Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Slabs arrive in Luxembourg! Ryzen! Free Snapshots! Free routed /48, & IP load balancing oh my! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Slabs arrive in Luxembourg! Ryzen! Free Snapshots! Free routed /48, & IP load balancing oh my!

Comments

• @codelock said: Official discord @Francisco can verify

Thanks!
    I'll keep it on mind ;)

• JabJabJabJab Member

@plumberg said: Anyone can share discord invite?

https://buyvm.net/beware-the-moshbear/

• @JabJab said:

@plumberg said: Anyone can share discord invite?

https://buyvm.net/beware-the-moshbear/

Thank you.

• DevilDevil Member

Storage VPS 1-2TB?

Something like Time4VPS is offering on another thread except the obsolete software and not so good speed they have?

I’m looking for my seedbox which I use really infrequently and only top 5 private trackers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Devil said:
    Storage VPS 1-2TB?

Something like Time4VPS is offering on another thread except the obsolete software and not so good speed they have?

I’m looking for my seedbox which I use really infrequently and only top 5 private trackers.

We'll have more LUX slices & slabs soon :) Just clearing up some IP space.

Francisco

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2021

@jahrinc said:
    Fair share, but you can use 100mbps per 4 GB 24/7.

So the next plan 8GB would be 200mbps 24/7 usage.

50mbps for the 2 GB, 25 mbps on the 1GB (constant 24/7 usage).

You can burst to 1gbps no issues just not hammering the port 24x7.

Pretty funny BuyVM has "unmetered bandwidth" listed all over their website.

edited July 2021

@lowfront said: Pretty funny BuyVM has "unmetered bandwidth" listed all over their website.

Sure, and many people use more than the mentioned amounts :) The rules are loosely enforced, more so for extreme abuse (A 512MB pushing 500mbit/sec all day to google for instance).

We do our best to keep the ports roomy and to allow people to use as they need.

Francisco

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
    edited July 2021

https://imgur.com/a/0nhVpRO

So it's actually not unmetered? Why don't you change the wording to avoid wasting others time.

@lowfront said:
    https://imgur.com/a/0nhVpRO

So it's actually not unmetered? Why don't you change the wording to avoid wasting others time.

CPU caps are going to stop most people before they push any real amounts of BW.

Francisco

• Doesn't take much CPU to move data Francisco. Everyone on LET knows this.

• sonymegassonymegas Member
    edited July 2021

they use your site for seedbox use @Francisco thats why they push too much .. but is unmetered thats why they download/upload all the time.. one selling point is here

( I Hate BW Caps so bad )

• You couldn't even use this services as a VPN with the amount of bandwidth throttling BuyVM does. Really can't believe this host is so popular on here.

• @lowfront said: You couldn't even use this services as a VPN with the amount of bandwidth throttling BuyVM does. Really can't believe this host is so popular on here.

Been a customer for over 2 years, no issues. Can push 1gbps when I want, no caps at all or no issues when wanting to use the full 1gbps.

Thanked by 1skorous
    edited July 2021

@jahrinc said:
    Been a customer for over 2 years, no issues. Can push 1gbps when I want, no caps at all or no issues when wanting to use the full 1gbps.

I was only a customer for 3 days before I started to get throttled on NFS to 200kbps. I think Francisco was upset I wasn't using his slabs.

@lowfront said:

@jahrinc said:

I was only a customer for 3 days before I started to get throttled on NFS to 200kbps. I think Francisco was upset I wasn't using his slabs.

HOW DARE YOU :(

Francisco> @lowfront said:

Doesn't take much CPU to move data Francisco. Everyone on LET knows this.

Depends what you're using to push, but it's rare we find someone pushing 500mbit or something with a 12% CPU cap like a 512MB technically has.

It's very rare that I apply caps these days, especially with all the new bandwidth we've added. I intend to add at least 1 more 10gig in Vegas as well.

Francisco

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Francisco said:
    It's very rare that I apply caps these days, especially with all the new bandwidth we've added. I intend to add at least 1 more 10gig in Vegas as well.

So your confirming to everyone here that there is in fact a bandwidth limit. Thanks for being honest. I only lasted 3 days before I hit this "rare" limit.

@lowfront said:

@Francisco said:

So your confirming to everyone here that there is in fact a bandwidth limit. Thanks for being honest. I only lasted 3 days before I hit this "rare" limit.

I’ve not capped anyone in over a month and I don’t think anythony has either. In your stallion logs it’ll say something like “updated interfaces” if any cap was applied.

Francisco

• 100mbps per 4 GB 24/7.
    50mbps for 2 GB,
    25 mbps on the 1GB (constant 24/7 usage).

In this thread someone stated that you confirmed these throttle points on discord.
    This is FAR from being "unmetered" as every plan claims to be.

edited July 2021

@lowfront said:
    100mbps per 4 GB 24/7.
    50mbps for 2 GB,

In this thread someone stated that you confirmed these throttle points on discord.

OK you're only getting half the picture.

Every VPS, no matter the size, provisions at 1Gbit. No service is capped down to what you mentioned unless there's egregious abuse that justifies it.

