Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 40
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @Maounique said:

@dahartigan said:

+Involucrated 400 drives

Our regular LETer is in trouble if has to read more than 20 words at a time.

Words like involucrated and refound are exempt of course.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@Maounique said:

@dahartigan said:

+Involucrated 400 drives

Our regular LETer is in trouble if has to read more than 20 words at a time.

Words like involucrated and refound are exempt of course.

we need more cupons

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@alexvolk said: Staff will be posting tomorrow that @cociu is a scammer by not paying his salary.

I hope not, @MikePT has a kid and 900 rescued animals to feed.

Francisco

• defaultdefault Veteran

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: act honorably is so strong that it paralyzes what little communication skill (and readiness) he has.

What are you talking about? Too much honor?? Have you been watching too much Avatar or something?

He has multiple people on these forums that have posted in this thread that he could have relay information in excellent english. He has to do exactly nothing but work on it, and have them post something.

He hasn't done that, the staff haven't either.

Francisco

cause != result

The result is very poor and so is his how he acts. But I wondered why he acts the way he does and why he hardly communicates (wrt the downtime).

• LeviLevi Member

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: act honorably is so strong that it paralyzes what little communication skill (and readiness) he has.

What are you talking about? Too much honor?? Have you been watching too much Avatar or something?

He has multiple people on these forums that have posted in this thread that he could have relay information in excellent english. He has to do exactly nothing but work on it, and have them post something.

Francisco

cause != result

The result is very poor and so is his how he acts. But I wondered why he acts the way he does and why he hardly communicates (wrt the downtime).

What more do you need in order to see this as a scam operation? Inaccessible website?

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: cause != result

Downtime is nothing new for him. Major outages that last weeks aren't either. Infact at the start of the thread no one thought anything of it other than "it happens".

I mean, until the most recent actions (namely the sales email, and now the forged announcement), you seemed to take that very stance ("It happens, it's a cheap price, it'll be back").

There's no honor in any action he's taken. You agreed yourself, it's deceitful.

We'll wait to see if anyone reports being unable to make paypal payments. I can't see the guy not getting hammered with chargebacks over this. At least in North America, If you get past a 1% payments:chargebacks ratio, you're going to get canned and quick.

Francisco

Thanked by 2bulbasaur TimboJones
  • Guess we'll just have to wait and see what actually happens. Until then this is all just involucration/speculation. Good drama though.

• LMFTFY

@Francisco said: "shit happens"

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said: Why does the Kremlin care about seemingly insignificant webhosts?

Are you insane? The Zeusgang had a turnover of multiple Billion dollars in stolen money, and the RBN added hundreds of millions on top....

Plus this groups are extremely tied to the GRU for foreign hacking, so it is not something you want to have right in your capital.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: cause != result

We'll wait to see if anyone reports being unable to make paypal payments. I can't see the guy not getting hammered with chargebacks over this. At least in North America, If you get past a 1% payments:chargebacks ratio, you're going to get canned and quick.

Francisco

Sooner or later the PayPal account will be replaced and problem solved!

Regards

• rahulksrahulks Member

@deank said: So, just to keep up, it's still down?

Not entirely down as you might think after reading all or most of the replies in this thread.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited May 2021

@notarobo said:
    just blew 10% of monthly data loading this page.

get @Jio ASAP.

Thanked by 1notarobo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@alexvolk said: Staff will be posting tomorrow that @cociu is a scammer by not paying his salary.

I hope not, @MikePT has a kid and 900 rescued animals to feed.

Francisco

Gladly, that's not the case. And he pays on time. We do need to get more NOC clients to expand that division.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said: which actually sounds reasonable because hardware prices did go up quite dramatically, chia being one factor

That part sounds reasonable...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me. I could understand logical data loss where data is gone and he provisions new systems, but 400 drives being physically unusable just doesn't ring true unless the whole DC was cooked.

It's possible he was speaking in haste but...

@notarobo said: just blew 10% of monthly data loading this page.

It was worth it.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:
    That part sounds reasonable...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me. I could understand logical data loss where data is gone and he provisions new systems, but 400 drives being physically unusable just doesn't ring true unless the whole DC was cooked.

Random thought, there could be 400 drives in the NetApp appliance, and he's planning to set up an entirely new system while trying to recover the data on the old one? Not 400 drives toast but enough that a straight up resync isn't going to work.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • sammsamm Member

@cociu where the fuck are you? any update?

• @raindog308 said: That part sounds reasonable...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me. I could understand logical data loss where data is gone and he provisions new systems, but 400 drives being physically unusable just doesn't ring true unless the whole DC was cooked.

Maybe he is really Dracula and he have no clue of what he is doing ?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I think he knows what he is doing.

The issue is that we don't know what he is doing.

• JorboxJorbox Member

Now I have a habit to open this post everyday, I don’t know what to do after the servers go online

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Plot chia once your server goes online.

That's obvious.

Thanked by 2Falzo pbx
  • JioJio Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said: That part sounds reasonable...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me. I could understand logical data loss where data is gone and he provisions new systems, but 400 drives being physically unusable just doesn't ring true unless the whole DC was cooked.

Honestly if this is oradea location, it seems totally believable. They're almost certainly all used servers, out of warranty, used ebay-equivalent spinning rust, and it isn't like high tier DC, as far as I've read from the past posts it's something closer to a warehouse?

