Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)! - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)!

Comments

• edu50 if you have a .edu email address.
    or try this: ADD35
    15% off coupon always available when you chat with them on their home page.

• @webmasteroffers said: 15% off coupon always available when you chat with them on their home page.

using yearly YEARLY8G coupon still work, is it worth it?

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited January 2021

https://www.maxkvm.com/promotions/

All locations appear to be at Hivelocity, a good provider in my opinion.

• @webmasteroffers said:
    Hura, Singapore location is available now :)

Yep, I have migrated my PKVM-6G and PKVM-8G to Singapore
    yeaaboi

Thanked by 2malikshi MaxKVM
  • Pricing for Singapore looks awesome :) Congratulations @MaxKVM :)

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • @indiankesh said:
    Pricing for Singapore looks awesome :) Congratulations @MaxKVM :)

pricing for sg is no difference than that for lax, ny, or ams.

When will MaxKVM release storage plans if any? The internal ip can be of huge advantage.

• indiankeshindiankesh Member
    edited January 2021

@aRNoLD said:

@indiankesh said:
    Pricing for Singapore looks awesome :) Congratulations @MaxKVM :)

pricing for sg is no difference than that for lax, ny, or ams.

When will MaxKVM release storage plans if any? The internal ip can be of huge advantage.

Yes but considering limited number of options/providers offering SG location and factors such as expensive bandwidth etc the price is not different and great as other locations.

• Finally, migrated to SG. So far so good :+1:

• no more sg loc, right?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My LUMPOFCOAL is in Amsterdam and I'll let it stay there. It's my last KVM in Europe.
    At the moment, it's only utilized less than 5%, aka 95% idle.

As for Asia, I have Oracle Cloud Tokyo - slower than a snail.

• I have signup and pay but did not receive any reply from this vendor. I also log a ticket but did not hear any respond either. Any other way to follow up with them?

• @ktyong said:
    I have signup and pay but did not receive any reply from this vendor. I also log a ticket but did not hear any respond either. Any other way to follow up with them?

Usually, MaxKVM Replied within 24hours or earlier,
    Just wait for your ticket to be handled soon

• @ktyong said:
    I have signup and pay but did not receive any reply from this vendor. I also log a ticket but did not hear any respond either. Any other way to follow up with them?

Not sure if you have already seen (probably not), but there was a response to your ticket 6 minutes after you posted it.

Please make sure to use your edu email if you are going to attempt to use our discount program designed for students and education professionals with edu emails. If you do not have an edu email and are a student or work in education then please communicate with us.

Thank you.

• Hey @MaxKVM, will Singapore make a comeback soon? Somehow I missed it this time.

• @pullangcubo said:
    Hey @MaxKVM, will Singapore make a comeback soon? Somehow I missed it this time.

Yes, soon. New hardware is still on the way.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @MaxKVM said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Hey @MaxKVM, will Singapore make a comeback soon? Somehow I missed it this time.

Yes, soon. New hardware is still on the way.

Please bring back the 4vCPU / 4GB RAM offering, if possible.

• I have the PKVM-8G since July, idling, but would like to do some ffmpeg encodes for a little while, would be good to know the CPU limits.. 50% of one core? 50% of 4 cores?

Thanks!

• @Adam1 said:
    I have the PKVM-8G since July, idling, but would like to do some ffmpeg encodes for a little while, would be good to know the CPU limits.. 50% of one core? 50% of 4 cores?

Thanks!

for a little while, that depends on how you define the term. My best guess is that you can freely do that if the while last no longer than 15 minutes (you do have 4 cores right?). You may consult MaxSupport.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2021

@aRNoLD said: for a little while,

probably around 24-36 hours judging by the performance

@aRNoLD said: (you do have 4 cores right?)

yes, 4 cores, 8GB

• @Adam1 said:

yes, 4 cores, 8GB

I think they maxkvm mentioned you can run sustained 33%. You will have to ask them about 50% or more

• @Adam1 said:

yes, 4 cores, 8GB

one to plus half day, well, guess maxsupport will push you to another level of config/plan

• @aRNoLD said:

one to plus half day, well, guess maxsupport will push you to another level of config/plan

if I use 400%, yes, but there must be a limit that one can use, sustained. 33% was suggested by another user, which maxkvm scoffed at, suggesting the limit is higher, I would just like to know what I should cpulimit ffmpeg to, and then I can judge wether the VPS is suitable for the task. Afterall, I have paid for some cpu power, i just want to know how much.

• @Adam1 said:

@aRNoLD said:

if I use 400%, yes, but there must be a limit that one can use, sustained. 33% was suggested by another user, which maxkvm scoffed at, suggesting the limit is higher, I would just like to know what I should cpulimit ffmpeg to, and then I can judge wether the VPS is suitable for the task. Afterall, I have paid for some cpu power, i just want to know how much.

Please consider using the resources of appropriate service designed for high/dedicated CPU and/or ffmpeg transcoding rather than trying to force this usage out of the “Low End” box with fair-share CPU that you purchased at a heavy discount during an end of year promotion.

Thanked by 2DianTama DP
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Adam1 said:
    I have the PKVM-8G since July, idling, but would like to do some ffmpeg encodes for a little while, would be good to know the CPU limits.. 50% of one core? 50% of 4 cores?

