Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 105
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said: Side note: My interest is neither covering some provider nor bashing (or even declaring dead) them. My interest is in finding out what really happens, what the real state is and, as far as possible, why and how things happen.

Then what are you doing here? :open_mouth:

Thanked by 2pbx Andrews
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Beating a skeleton of a dead horse.

Its flesh rotted away a long time ago.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@Andrews

It seems that some around here reject facts and prefer their subjective perception, and if that doesn't work out they sling mud at the guy who dares to state the factual reality. Strange but hey psychiatrists need to earn a living too ...

Back to reality: I think this is a good point in time to remind every HS customer: Make backups! The fact that many (most?) of HostSolution's nodes/dedis are working now does not imply that they'll also work in a week or a month. Also keep in mind that @cociu is known to, uhm, ... make significant changes in a surprising manner and without letting customers know ahead of time. So, again: make backups while you can!

Thanked by 2seriesn sureshkanth
  • @jsg obviously, your definition of deadpooling or bunkryptcy is when provider does not have at least one working serivce
    others could think, that 3000 abandoned customers without the services (which they paid for) for 7 weeks is way enough

• defaultdefault Veteran

Was the IP range 188.213.49.X sold?

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

@default said: Was the IP range 188.213.49.X sold?

No. You can find if someone sold an IP range by looking at the "IPv4 Prefixes Announced" section under https://bgp.he.net/AS44220#_asinfo

• defaultdefault Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:

No. You can find if someone sold an IP range by looking at the "IPv4 Prefixes Announced" section under https://bgp.he.net/AS44220#_asinfo

Thanks. But was it put up for sale? I do not have access on IP sales or auctions.

edited July 2021

@Andrews said:
    @jsg obviously, your definition of deadpooling or bunkryptcy is when provider does not have at least one working serivce
    others could think, that 3000 abandoned customers without the services (which they paid for) for 7 weeks is way enough

Well formally 'dead' means 'zero life left'. But of course I wouldn't actually call a provider 'alive' or 'functioning' with only 1 working service/VPS.
    My practical definition is that as long as a significant number of servers/VPSs work within reasonable parameters a provider is not deadpooled. That doesn't mean that they are a good and/or reliable provider but simply that they are not dead.

You also seem to ignore the fact that a lot of significant factors are not known. Example: "3000 customers". In relation to a total number of customers of (how many)? 3000 out of 30000 is quite different from 3000 out of 3030.
    Plus of course the number '3000' can be - and actually has been - questioned. Funnily some people called that number way too high but still use it anyway when it's convenient for their narrative...

Sorry but I'm under the clear impression that some users here are largely led by emotions and subjective perception and interpretation, which may make them feel better but for a reasonable evaluation that's totally worthless.

Oh, and kindly stop (if you are capable) trying to smear me and painting me as a weird guy who ignores facts, when in fact the very trigger for your post is me stating factual observations (you happen to dislike).

Thanked by 1default
  • @default said:

@stevewatson301 said:

Thanks. But was it put up for sale? I do not have access on IP sales or auctions.

People will usually deannounce the range before selling it, but I don't see any recent drop in the announced ranges so it's probably safe to say he's not selling IP ranges just yet.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited July 2021

@jsg said:

@Andrews said:
    @jsg obviously, your definition of deadpooling or bunkryptcy is when provider does not have at least one working serivce

Well formally 'dead' means 'zero life left'. But of course I wouldn't actually call a provider 'alive' or 'functioning' with only 1 working service/VPS.
    My practical definition is that as long as a significant number of servers/VPSs work within reasonable parameters a provider is not deadpooled. That doesn't mean that they are a good and/or reliable provider but simply that they are not dead.