I doubt there is A+B power, I doubt there is more than one PSU per server, and almost every single drive is spinning 24/7 at full tilt downloading torrents or chia, not a single parked head

not to mention the hilarious LET threads of cociu asking how to hook up aftermarket used UPS systems from turkey

@rahulks said: get @Jio ASAP.

please, jio plans are bullshit, the throttled data is so slow it cannot even load one gif

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@thedp said:
    @raindog308 © 2021 LowEndEntertainment. All rights reserved.

Comedy gold, right? The man withe the meme plan.

Thanked by 2seriesn alilet
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2021

@Jio said:

@raindog308 said: That part sounds reasonable...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me. I could understand logical data loss where data is gone and he provisions new systems, but 400 drives being physically unusable just doesn't ring true unless the whole DC was cooked.

Honestly if this is oradea location, it seems totally believable. They're almost certainly all used servers, out of warranty, used ebay-equivalent spinning rust, and it isn't like high tier DC, as far as I've read from the past posts it's something closer to a warehouse?

I doubt there is A+B power, I doubt there is more than one PSU per server, and almost every single drive is spinning 24/7 at full tilt downloading torrents or chia, not a single parked head

not to mention the hilarious LET threads of cociu asking how to hook up aftermarket used UPS systems from turkey

@rahulks said: get @Jio ASAP.

please, jio plans are bullshit, the throttled data is so slow it cannot even load one gif

Along those lines, from an electrical perspective, any significant over-voltage (ie from a failed shitty Chinese UPS) would certainly be capable of frying involucrating 400 drives at once.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

Yes, but that does not mean that his intentions were not honorable, nor does it mean that a strong sense of honor can't be the psychological cause for a behaviour that looks absolutely not honorable to the outside.

And I'll also wait to see if someone (and who) apologizes if @cociu somehow manages to get the situation under control (storage VMs running again) and if he does not scam anyone.

To again clearly state it: I'm not trying to cover cociu and I'm as angry as anyone wrt to the current situation and the way cociu handles it (extremely poorly). But I despise remarks that are guided by emotions, rumors, bashing, and unfair competition.

@raindog308 said:
    ...but an electrical outage nuking 400 drives just seems off to me.

Same with me. But then I've already heard a lot of nonsense from non-techies totally misinterpreting what techies tell them.

• @LTniger said:
    I'am proud of community and how it's mattured. Cociu is like a kid who spred fecal matter over his face. And community instead of sinking into rage flames just pour mild humor and patiently wait until kid washes away all fecies from his face.

Dafuq?

• @SirFoxy said:

@jsg said:
    I assume that when he saw the situation/problem he was shocked and very much frightened by the reaction he expected/imagined. So (again, just what I assume) he made a decision along the line "We must repair that somehow and fast. Once it's working again I'll offer a generous compensation on LET and serve the kind of 'Oh, I'm so sorry' blabla that is expected".

And then days passed with ridiculous progress and he began to understand that this will be a bloody mess and decided for a "I'll just duck and cover and use a 'you want me to get things running again, right? So I have to fully focus on that and can't talk" mode ... and hoped that his reputation could somehow be repaired once things were back to normal.

A psychologist friend once explained that to me. If people are confronted by a problem they feel they can't solve within reasonable parameters -and- there are people watching, then they decide to simply act as if there was no problem while frantically but "secretely" working on solving it.

Whatever. I don't think that @cociu was/is driven by evil motivations - but that's not the issue anyway. The issue is that he didn't communicate, that he seems to have lied, and to top it off, that he still ran a promo.

I don't think he'll go belly up, in fact I even assume that it's not unlikely that he'll get his provider tag back (with some conditions, probably) but (a) he will need months to get rid of his bad reputation and there'll be a scar for years, and (b) and worse, I think it's just not in him. He's not a bad person but he is the way he is and I'm afraid he'll never learn to properly communicate, to provide realistic ETA, to not make dubious or worthless promises.
    But he'll survive. One major reason being that there is nobody capable and/or willing to be in his market niche. And cheap! happens to sell well.

the most important thing you said is "I don't think cociu is up to evil intentions" everyone wants to paint him as evil doing an exit scam, but the reality is he's doing his best even if it isn't perfect.

Many of us never said it was a scam or has evil intentions, just that there's a million things wrong with him and his business model where this was inevitable. He isn't technical. He doesn't have a background in running DC's. He relies on one tech (Adrian) for his design and support. The pricing doesn't factor in all the potential costs. He makes credit promos that question his business man skills. His best just isn't good enough.

Jsg thinks he can recover running same way as he has been, but I disagree in that he's not running a sustainable business, as evidenced by the critical hardware that didn't have spares available.

• @LTniger said:

@jsg said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

cause != result

What more do you need in order to see this as a scam operation? Inaccessible website?

For the millionth time, you don't understand what scam means. Do you know cociu's intent? No, then stop being ignorant. You look stupid when you keep harping on about scams and you don't know what it is, yourself.

• @William said:

@Offshore_Solutions said: Why does the Kremlin care about seemingly insignificant webhosts?

Are you insane? The Zeusgang had a turnover of multiple Billion dollars in stolen money, and the RBN added hundreds of millions on top....

Plus this groups are extremely tied to the GRU for foreign hacking, so it is not something you want to have right in your capital.

When talking about state sponsored Russia hacking on this site, you need video confession by one of the hackers as proof or else it'll just get called Western propaganda and treated like Putin attacks for no reason.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • @deank said:
    I think he knows what he is doing.

What on earth would give you that idea? There's nothing to suggest he even knows what day of the week it is.

This discussion has been closed.