Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί $gme - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$gme

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@randvegeta said: I did not say that at all. I said they cannot buy.

You can buy. Go find someone who's selling. I personally have bought publicly-traded stock without an exchange or broker involved. Seller got the paper shares and signed them over to me in exchange for a check.

You're just mad because the convenience is gone and you can't do it instantly. You can't tap on app to make it happen. So what? You're not going to make money speculating on the stock market? Boo freakin' hoo.

@randvegeta said: You don't think it's improper that the stock gets halted on the exchange several times a day?

Nope. You can find some stock halted on any given day.

@jar said: That reminds me a lot of "just make your own social network."

Funny, I was on the other side when that conversation came up. But this is money, not free speech. Regulators want to maintain an orderly market.

Consider what happens when any speculative balloon pops. Buyers start leveraging other positions to get in on the action, then when the balloon pops they have to unwind all their positions to cover, and soon there is a general plunge in the market as a whole, solely because idiots chased a bubble.

The regulators want to knee-cap speculators? More power to them. Part of their mission and their responsibility.

@randvegeta said: I'm curious what @raindog308 has to say about this.

I say I have zero tears to cry for speculators.

I also said:

@raindog308 said: Personally, I've always endorsed the proposal that there should be a 100% tax on all stocks not held for a minimum of 1 year.

Thanked by 2jar bulbasaur
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@Jio said: And no, you can't just "find another broker" because it takes weeks to onboard and deposit.

But you bought long, so you're content to hold on to your precious GME shares because you feel it's a good investment...right?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • needsyneedsy Member
    edited January 2021

@raindog308 said: The regulators want to knee-cap speculators? More power to them. Part of their mission and their responsibility.

In this case the speculators are the hedge funds. They speculated that the stock price would go down, and they shorted it massively to profit from that speculation. The retail investors aren't speculating. They know for a fact they will be able to sell their shares, and do so at just about whatever price they dictate. They know this because of the short contracts the hedge funds made that will need to be covered.

If anyone should be stopped, it is the hedge funds.

Thanked by 1jar
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited January 2021

@needsy "at just about whatever price they dictate". This I have to see- why is it $197 from a 482 high then? What if all the hedge fund shorts, I dont know, used there brains, and covered their positions at a lower price to stop their bleeding? Now its just retail selling to retail with hedges waiting for the next crash to buy on the way down to cover their losses, even more.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @needsy "at just about whatever price they dictate". This I have to see- why is it $197 from a 482 high then? What if all the hedge fund shorts, I dont know, used there brains, and covered their positions at a lower price to stop their bleeding? Now its just retail selling to retail with hedges waiting for the next crash to buy on the way down to cover their losses, even more.

Under normal circumstances that would work, but in this case they bet so big that it isn't feasible for them to cover at a lower price. At least not without some back room dealings, which is exactly what appears to be happening with all the brokers stopping buying.

• but they can cover their options even with a thin float (they just dont cover at an optimal price) So by now its the retail against retail savagery with the smart money waiting. Plus the hedge funds have different brokers than the masses? Name one hedge fund that uses robinhood to place orders?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 if you shed no tears for retail speculation, then you should have no problem with the short sellers losing billions for THEIR speculative bet. Nor should you have a problem with the downfall of crappy online trading platforms like Robinhood. Everyone deserves what they get.

• @Unbelievable said: So by now its the retail against retail savagery with the smart money waiting.

Yes, once the shorts cover, it will be retail vs retail. At that point the price will plummet. The only question is how many retail buyers will still have shares instead of having sold them to the shorts (the hedge funds, in this case).

• 482-197 seems the plummet is on

• @Unbelievable said: Plus the hedge funds have different brokers than the masses?

Yes, that is why they benefit when retail can only sell. If retail can only sell, then the hedge funds, who can still buy, have fewer competitors so they can cover at a lower cost. Retail only being allowed to sell is market manipulation in favor of those who can still buy.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @Unbelievable said:
    482-197 seems the plummet is on

incorrect its back at $300 and its going to fucking skyrocket tomorrow

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @SirFoxy said: incorrect its back at $300 and its going to fucking skyrocket tomorrow

I hope that works out for you. Don't be the idiot left holding the bag.

• @needsy said:

@SirFoxy said: incorrect its back at $300 and its going to fucking skyrocket tomorrow

I hope that works out for you. Don't be the idiot left holding the bag.

even at the low today i would have still profited but im not fucking selling boys πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited January 2021

Man that Kool-Aid is some powerful stuff. Lets hope they process your sell order when you want to and it doesnt get caught in tsunami of all the retail closeouts.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Unbelievable said:
    Man that Kool-Aid is some powerful stuff

πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Unbelievable said:

πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸŒˆπŸ»πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

πŸ’Žβœ‹πŸΌ

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @corbpie said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Unbelievable said:

πŸ’Žβœ‹πŸΌ

to valhalla πŸ’Žβœ‹πŸΌπŸ’Žβœ‹πŸΌπŸ’Žβœ‹πŸΌπŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• You should all hope that GME does not issue a private stock offering to certain hedge funds, at whatever price they can negotiate, as a way to let the shorts cover. They would clean up, and it is not illegal.

Thanked by 1needsy
  • @FrankZ said:
    You should all hope that GME does not issue a private stock offering to certain hedge funds, at whatever price they can negotiate, as a way to let the shorts cover. They would clean up, and it is not illegal.

why would they do that when hedge funds were trying to bankrupt them

• The hedge funds were betting on them bankrupting themselves. they werent trying to bankrupt gamestop. Dr Burry actually convinced them with the help of others to buy back shares last year to prop up the stock price- the opposite of trying to bankrupt them

• gamestop is the hostdoc of wallstreet. the shares will go poof soon enough and noone will stay behind to clean up the mess

• @SirFoxy said: why would they do that when hedge funds were trying to bankrupt them

As we can see from this example, the stock price does not directly correlate to business operations. Short sellers should not be able to drive a company into bankruptcy if their operations are sound and their cash flow is positive. Issuing a stock offering at these prices would get the company a lot of cash. Not saying they are going to do it, but they might be smart to do so.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Reading these comments, it feels like a lot of amateurs are dealing. Popcorn is ready for the drama when things don't happen as expected (or as someone "professional" who shared his theory, expected) and y'all shouting boo again at the hedge fonds for being so mean and tricky.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Unbelievable said:
    The hedge funds were betting on them bankrupting themselves. they werent trying to bankrupt gamestop. Dr Burry actually convinced them with the help of others to buy back shares last year to prop up the stock price- the opposite of trying to bankrupt them

this is literally against gamestops best interest

• go see how much they bought back. It was in their best interest and they bought back a lot. reality

• @Unbelievable said:
    gamestop is the hostdoc of wallstreet. the shares will go poof soon enough and noone will stay behind to clean up the mess

its bigger than gamestop the valuation of gamestop alone is not the point of the squeeze

• its already retail against retail. The smart money covered their losses earlier in the week

• @Unbelievable said:
    go see how much they bought back. It was in their best interest and they bought back a lot. reality

there is literally still a 122% float

• @Unbelievable said:
    its already retail against retail. The smart money covered their losses earlier in the week

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ bro ur projecting u can still get in

• Sorry I live a different kind of life. Stock pumpers and BS Dumpers are not the kind of people I associate with. I stay away from the fast money crowd, because most are hucksters that are only into themselves