Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 96
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @VirMach @AlwaysSkint
    I've been here on this forum for years, every year there are trolls, just ignore ...

Thanked by 1merlinvn
  • @brueggus said:

@VirMach said: 95% of services were provisioned within a few hours.

100% of my services were provisioned within few minutes.

Same here :blush:

• @kmm996 said: Yes, my puppy lost a hot dog because of this

feed your puppy a hot pussy

• @yoursunny said:
    Find an embedded system developer, pay 269 hours of consulting fee (approximately $6968, plus the $1 you spent for the server), and you can get it done quick.
    Good luck!

I'm curious where you live where system administrators make minimum wage and embedded system developers (contractor to boot!) only make $26/hr.

• @kmm996 said:

@ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    @VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

Why you bought 16MB ram in the first place?

LIMITED OFFER
    $1.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Order this if you are a bot
    RAM 16MB RAM
    CPU 8 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

on sale for a few minutes,so I placed an order

You should be banned from Virmach services. In the future, @Virmach should be more explicit in the offer, like "Breakup package: purchasing this will get your account closed with no refunds".

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:
    Find an embedded system developer, pay 269 hours of consulting fee (approximately $6968, plus the $1 you spent for the server), and you can get it done quick.
    Good luck!

I'm curious where you live where system administrators make minimum wage and embedded system developers (contractor to boot!) only make $26/hr.

I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I don't work in corporate so I don't know prices.

Computer stuff can be outsourced to India. I hear labor is cheap over there.

• @yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:
    Good luck!

I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I don't work in corporate so I don't know prices.

Well, they're higher. And given the defense contractors in Maryland, I'd say way higher.

Computer stuff can be outsourced to India. I hear labor is cheap over there.

Can be for unskilled labour, in scale to reduce the middle man overhead. 6-7 Years ago in Canada, I was approached by a local Vancouver company that said I could save by moving QA to India. I was getting local, Canadian applicants for $42k/year Canadian that had college degrees and masters from Chinese Electrical engineering universities.

The Indian price was $60k/year per person plus two weeks paid training plus some sick days and 3 weeks paid annual vacation (in Canada, we start at 2 weeks a year at the bottom). That might work in Silicon Valley, but not Vancouver.

Meanwhile, we could get a team of 5 Chinese programmers (in China, poor or little English) for $5k USD total per month. English, apparently was quite the premium.

• @VirMach said: 95% of services were provisioned within a few hours. If you're looking at just who is complaining the loudest, you're forgetting we sold to thousands and thousands of people.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the 5%.

How long would it take to cover the rest 5%? I mean those tickets in "Awaiting technical review" status among the 5%.

• non-working vm provision counts in 95% or 5%?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@tenpera said:
    non-working vm provision counts in 95% or 5%?

We're at about 2% but the last 2% is difficult to fix. We may have to cancel/refund them but I'm trying to avoid that.

• @VirMach said:

@tenpera said:

We're at about 2% but the last 2% is difficult to fix. We may have to cancel/refund them but I'm trying to avoid that.

Does difficult to fix mean really that you don't have the capacity at the rate you charged and can't get additional capacity at a profitable rate- so you are going to refund it? Sounds likeyou sold something you didn't have

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @VirMach change the location and provision right one. Ticket #244199 sitting there too long.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Just to update as I forgot, I got a refund of both failed orders.

@Unbelievable said:

@VirMach said:

@tenpera said:

Does difficult to fix mean really that you don't have the capacity at the rate you charged and can't get additional capacity at a profitable rate- so you are going to refund it? Sounds likeyou sold something you didn't have

It means the automated script is throwing unknown errors and we'd have to debug the code to see why in these cases it's causing that issue with the SolusVM module + WHMCS.

• @Unbelievable said:

@VirMach said:

@tenpera said:

It sounded like a technical problem, hence the word "difficult to fix". Adding capacity is not difficult, just takes hardware and probably a PO to Colocrossing. The easiest solution would be "wait", so no, it doesn't make sense what you're asking.

That said, if you follow the flash deals, they'll put a specific quantity on special and due to insufficient server horsepower or simultaneous orders, they'll get more orders than was supposed to be sold.

• @cherbim said: means if you want to get the order, please waiting, or you will be refund! wow, great virmach!

This is not the machine of this year.

• @codydoby said:

@cherbim said: means if you want to get the order, please waiting, or you will be refund! wow, great virmach!

This is not the machine of this year.

wait 20d still not actived

• Please check this Ticket #235595 service disabled since more than 20 days

• DavidAtInfraveoCloudDavidAtInfraveoCloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2020

Can I know More? @VirMach

• I also wish to know about more.

• @randomq said:
    I also wish to know about more.

He means "know" in the Biblical sense

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited December 2020

Can we have another flash deal please? @VirMach

This sounds fun.

• It's almost a month now and my BF deal isn't given and no answer to ticket #137057
    Invoice paid but no VPS.

edited December 2020

@TimboJones said: That said, if you follow the flash deals, they'll put a specific quantity on special and due to insufficient server horsepower or simultaneous orders, they'll get more orders than was supposed to be sold.

When this happens we can spill it over to another server. That's not the issue, and we do not have a lack of space. The issue is definitely related to code, and we have to find out what broke it. Most likely due to WHMCS/SVM module update. It's really strange.

@Evanescent said: It's almost a month now and my BF deal isn't given and no answer to ticket #137057
    Invoice paid but no VPS.

I can refund you to store credit since you paid with Crypto. Or you can close your ticket because it's not necessary to process your order, it's just stuck and we'll provision it as we can normally. It's part of the last 2%~ of orders left.

• @randomq said: dogecoin

Please check this Invoice #1144088
    This vps still pending and not actived since more than 13 days
    @VirMach

@jinwyp said:

@randomq said: dogecoin

Please check this Invoice #1144088
    This vps still pending and not actived since more than 13 days
    @VirMach

This has been cancelled and refunded. That's all we can/will do if someone brings up ticket IDs, creates tickets, or mentions invoices, etc. We're still working on activating these as we can but we can't go back and forth communicating updates at the same time unfortunately.

@Fritz said: Can we have another flash deal please? @VirMach

This sounds fun.

Falling behind again due to unexpected outages we have to clear out and emergency migrations now. Maybe.

• @VirMach I've already given ticket #244199 above, if I'm in 2%, any rough possibility to provision to other location? Don't want refund. I want to have it before new year begins.

• @tenpera said: any rough possibility to provision to other location?

You're 'aving a giraffe!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach I've already given ticket #244199 above, if I'm in 2%, any rough possibility to provision to other location? Don't want refund. I want to have it before new year begins.

You will be refunded. Use that money to buy another box from an instant activation provider.

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach There is bug for the contol pannel of one 2019 BF server. Should not I create one titicket for this? What should I do after receiving one 15 USD invoice? (Ticket #446953)

No more time to reinstall

Cannot access the solusvm

15 USD invoice