny it and avoids answering it directly. That's as good as confirmation in my book.

But, if you want to insist, so be it. Let's agree to say the end is nigh.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

This thread grew too fast for me to care about reading all the responses.

Can someone give me a TL;DR version?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk provided me with enough evidences via PM without blurring any parts and it shows that there's an unintended access via console which I assume is done by the provider (unless the host node is compromised). The IP is also within the range of Dedicatserver.ro

Full Disclosure: He offered me SSH access earlier (~5 minutes after he created this thread) but I am not good enough on Linux to do forensic so I declined

edited July 2021

tl;tr (Troll version)

1.Alex complains that his host logged into his account. No explanation whatsoever provided by the host

2.The host responds that it is what they do. (Note: Does not exactly admit but plays with words).

3.Alex enters PMS stage 1, plus so does everyone in the thread early on.

4.The host continues on the same stance.

5.MannDude asks what's going on.

Edited for a better format and more explanations.

• Soo.. Is it really normal for service providers to log into customers servers to look for DDOS or whatever?

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • The reason alex refuse to provide info to host is because the host can cover his tracks once he knows which container it is.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • So this is probably so common for dedicatserver_ro to do, so they don't even know which container this is all regarding?

Thanked by 2alexvolk AlwaysSkint

On a second thought, the host may have logged into Alex's account because he is his only customer?

The host was bored as hell and just wanted to play around. No harm intended, probably?

• @TheJohnDoe said:
    Soo.. Is it really normal for service providers to log into customers servers to look for DDOS or whatever?

I hope its not, i am paying to have exclusive access to the container, hosts should invest with their own monitoring software to monitor traffic externally & not from checking the logs manually by using a backdoor the host installed by giving the excuse that we cant install our own iso.

• @dedicatserver_ro said:
    ok, now for the LET members and the moderator :

• @alexvolk makes acusations without support (no proof, no ticket no PM )

Proof of what? You're on your own confirmed logging into customer's servers because you're "clean hosting only" and "to store the evidence" just in case?

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    for the good intent members:

• every ISP is monitoring the traffic and looks at what happens in that traffic, if not the seller at the first hop then the provider in the next hop
    • a conscious provider is not risking to blacklist his IPs and network
    • last year in europe were taken to court a provider (bulletproof cyberbunker in germany) , so whoever thinks he's doing something unnoticed in Europe has no idea how providers work

We're not talking about monitoring the traffic, however, you silently logging into the customer servers without permission which you still NOT DENYING, and asking for server IP just to try to remember which server was that.

I expected at least some apologies to the community (not to me personally - I don't trust a word from you) for what you're doing with your customer's servers.

You literally lost your trust forever and keep your garden clean, also:

And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? - Matthew 7:3

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • LeviLevi Member

"Even cociu doesn't do that" - that's because he have no knowledge how to do that? :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2021

The Romanian Snoop D O double G.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@alexvolk said: I don't trust a word from you) for what you're doing with your customer's servers.

You literally lost your trust forever and keep your garden clean, also

• again , why are you still my client ??

• again , why are you still my client ??

edited July 2021

tl;tr (Troll version) (Updated and concluded)

1. Alex complains that his host logged into his account. No explanation whatsoever provided by the host

2. The host responds that it is what they do. (Note: Does not exactly admit but plays with words).

3. Alex enters PMS stage 1, plus so does everyone in the thread early on.

4. The host continues on the same stance.

5. MannDude asks what's going on.

6. The host now claims that Alex is no longer his client. We don't know why the host booted Alex.

In conclusion, we do not know why Alex was booted. Alex himself does not know. The host does not know, either.

No one knows anything what the hell went on. The only thing we know is that the host logged into his account and decided to remove him as their customer for no apparent reason, possibly to save their face.

What a shits how.

As far as I can see, the only crime Alex has committed is that he found out that the host was being dodgy.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@deank said: No one knows anything what the hell went on. The only thing we know is that the host logged into his account and decided to remove him as their customer for no apparent reason, possibly to save their face.

• from his home PC ;)
    Thanked by 1alexvolk

I am accessing LET from my home PC.

That should NOT be a reason to ban me. Or am I high?

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@cold said:
    NEVER trust or do business with Romanians....for them customers are not that important as money are, they don't even give a shit about bad reputation or bad feedback...

big words,big words,chap. i know plenty of very honest romanians who are up to their promises for many years already. at least with me. to name some, m247 ro, nx-data and voxility guys. So, please dont call all romanians by bad names. there are lots of excemptions (majority) to those questionable folks we see threads almost weekly here at LET. like in any other country.

• LeviLevi Member

@deank said:
    I am accessing LET from my home PC.

That should NOT be a reason to ban me. Or am I high?

What? Do you even have home? I thought trolls live under the bridge or just turn into stone on sunrise.

Story tl;dr v2:

• Customer did something fishy;
    • Provider cought him;
    • Customer cought provider while being cought;

Main problem: they looked into each other while eiffel towering.

What an awkward situation. Let us get back to the Borta problem?

Dude, trolls live in caves. But modern trolls live in good caves with hydro.

Off topic, yeah, it is entirely possible that Alex was doing something fishy but why wouldn't host state it then? He isn't exactly defending himself well in that case.

I am leaning toward a possibly that Alex hanged his gf.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @jsg said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@jsg said: downloaded that document in order to learn

• I believe you , and now hi tested on me :D

Don't you get it? You've confirmed publicly that you entered a customers VPS and sniffed around. And to make it worse you publicly stated an allegation that is evidence only for one thing that is, that you do not even know what you are talking about (or are paranoid) and that you don't give a damn for your customers privacy.

FYI: I have benchmarked one of your VPSs and the results aren't bad, particularly for the low price but you've ruined everything by your nonsensical action here and by ridiculous allegations and utter disrespect for your customers. I can not in good conscience recommend dedicatserver.ro.

TL;DR You have demonstrated how to ruin with the left hand what the right hand tried to create (new business) with this thread. Congrats.

yep totally agreed, I alwqays though this host was shitty.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:

@alexvolk said:

@jar said: Did I read right that they deleted the bash history afterward

It was cleared indeed but they've forgotten to clear up the secure log file and last login as well.

Oh god, clearing bash history is sketchy as fuck.

absolutely, I have seen it done, with 90 percent removal, so you knew something was there.

• @deank said:
    Ban the host (again).

No two ways about it.

For once, I totally agree

ok, now for the LET members and the moderator :

• @alexvolk makes acusations without support (no proof, no ticket no PM )

oh the flatout lie right there

• StrypStryp Member

We're almost at pentaposting levels