The numbers you mentioned are 'safe minimums' for every plan, but most people run over that. I have 1GB plans running 100mbit/sec, things like that.

We've doubled our capacity in Luxembourg all the while only having another 4 - 5 nodes worth of stock left there. That's leaving 15 - 20gbit of spare capacity, depending on the time of day. An average node uses 200 - 300mbit, with a few spiking higher.

This leaves a LOT of spare capacity to allow people to run up as needed.

Can you get capped? Sure, go slap a gig/sec all day on a 512MB, you'll get capped basically anywhere.

I do my very best to get the best bandwidth deals I can and then pass all of that along. I have no doubt you'll be pressed to find deals better than ours :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@lowfront said:
    100mbps per 4 GB 24/7.
    50mbps for 2 GB,

OK you're only getting half the picture.

Every VPS, no matter the size, provisions at 1Gbit. No service is capped down to what you mentioned unless there's egregious abuse that justifies it.

The numbers you mentioned are 'safe minimums' for every plan, but most people run over that. I have 1GB plans running 100mbit/sec, things like that.

We've doubled our capacity in Luxembourg all the while only having another 4 - 5 nodes worth of stock left there. That's leaving 15 - 20gbit of spare capacity, depending on the time of day. An average node uses 200 - 300mbit, with a few spiking higher.

This leaves a LOT of spare capacity to allow people to run up as needed.

Can you get capped? Sure, go slap a gig/sec all day on a 512MB, you'll get capped basically anywhere.

I do my very best to get the best bandwidth deals I can and then pass all of that along. I have no doubt you'll be pressed to find deals better than ours :)

Francisco

is hard with 12% cpu to max the 1gbit .. with dedicated cores you can do it all day long i guess

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • DevilDevil Member

@Francisco said:
    We'll have more LUX slices & slabs soon :) Just clearing up some IP space.

Francisco

You mean storage VPS? I will keep checking the threads here in that case. Thanks!

• @lowfront said:

adjective: not measured or assessed by means of a meter.
    "unmetered data"

Unmetered != Unlimited. Unmetered clearly means that there is no per gig or overage charges irregardless of usage.

• @errhead said:
    "unmetered data"

Unmetered != Unlimited. Unmetered clearly means that there is no per gig or overage charges irregardless of usage.

Enjoy your 4 gigs a day at 100mbps

• @lowfront said:

@errhead said:
    "unmetered data"

Enjoy your 4 gigs a day at 100mbps

so the cpu is so limited that it is affecting the traffic back to our own computers, correct ?

edited July 2021

@starbetrayer said:
    so the cpu is so limited that it is affecting the traffic back to our own computers, correct ?

That is Francisco official response It sounds. Top Provider by the way.

Even though he has plans with dedicated CPU.

@Francisco said:

You may also just get capped too.

@Francisco said:
    Can you get capped? Sure

• contactwajeehcontactwajeeh Member
    edited July 2021

@lowfront said:

@starbetrayer said:

That is Francisco official response It sounds. Top Provider by the way.

Even though he has plans with dedicated CPU.

@Francisco said:
    Can you get capped? Sure

What he meant is if you trouble neighbours you get throttled....

So don't be that dick user who bashes the cpu / bw assuming he paid for a dedicated server for the $2 slice then he will get throttled to keep the service smooth for all users / neighbours not the other way around that you are referring to.

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
    edited July 2021

There is a major difference between his advertised "unmetered bandwith"
    compared to what is being said on this thread.

If members knew that we were only promised 4gigs of data a day at 100mpbs I doubt this provider would be so popular.

• @lowfront said:
    There is a major difference between his advertised "unmetered bandwith"
    compared to what is being said on this thread.

If members knew that we were only promised 4gigs of data a day at 100mpbs I doubt this provider would be so popular.

Where did you got that calculation of 4gb of data per day.....

Last 30 days - where as I have my service only from 17th June

https://ibb.co/K7XxP69

Last 24 hour usage....

https://ibb.co/W0ZxsTc

"")

You mean storage VPS? I will keep checking the threads here in that case. Thanks!

The storage plans are dead, what you'd get is a Slice and a Slab.

@lowfront said: If members knew that we were only promised 4gigs of data a day at 100mpbs I doubt this provider would be so popular.

Your math is off in...every way possible.

Francisco

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Francisco said:
    it's rare we find someone pushing 500mbit or something with a 12% CPU cap like a 512MB technically has.

With Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK), I can transmit at least 40Gbit with a physical core.
    That's on a dedicated server with Xeon Gold processor (hyperthreading disabled) and ConnectX-5 Ethernet adapter (MTU set to 9000).

DPDK is usable in KVM, and it can share the Ethernet adapter with kernel via AF_XDP.
    12% CPU for 500Mbps is 1/8 of the CPU and 1/80 bandwidth compared to my test, and it's certainly achievable.

For best efficiency, all packets have to be generated in memory, not read from disk and not encrypted.
    If all you want is a UDP server that responds to every packet with its ROT13, go ahead and build it.

Thanked by 1lowfront