I wrote it before, and I will wrote it one more time: we have different definition of deadpool/bankruptcy
    you are saying, that if there are some working services that this business is not dead
    I am saying, that if company is not able to deliver sold services/products, pay debts, for such huge amount of customers (3000) and for such long time (7 weeks) it is DONE
    if you still not understand, than look for law definition of bankruptcy
    I am not trying to convince you anymore, I just point out that difference between us

You also seem to ignore the fact that a lot of significant factors are not known. Example: "3000 customers". In relation to a total number of customers of (how many)? 3000 out of 30000 is quite different from 3000 out of 3030.

no, it does not matter if 3000 scammed customers is 90%, 50% or only 10% of total number of HS customers. it is still 3000 too match
    if you are unsure, than go and ask PayPal, if 3000 chargebacks is fine, if rest of customers (let say 10, 50 or even 90%) are happy

Plus of course the number '3000' can be - and actually has been - questioned. Funnily some people called that number way too high but still use it anyway when it's convenient for their narrative...

questioned??? this number was provided by cociu, your idol... I mean sponsor
    yes, I could agree, that now all his words are extremely QUESTIONABLE

Sorry but I'm under the clear impression that some users here are largely led by emotions and subjective perception and interpretation, which may make them feel better but for a reasonable evaluation that's totally worthless.

Oh, and kindly stop (if you are capable) trying to smear me and painting me as a weird guy who ignores facts, when in fact the very trigger for your post is me stating factual observations (you happen to dislike).

yes, there is here one user, weird guy who persistently ignores obvious facts, and using walls of BS... I mean text tries to convince us that there is everything ok with HS, just small cosmetic inconvenience only
    all his negative answer for this huge 7 weeks drama with HS was his word "as_ole" (he was afraid to wrote it clearly…)
    I don't know, but his final ultimate condemnation for HS drama (after another 7 months) will be probably such a brave statement "C_U HOW DARE YOU":D
    yes, that weird user is YOU

so, don't pretending to be sorry, just stop repeating to all these 3000 people, that you give a shit about their paid dead services... because some other (maybe some of them got for free for tests) are still working. just try to be more empathetic for their great tragedy ;)

@Andrews said:
    ... cociu, your idol... I mean sponsor

You really should see a psychiatrist. In a following step you may try to climb the first steps of a staircase towards civilized society.

yes, there is here one user, weird guy who persistently ignores obvious facts, and using walls of BS... I mean text tries to convince us that there is everything ok with HS, just small cosmetic inconvenience only

Plain BS

Frankly, from a human perspective you are no better than @cociu and in fact in some regards even more despicable.

• @jsg said:
    You really should see a psychiatrist. In a following step you may try to climb the first steps of a staircase towards civilized society.

Plain BS

Frankly, from a human perspective you are no better than @cociu and in fact in some regards even more despicable.

plain BS is fountain of your weird stories through all these 105 pages of this thread where you are trying to convince us that nothing happened with HS, and all is absolutely normal

further discussion with you is pointless

@Andrews said:
    plain BS is fountain of your weird stories through all these 105 pages of this thread where you are trying to convince us that nothing happened with HS, and all is absolutely normal

That's provably a lie and BS.

further discussion with you is pointless

For someone like you? Absolutely.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @LTniger said:
    I summon few fanatics for situation overview as NVMe vps's begin to fade out.

@jsg
    @TimboJones
    @Maounique

Guys, let us see your insights.

I expected this to happen a few days ago. Makes sense to happen on the 1st than whatever I guessed, somewhere between June 26-30, I forget.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
    • Someone has company issues
    • LET trolls with throwaway accounts be like:
    Thanked by 3default bdl TimboJones
  • @jsg said:
    That's provably a lie and BS.

Can we expect next something like:

HostSolutions is alive because hostsolutions.ro domain name is resolving just fine and somebody added some stocks!!!

• @alexvolk that gif hahahahhahahahahahahahha

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited July 2021

@amadex1337 said:
    @alexvolk that gif hahahahhahahahahahahahha

Do you want more? Here we go:

@jsg awaiting to take interview from @cociu on Monday.

• plus and one more thing
    using your narrative style

@jsg said:

some people call you weirdo, spreading disinformation in this thread regarding obvious easy to verify facts, being counterproductive for all these 3000 affected customers, what is justifiable only by extreme childish naivety or bad will (own interest)

some people call you... your narrative

• Some folks are so easily wound up. :|

Thanked by 1FrankZ
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:
    HostSolutions is alive because hostsolutions.ro domain name is resolving just fine and somebody added some stocks!!!

