Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)! - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)!

Comments

• edited January 2021

Still waiting the Singapore data center to move the VPS

• edited January 2021

@webmasteroffers said:
    Still waiting the Singapore data center to move the VPS to. Same location at New York but the network speed and Disk i/o is not good, compare to Hosthatch

WTF.. this performance is already pretty good..

• @webmasteroffers said: Still waiting the Singapore data center to move the VPS to. Same location at New York but the network speed and Disk i/o is not good, compare to Hosthatch

You are comparing 1 Gbps port to 10 Gbps port. The i/o is not "perfect" but good enough. Also, you forgot to mention your cpu here is faster and you have more storage for an amazing price (and it literally is a steal the moment you migrate to SG).

Both the deals you got with maxkvm and hosthatch were amazing. Your comment isn't very constructive. Also, since your use case is probably wordpress, I bet you can't feel any difference even if you get only a tenth of the iops/network.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@webmasteroffers said:
    Still waiting the Singapore data center to move the VPS to. Same location at New York but the network speed and Disk i/o is not good, compare to Hosthatch

You shouldn't even be comparing with another providers in the offer threads of one provider. To be honest it is very hard to see competitors at this price point yet you are just looking at those numbers.

I don't think you can even notice the differences when you running in production for anything over 1GB/s of IO. I hope more and more people understand number isn't everything.

Also, why are you not posting the performance test? From my understanding MaxKVM's CPU performance should be better than HH. Either way, I agree with others that your comment above is not useful.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Save the results to a file, edit the values/numbers where you feel should have been better and you'll never been disappointed ever again.

Thanked by 3MaxKVM Ganonk bulbasaur
  • edited January 2021

Sorry, I should not post the compare like that (post edited).

Yeah, the CPU of MaxKVM is really good.

It seems I give too much attention to the Yabs parameters.

• @webmasteroffers said:
    Sorry, I should not post the compare like that (post edited).

Yeah, the CPU of MaxKVM is really good.

It seems I give too much attention to the Yabs parameters.

Please open a ticket with any performance concerns so we know what to upgrade next. :)

Thanked by 2hotsnow Asim
  • GanonkGanonk Member
    edited January 2021

@webmasteroffers said:

(deleted)

• https://manage.maxkvm.com/clientarea.php
    clicking control panel btn will not bring client directly to the control panel, but to the login page. guess there is a way of handling this.

• Am I too late for Singapore KVM promotion?

• @yakblack said:
    Am I too late for Singapore KVM promotion?

Singapore is not available yet, next 2-4 weeks. I hope they will have it in this month

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2021

the network between CN(ChinaUnicom) and SG become super bad in the last few days, super slow, high latency and packet loss :s

• @hotsnow said:
    the network between CN(ChinaUnicom) and SG become super bad in the last few days, super slow, high latency and packet loss :s

This could be the cause or result of work already being done on the SG network. Please open a ticket if the issue continues.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2021

@MaxKVM said:

@hotsnow said:

This could be the cause or result of work already being done on the SG network. Please open a ticket if the issue continues.

@aRNoLD > @hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:
    tried lg in SG at URL http://lg.sin.maxkvm.net/

seems that traceroute not China fav. hotsnow has two boxes in SG. I had a plan to migrate when slots are available, but after testing the traceroute & ping, I may stay at where I am. US datacenter is much more acceptable than SG datacenter, at least from stats.

For ChinaUnicom to MaxKVM, the route of LAX & NYC use He.NET, the He.NET is extremly terrible, the DFW also too slow (GTT), although the route to SG is: China->US->JP->HK->SG, but the wget speed can always be 10+MB/s, it's already better than most of CN-US direct route B)

I have just made some tests, wget from lax/dfw/nyc < 30KB/s, ams sometimes can reach 10MB/s but not stable, the SG now is 14MB/s

the ping & traceroute are important, but not all, although many vps with low ping and direct route, but the download speed is terrible.

seems the SG network from China much worse than before, now the wget only 50KB/s max, but it's > 10MB/s at before.

• @MaxKVM

Hi. Thanks for the flash deal earlier on. I must say that the spec is very nice and with the price after applying the promo code, it is very nice.

However, I just have too many boxes and don't have use and time to manage them. May I ask if I can leave it for free with anyone who wants to have this but missed the promo? Otherwise, I will just let it expire.

• Spec?

@swat4 said:
    @MaxKVM

Hi. Thanks for the flash deal earlier on. I must say that the spec is very nice and with the price after applying the promo code, it is very nice.

However, I just have too many boxes and don't have use and time to manage them. May I ask if I can leave it for free with anyone who wants to have this but missed the promo? Otherwise, I will just let it expire.

• @MaxKVM, you said the Singapore location will be available before Jan 31. Today is Jan 21 and I hope it will available soon. Still not use the VPS purchased and waiting to move it to Singapore. Cause, I already have a VPS at NY from an other HP.

• @swat4 said:
    @MaxKVM

DM me too for spec please.

• @Fritz said:

@swat4 said:
    @MaxKVM

DM me too for spec please.

Me too

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited January 2021

:'( please don't DM - I had enough for the previous Racknerd recycle

I wont be needing this one after 1/31 so it is open to everyone if the provider allows:

$2.4 per month - 1CPU - 2GB RAM - 50GB NVMe SSD - 2TB Transfer

Singapore

@swat4 said:
    :'( please don't DM - I had enough for the previous Racknerd recycle

I wont be needing this one after 1/31 so it is open to everyone if the provider allows:

$2.4 per month - 1CPU - 2GB RAM - 50GB NVMe SSD - 2TB Transfer

Should include location details :)

• @thedp said:

@swat4 said:

@thedp said:

I'll take it if @MaxKVM allows.

• @thedp said:

I'll take it if @MaxKVM allows.

:# Fast hand!

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited January 2021

@thedp said: I'll take it if @MaxKVM allows.

If MaxKVM allows transfer ill also drop my $7.00 USD/m 4G-4CPU ( Singapore ) & $6.30 USD SKVM-6G ( Amsterdam ) up for transfer. But wait until my SKVM-8G is migrated to singapore.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2021

Before everyone gets too excited about transfers, it was already covered...

@MaxKVM said:

@toumi111 said:
    @MaxKVM do you allow VPS transfer

Transfers are not permitted. :)

@FrankZ said:

@MaxKVM said:

@toumi111 said:

Gotcha.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @FrankZ said:

@MaxKVM said:

@toumi111 said:

DianTama almost owned all the valuable boxes of MaxKVM promo series.

I deeply envy him.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Hura, Singapore location is available now :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @webmasteroffers said:
    Hura, Singapore location is available now :)

Any coupon available to use?