Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

🥚EASTER 2021 MEGATHREAD 🐇 - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🥚EASTER 2021 MEGATHREAD 🐇

Comments

• FritzFritz Veteran

@hosthatch said:
    Here we are :)

> 1x 2.4+ GHz
    > 4 GB RAM
    > 2 TB disk
    > 6 TB bandwidth
    > $50 per year, $80 per 2 years
    > 

CHI (4 available) / LON (5 available) / LAX (15 available)

> 1x 2.4+ GHz
    > 2 GB RAM
    > 10 TB disk
    > 15 TB bandwidth
    > $150 per year, $250 per 2 years
    > 

STO (1 available, higher price/bandwidth) / LAX (11 available)

> 2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    > 8 GB RAM
    > 20 GB NVMe SSD (+ 10G for 2 years)
    > 5 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in SYD/HKG)
    > $35 per year 
    > 

STO / MIL / MAD / LAX / SYD / OSL

> 3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    > 16 GB RAM
    > 50 GB NVMe SSD (+20G for 2 years)
    > 10 TB bandwidth (3 TB in SYD/HKG)
    > $65 per year
    > 

STO / MIL / MAD / LAX / SYD / OSL

Delivery ETA:

10 working days for Storage servers
    2 working days for NVMe servers

Please do not open a ticket before this asking for a faster setup. We will provision everyone as soon as we can :)

Thanks guys!

Exellente @hosthatch

• @edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said: It seems HostHatch is going wild again.

Their sales are really unbeatable for the price. I probably would have bought more VPSes during these sales if I didn't already so many after their Black Friday sales.

I totally understand you...

I think all up I spent over $700 with HostHatch during Black Friday. So far I don't think I've seen any other hosts offer VPSes with 16GB RAM for ~$60-70/year

I snagged a deal with GeorgeDataCenter with 16 GB RAM and 4 dedicated cores (xeon e5-2680 0) for $84/year. ~$14-$24 difference but with dedicated cores so it's well worth it.

Where did you get that to? Must have missed it somehow

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited April 2021

What will happen if I use the CPU at Hosthatch at 100% for a long time? I mean it shows 100% in the system(top command), it would be nice if Hosthact h could provide API to manage the server.

Can the Nvme plan can be used for mining ? Because that has some ratio of dedi. CPU.

@hosthatch

• @mcgree said: Can the Nvme plan can be used for mining ?

Seriously?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2021

@mcgree said:
    What will happen if I use the CPU at Hosthatch at 100% for a long time? I mean it shows 100% in the system(top command), it would be nice if Hosthact h could provide API to manage the server.

Can the Nvme plan can be used for mining ? Because that has some ratio of dedi. CPU.

@hosthatch

Really? Mining?! This is exactly why you do not deserve nice things.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @default said:

@mcgree said:

@hosthatch

There are two or three hours IDLE in the middle of the night.

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited April 2021

@mcgree said:

@default said:

@mcgree said:

@hosthatch

There are two or three hours IDLE in the middle of the night.

then you should dedicate your wallet to them

and leave it IDLE 2-3 hours

• As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage
    A list of prohibited content can be found below, which includes but not limited to the following:

Virtual currency mining (such as bitcoin, primecoin etc), except on plans with dedicated CPU

I haven't seen any dedicated CPU plan (afaik 100% dedicated != dedicated CPU), so no, you cannot mine on these

• @sanvit said:
    As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage
    A list of prohibited content can be found below, which includes but not limited to the following:

Virtual currency mining (such as bitcoin, primecoin etc), except on plans with dedicated CPU

I haven't seen any dedicated CPU plan (afaik 100% dedicated != dedicated CPU), so no, you cannot mine on these

I also have this question:

100% dedicated ?= dedicated CPU

• @Hhhonlyfan said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

Their sales are really unbeatable for the price. I probably would have bought more VPSes during these sales if I didn't already so many after their Black Friday sales.

I think all up I spent over $700 with HostHatch during Black Friday. So far I don't think I've seen any other hosts offer VPSes with 16GB RAM for ~$60-70/year

I snagged a deal with GeorgeDataCenter with 16 GB RAM and 4 dedicated cores (xeon e5-2680 0) for $84/year. ~$14-$24 difference but with dedicated cores so it's well worth it.

Would like to know as well

• dosaidosai Member

@mcgree said:

@sanvit said:
    As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage

Out of 3vCPU you can use 1vCPU at 100%

• @dosai said:

@mcgree said:

@sanvit said:
    As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage

Use cpulimit to limit mining to 25% per vCPU :'(

• @dosai said:

@mcgree said:

@sanvit said:
    As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage

I won't be sure about this, as their regular plan actually gives you fully dedicated cores while the BF/Easter offer only provides shared cores with usage limitations. Would love to see @hosthatch confirm though.

What can you mine with a single core 2.4GHz CPU anyway?

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @hosthatch Happy 10 anniversary!

• @sanvit said:

@dosai said:

@mcgree said:

@sanvit said:
    As per their ToS

Prohibited Usage

I won't be sure about this, as their regular plan actually gives you fully dedicated cores while the BF/Easter offer only provides shared cores with usage limitations. Would love to see @hosthatch confirm though.