That's nonsense. I say they are not dead because the majority of the systems there I have access too is still working OK.

@alexvolk said:
    @jsg awaiting to take interview from @cociu on Monday.

BS! In fact I would be surprised if Mr. "tomorrow!" @cociu would provide any info or statement here on monday.

@Andrews said:
    some people call you weirdo, spreading disinformation in this thread regarding obvious easy to verify facts, being counterproductive for all these 3000 affected customers, what is justifiable only by extreme childish naivety or bad will (own interest)

some people call you... your narrative

BS again. It's a verifiable fact that the number (provided by cociu iirc) "3000" has been doubted here and some countered it e.g. with the fact that HostSolutions does not even have 3000 (publicly known) IPs. Also there were multiple comments along the lines that one shouldn't trust numbers provided by cociu.

Btw, most of the concerned (by the storage clusterf_ck) customers were on the IP range that was sold. Which also means that max. about 1000 customers were concerned and not 3000. But hey, just continue to bend it the way it suits you at any given moment ...

• @jsg said: That's nonsense. I say they are not dead because the majority of the systems there I have access too is still working OK.

At some point when the house is on fire, firemen stop watered the house to focus on other house. You should really accept the HS is now a dead horse. His reputation is so broken that even if you are lucky enough to still have a service working or by miracle you get a service restored, you should be careful. A hammer may ( or I should say will) fall at any time soon on the server. There are nothing to save, just accept that.

Thanked by 2Andrews Demindiro

@ben47955 said:

@jsg said: That's nonsense. I say they are not dead because the majority of the systems there I have access too is still working OK.

At some point when the house is on fire, firemen stop watered the house to focus on other house. You should really accept the HS is now a dead horse. His reputation is so broken that even if you are lucky enough to still have a service working or by miracle you get a service restored, you should be careful. A hammer may ( or I should say will) fall at any time soon on the server. There are nothing to save, just accept that.

You see that's funny, because actually - as opposed to what's in the minds of some here - I do not even care about HS other than the fact that it would be nice to have a very cheap provider here on LET.

My impetus is simply to state the current situation. As in e.g. "majority of systems still working OK".

Will HostSolutions survive? Me neither know nor care a lot. But I presume that @cociu will fight with everything he has to have HS survive. Simple reason: He invested money and years of work. Plus he sold an IP range - which also seems to indicate that he is not about to sell HS itself (which btw. lost some worth by the IP deal) - and HS continually grew somehow. And of course the current situation isn't exactly a good position from which to sell HS.

I'm absolutely ready to change my point of view if actually and factually something relevant changes. But I still see "only" the storage clusterf_ck. Yes, it seems that occasionally this or that part of HS is slow or unreachable but frankly, that is to be expected from a provider in severe distress. But the large picture hasn't changed; it was failing storage systems and it still largely is.

If I see real changes, presumably to the negative, I'll adapt my point of view and if adequate change it. Noise, emotional and/or subjective interpretations however don't impress me, nor does "but many say ..." (and even less does throwing dirt at me. I simply regard that as absence of arguments).

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Thanked by 1angelius
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

It's been a week since cociu's last update regarding the processed refunds for 87 clients along with the 50 re-created VPSs.

Not 1 person has acknowledged that either of those two happened.

Pure BS at its finest :)

@ben47955 said:
    @jsg
    [Image of yourself]

Not that I asked for it but thanks anyway.

@thedp said:
    It's been a week since cociu's last update regarding the processed refunds for 87 clients along with the 50 re-created VPSs.

Not 1 person has acknowledged that either of those two happened.

Pure BS at its finest :)

Yes, that's really miserable. But oh well, it's not really new that a promise from @cociu isn't worth a whole lot ...

• If you lost money because you paid any attention to a troll, well... that's a learning experience at least.

As for data you need to be available, learn to use borgbackup today. (or at least rsync)

• What do you think others who didn't ask for refund will get service back?

This discussion has been closed.