Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions down?

Comments

• I think its up after 17~ hours down

• LeeLee Veteran

@msatt said: Everytime I give hostsolutions the benefit of the doubt and everytime they fail

it's how they measure success.

• bdlbdl Member

@Jorbox said:
    I think its up after 17~ hours down

yeah mine just came back too

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited April 2021

Looking at pings and traceroutes, it seems like the servers have been moved to Bucharest from Oradea.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @brueggus said:
    Looking at pings and traceroutes, it seems like the servers have been moved to Bucharest from Oradea.

Look like. This isn't nice.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ben47955 said:

@brueggus said:

Look like. This isn't nice.

Oradea still up here.

• I have this Vps before Bucharest go live. I have two other VPS in Bucharest and always found to be a shitty location, but this expected to be fixed at some point, but moving VPS is really a shitty move.

• Mine seems to be up now but has not been upgraded to a 10GB port.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited April 2021

oof

one of my sites to (new) Bucharest location has dropped 10ms latency, the other site to Bucharest +100ms since it's taking the scenic route the other way around the globe :#

Oh well, at least they are both in Romania so I'm getting what I paid for :D

Maybe the 10Gbps upgrade (see: https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/serverstatus.php) is achieved by moving excess servers away from Oradea site? :D

• LeviLevi Member

Server is back online after 19h of downtime.

• down again ?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Jackma1 said:
    down again ?

no, just next batch to be shipped over this night.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

By bicycles.

Thanked by 4Falzo bdl default Egyarmy
  • Billing down, can't even open ticket to complain. That how to get people asking support on LET.

They will come back up, eventually.

Not the first time this sort of things happened with him. So, give it time, give up, wait, and it will eventually come back at one point.

Could be hours, days, or even years, she will come back.

• @jsg said:

@Daniel15 said:

@jsg said:
    Yep, they sent an email. On somewhat short notice though.

But frankly, if their network gets significantly better I won't complain.

I still haven't received any emails from them, and my VPS has been down for over ten hours now.

I just looked for you. The message was sent Apr. 14 at 13:36:27 + 2:00 from '[email protected]'.

HTH

I double-checked my spam filter, SMTP logs, and WHMCS' email history page (https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/clientarea.php?action=emails). Never got any email from them. The last email I received from them was on March 8 when I cancelled one of my services.

• @msatt said: The email sent gave 5 hours notice and specified an IP range of 'IP subnet is 192.148.68/22' as mine is 193.148.69.xxx I can't be effected

Your IP is in that subnet. 192.148.68.1/22 includes all IPs from 192.148.68.1 to 192.148.71.255

edited April 2021

Are you are hosting something important on HS?

Their customers don't usually care about few days of downtime.

Thanked by 2mikewazar Egyarmy
  • @deank said: Don't tell me you are hosting something important on HS?

I'm not, but some notice would have been good. I didn't get the email others have mentioned, and don't see it in WHMCS' email logs.

Being a customer of HS brings following gifts.

1. Downtime without a notice. Downtime can vary from minutes to weeks.
    2. Your ticket not being answered, forever. Not always but occasionally.
    3. Slow node (Noisy neighbor effect). A request to move to another node can take years.

In the end, they aren't too bad. I mean, for the price you pay, it's okay because, when it works, it works.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2021

Surprisingly they're better than some other hosts I've tried. I haven't had any issues with tickets taking longer than a week or two to resolve, which is more than I can say for QuadHost (where I still have a ticket open since December 2019... Even now that they're shutting down the ticket is still there in 'Open' status)

edited April 2021

Hence I said "When it works, works."

You are going through the first ordeal as a HS customer. Hang in there.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • @deank said:
    3. Slow node (Noisy neighbor effect). A request to move to another node can take years.

I once asked to be moved to another node. Took 5 days and my VPS ended up getting wiped, lol.

• CybrCybr Member

Looks like I really dodged a bullet with this host. It's a shame since I've always seen good things about cociu on LET.

Getting a completely unusable VPS with 98% steal and no response to my ticket ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur angelius
  • Heh, my server is still up. However I have no idea where it's located, I just bought the cheap promo one. IP starts with 45.X so I would assume I am safe.

• @JabJab said:
    Heh, my server is still up. However I have no idea where it's located, I just bought the cheap promo one. IP starts with 45.X so I would assume I am safe.

Its host solutions. Your assumption can play a trick on you at any time :-)

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • Tr33nTr33n Member

@Daniel15 said: Your IP is in that subnet. 192.148.68.1/22 includes all IPs from 192.148.68.1 to 192.148.71.255

He said:

@msatt said: as mine is 193.148.69.xxx I can't be effected - wrong.

Obviously HostSolution has mistyped the subnet (look at the first octet).

• @Tr33n said: Obviously HostSolution has mistyped the subnet (look at the first octet).

Oops, I'm dumb, I didn't even notice the first octet was different.

• msattmsatt Member

@Daniel15 said:

@msatt said: The email sent gave 5 hours notice and specified an IP range of 'IP subnet is 192.148.68/22' as mine is 193.148.69.xxx I can't be effected

Your IP is in that subnet. 192.148.68.1/22 includes all IPs from 192.148.68.1 to 192.148.71.255

My ip is 193.148.69.xxx so not in the range specified or the range specified in the email was wrong.

• bdlbdl Member

My IP is 188.240.208.xxx and I still got the good ol' location reacharound/switcharound and my service now seems to be in Bucharest