33% of all cores. You can enforce using Docker.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3188861#Comment_3188861

I have only 1 core. Running it at 33% is not much faster than EUserv VS2-free.

@Adam1 said:
    33% was suggested by another user, which maxkvm scoffed at, suggesting the limit is higher, I would just like to know what I should cpulimit ffmpeg to, and then I can judge wether the VPS is suitable for the task. Afterall, I have paid for some cpu power, i just want to know how much.

33% is the Virmach limit. Virmach would not enforce high CPU suspension if the usage is less than 33%. Actual limit is higher, but Virmach would not publish the actual limit because everyone would start mining coins at the actual limit.

MaxKVM agreed to 33% because they don't want to be rated worse than Virmach.

@MaxKVM said:
    Please consider using the resources of appropriate service designed for high/dedicated CPU and/or ffmpeg transcoding rather than trying to force this usage out of the “Low End” box with fair-share CPU that you purchased at a heavy discount during an end of year promotion.

It doesn't make sense to have dedicated CPU on a monthly basis if we only encode one video per month.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2021

@MaxKVM said: Please consider using the resources of appropriate service designed for high/dedicated CPU and/or ffmpeg transcoding rather than trying to force this usage out of the “Low End” box with fair-share CPU that you purchased at a heavy discount during an end of year promotion.

I purchased a 4 core "Performance KVM VPS Cloud" - which you price at $25... more than I pay for my kimsufi dedi...

if you're going to penalise for accepting your discount, then you should have just offered a discounted product with discounted resources... ?

But anyway, im not asking for 400% CPU usage, I just want to know what I can use.

From your last reply, it seems you're not ok with processes that use the cpu for a length of time... so what is this "performance" kvm for exactly?

p.s. im not trying to be difficult, it's just your ToS/AUP is very vague and I dont want to wake up to a terminated VPS or some other BS, despite actively trying to keep my usage within unknown but acceptable levels.

Thanked by 3yoursunny sibaper ferri
  • @Adam1 said:

@MaxKVM said: Please consider using the resources of appropriate service designed for high/dedicated CPU and/or ffmpeg transcoding rather than trying to force this usage out of the “Low End” box with fair-share CPU that you purchased at a heavy discount during an end of year promotion.

I purchased a 4 core "Performance KVM VPS Cloud" - which you price at $25... more than I pay for my kimsufi dedi...

Please post the yabs or other benchmark for your kimsufi so we can compare the performance/price at the regular and discounted prices for your SKVM-4G-4CPU.

if you're going to penalise for accepting your discount, then you should have just offered a discounted product with discounted resources... ?

Why do you feel you are being penalized?

But anyway, im not asking for 400% CPU usage, I just want to know what I can use.

This question has been asked many times before in this thread.

From your last reply, it seems you're not ok with processes that use the cpu for a length of time... so what is this "performance" kvm for exactly?

And it appears you have already seen the response(s). These machines are very quick and you probably understand these systems can be "performance" without explicitly permitting sustained usage at a certain CPU usage %.

p.s. im not trying to be difficult, it's just your ToS/AUP is very vague and I dont want to wake up to a terminated VPS or some other BS, despite actively trying to keep my usage within unknown but acceptable levels.

You will not "wake up to a terminated VPS or some other BS" but if you ever feel like you woke up to "BS" then please open a ticket and/or share the issue here so we can resolve the matter.

• @MaxKVM said:
    Please post the yabs or other benchmark for your kimsufi so we can compare the performance/price at the regular and discounted prices for your SKVM-4G-4CPU.

it's 8G, anyway, yabs? I dont do benchmarks, im not interested in that. I dont actually care how long ffmpeg takes, i just want to be able to use it. It's why I bougth it back in July "oh fast cpu's that'll be handy".... anyway, vs kimsufi, ok, the point im making is i can use the cpu 100% x cores, all day long as long as i want. the issue isnt the CPU power!

Why do you feel you are being penalized?

because you felt the need to mention that my kvm is priced at a discount. Kimsufi do discounts too... but you still get a dedi and everything else without prejudice because you got a discount.

This question has been asked many times before in this thread.

yeah and you've still not clarified! please do! it'll be good for you and good for your customers. I can predict the future when your nodes are oversold ;)

And it appears you have already seen the response(s). These machines are very quick and you probably understand these systems can be "performance" without explicitly permitting sustained usage at a certain CPU usage %.

ermmm... no, i literally bought and paid for it thinking it was a KVM with a decent cpu x4...

You will not "wake up to a terminated VPS or some other BS" but if you ever feel like you woke up to "BS" then please open a ticket and/or share the issue here so we can resolve the matter.

well that's something, but i'd rather just know the limits and work within them.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Adam1 said: well that's something, but i'd rather just know the limits and work within them.

There is no specific limit. Please open a support ticket for any additional questions. Thanks.

• I do not see any link to order Singapore KVM. Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

• edited February 2021

@yakblack said:
    I do not see any link to order Singapore KVM. Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

It's available for few hours only, out of stock now. Seem, they are not ready for many orders at Singapore location. I don't know why.