What can you mine with a single core 2.4GHz CPU anyway?

if there are other public welfare projects need CPU resources can also contribute, mainly because there is some idle time every day.

• I think @mcgree wants to be "That Guy" from the rules of LET.

On a different note: thank you moderators for keeping this thread open a little bit longer.

In other news: Servarica (aff) also has added more Polar Bear offers this Easter. I do not know why @servarica_hani did not advertise it here. I also do not know if this is limited to only 2 or 3 per customer (as it was in Black Friday), or if existing customers are allowed to order more. New customers might like this though.

Thank you @hosthatch and @servarica_hani for bringing back Black Friday, on Easter.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2021

@sanvit said: What can you mine with a single core 2.4GHz CPU anyway?

Their VPSes seem to usually have either 2.8 GHz or 3.0GHz professors processors, but your point still stands. I'm not sure mining on a VPS would be worthwhile.

Put the CPU power towards something more useful. I'm running ArchiveTeam warrior (https://github.com/ArchiveTeam/warrior-dockerfile) on some of my idle VPSes to help with various internet archival efforts - pretty low CPU usage as it's mainly network-bound rather than CPU-bound (essentially just wgets sites and uploads them to an archive server). They have a web UI to select the project you're interested in.

• stdeynastdeyna Member
    edited April 2021

@Daniel15 said:

Their VPSes seem to usually have either 2.8 GHz or 3.0GHz professors, but your point still stands.

a PhD. servers, btw happy 10th anniversary to @hosthatch 🎊🎉

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited April 2021

@stdeyna said:

@Daniel15 said:

Their VPSes seem to usually have either 2.8 GHz or 3.0GHz professors, but your point still stands.

a PhD. servers, btw happy 10th anniversary to @hosthatch 🎊🎉

Process and Prophesize. Makes for a killer combo for servers.

Back to the discussion, @Daniel15 presents an interesting use of idle capacity indeed.

Nice side / personal projects in addition to dnstools . ws

• @Daniel15 said:

Their VPSes seem to usually have either 2.8 GHz or 3.0GHz professors, but your point still stands. I'm not sure mining on a VPS would be worthwhile.

Put the CPU power towards something more useful. I'm running ArchiveTeam warrior (https://wiki.archiveteam.org/index.php/Running_Archive_Team_Projects_with_Docker) on some of my idle VPSes to help with various internet archival efforts - pretty low CPU usage as it's mainly network-bound rather than CPU-bound (essentially just wgets sites and uploads them to an archive server)

Find a project that makes sense.

• dossrdossr Member
    edited April 2021

Happy birthday HostHatch!

• @Daniel15 said: I'm not sure mining on a VPS would be worthwhile.

i think CPU mining isn't worth at all

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @Daniel15 said:

Their VPSes seem to usually have either 2.8 GHz or 3.0GHz professors, but your point still stands. I'm not sure mining on a VPS would be worthwhile.

Put the CPU power towards something more useful. I'm running ArchiveTeam warrior (https://wiki.archiveteam.org/index.php/Running_Archive_Team_Projects_with_Docker) on some of my idle VPSes to help with various internet archival efforts - pretty low CPU usage as it's mainly network-bound rather than CPU-bound (essentially just wgets sites and uploads them to an archive server)

Thanks for sharing the project! I think I have a usage for my netcup server now :)

• Which location is best for India ?

Madrid ,/ Milan / Oslo

@vyas11

• @Deepak_leb said:
    Which location is best for India ?

Madrid ,/ Milan / Oslo

@vyas11

probably Milan

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited April 2021

@sanvit said:

@Hhhonlyfan said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

@Hhhonlyfan said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

It was a deal similar to this:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159969/netherland-vps-intel-xeon-e5-2670v2-02-dedicated-core-8gb-ram-50gb-ssd-7-00#latest

Only it had 4 "dedicated" cores, 16 GB RAM and 100 GB SSD storage - it was also located in the US instead of NL. It was on their BF deals page which is non-existent now. I was eyeing the $5/year with "dedicated" core but I was too slow to get it so I got this particular deal instead.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @Deepak_leb said:

Madrid ,/ Milan / Oslo

@vyas11

You might want to check their looking glass as well :)

https://hosthatch.com/features#datacenters

• @edoarudo5 said:

@sanvit said:

@Hhhonlyfan said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

@Hhhonlyfan said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@default said:

@Daniel15 said:

It was a deal similar to this:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159969/netherland-vps-intel-xeon-e5-2670v2-02-dedicated-core-8gb-ram-50gb-ssd-7-00#latest

Only it had 4 "dedicated" cores, 16 GB RAM and 100 GB SSD storage - it was also located in the US instead of NL. It was on their BF deals page which is non-existent now. I was eyeing the $5/year with "dedicated" core but I was too slow to get it so I got this particular deal instead.

Ah, so it was an old BF deal :) I thought they offered sth on this easter

• @Deepak_leb said:

Madrid ,/ Milan / Oslo

@vyas11

Hong Kong.

• @vyas11 said:

@Deepak_leb said:

Madrid ,/ Milan / Oslo

@vyas11

Hong Kong.