Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 95
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@brueggus said:

@VirMach said: 95% of services were provisioned within a few hours.

100% of my services were provisioned within few minutes.

My $8.88 was provisioned after 2 days, because I placed the order over IPv6 (Cloudflare defaults to IPv6) and system thinks Tunnel Broker is VPN.
    The only way for me to use IPv4 is, in fact, through a VPN: I have OpenConnect VPN on the home router, and the tablet would be IPv4-only when connected to this VPN.
    System opened a ticket, not me.
    My account is 2 years old so pre-sales approved the order.

Once delivered, the server idled for 2 weeks (in fact, powered off, so that it can't get hacked) before I started to setup.
    I still haven't decided what to deploy on this server.
    I'm feeling overwhelmed for having 9 servers around the world, including 2 Virmaches.

Time for pullups.ndn.today?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@lokuzard said:

@yoursunny said:

@brueggus said:

@VirMach said: 95% of services were provisioned within a few hours.

100% of my services were provisioned within few minutes.

My $8.88 was provisioned after 2 days, because I placed the order over IPv6 (Cloudflare defaults to IPv6) and system thinks Tunnel Broker is VPN.
    The only way for me to use IPv4 is, in fact, through a VPN: I have OpenConnect VPN on the home router, and the tablet would be IPv4-only when connected to this VPN.
    System opened a ticket, not me.
    My account is 2 years old so pre-sales approved the order.

Once delivered, the server idled for 2 weeks (in fact, powered off, so that it can't get hacked) before I started to setup.
    I still haven't decided what to deploy on this server.
    I'm feeling overwhelmed for having 9 servers around the world, including 2 Virmaches.

Time for pullups.ndn.today?

If you look carefully, the video sites are all built in GitHub Actions. Source code here:

Encoding needs unrestricted CPU, which is not allowed in Virmaches.
    Repository server is using the BF2017 $4 Buffalo, and it's nowhere near full.

The major obstacle, however, is that I don't have a pull-up bar.
    If you want to share your pull-ups, I can setup the site.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@kmm996 said:
    VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

• @kmm996 said:
    @VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

Just turn all of the harddrive into swap space.

• @kmm996 said:
    @VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

Why you bought 16MB ram in the first place?

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @cablepick said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

Just turn all of the harddrive into swap space.

how to do?I can't enter system now

• @ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

LIMITED OFFER
    $1.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Order this if you are a bot
    RAM 16MB RAM
    CPU 8 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

on sale for a few minutes,so I placed an order

• @FAT32 said:

@kmm996 said:
    VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

Why I cannot run any system?

• @ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

Exactly. That is intended as a bot trap. No person should be stupid enough to buy it.

• @kmm996 said:

@ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

LIMITED OFFER
    $1.00 /yr
    RAM 16MB RAM
    CPU 8 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Theres note on the right ==> Order this if you are a bot

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

@kmm996 said: @VirMach Can I apply for more RAM? 16MB cannot run any system.(I have try centos5/debian6/ubuntu12/alpine)
    Invoice #1141722

You might try KoloriusOS, or DOS, or maybe slackware 1.01
    EDIT: One more to try uhuru-421 although I don't know if VirMach VM support 16 bit O/S :innocent:

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@ferri said:

@kmm996 said:

@ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

LIMITED OFFER
    $1.00 /yr
    RAM 16MB RAM
    CPU 8 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Theres note on the right ==> Order this if you are a bot

So much drama over a dollar.
    Alpine linux with swap ?

@kmm996 look up Tinycore linux also. If it works, you got something to do with it, if not; you get an ipv4 address for a dolla

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

"Linux will run happily with only 8 MB of RAM, including all of the trolls such as Windows XP, Vim, push-ups, and so on".

The keyword here is Linux, not Linux distribution. Most distributions are not designed for less than 128MB memory, but the Linux kernel itself and a limited userspace based on busybox can run in very small amount of memory.
    In fact, OpenWRT based home router, versions older than 5 years, can run in such systems.

As to how to install into the KVM box: netboot.xyz is unlikely to work. However, you can build a custom installer image, and load it through iPXE.

Find an embedded system developer, pay 269 hours of consulting fee (approximately $6968, plus the $1 you spent for the server), and you can get it done quick.
    Good luck!

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • UnicomUnicom Member
    edited December 2020

@kmm996 said:

Invoice #1141722

Мy first computer had 640kb RAM and it worked fine with DOS. Then I bought a new computer for $ 1200, with 16MB RAM and was running Windows 95 perfectly. You only spent $1 and I think you have a chance

• I get it; @kmm996 is a troll. I'd say "surely there's nobody that stupid" but experience tells me they're are. >:)

• Install mikrotik :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • I placed order on 6th Dec., the service is still not available :'(

• @yoursunny said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

"Linux will run happily with only 8 MB of RAM, including all of the trolls such as Windows XP, Vim, push-ups, and so on".

The keyword here is Linux, not Linux distribution. Most distributions are not designed for less than 128MB memory, but the Linux kernel itself and a limited userspace based on busybox can run in very small amount of memory.
    In fact, OpenWRT based home router, versions older than 5 years, can run in such systems.

As to how to install into the KVM box: netboot.xyz is unlikely to work. However, you can build a custom installer image, and load it through iPXE.

Find an embedded system developer, pay 269 hours of consulting fee (approximately $6968, plus the $1 you spent for the server), and you can get it done quick.
    Good luck!

openwrt is not run
    image.png

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited December 2020

@kmm996 Are you a bot ? Did you get it from reseller ? I thought these plan was never delivered and account just banned.

Edit : But according to the fee schedule, RAM addition is $3.00 per one (1) GB per month, plus a 5$ single time fee for upgrade process. Not sure if you can do that on special plan thought. You may want to upgrade BW too at $5.00 per one (1) TB per month.

• @ben47955 said:
    @kmm996 Are you a bot ? Did you get it from reseller ? I thought these plan was never delivered and account just banned.

Edit : But according to the fee schedule, RAM addition is $3.00 per one (1) GB per month, plus a 5$ single time fee for upgrade process. Not sure if you can do that on special plan thought. You may want to upgrade BW too at $5.00 per one (1) TB per month.

It is activated it after by ticket, I think it means that the merchant allows the discount package
    $3.00 a month? It's not worth

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said:

Would make for an interesting combination. Bot paying 100 dollars for upgrading 1 dollar a year vps

@kmm996 said:

@yoursunny said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

Good luck!

openwrt is not run
    image.png

What version of OpenWRT are you using?
    Try 14.07 and 15.05. Later versions will not work.
    You also need to compile all the packages you need into the image. opkg will not work.

Thanked by 1RecD
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:

@kmm996 said:

@yoursunny said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

Good luck!

openwrt is not run
    image.png

What version of OpenWRT are you using?
    Try 14.07 and 15.05. Later versions will not work.
    You also need to compile all the packages you need into the image. opkg will not work.

Does OpenWRT come with an DHCP server enabled by default? This could become great fun!

• @kmm996 said:

@ferri said:

@kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

LIMITED OFFER
    $1.00 /yr
    RAM 16MB RAM
    CPU 8 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

You reap what you sow. No one can help you.

On the bright side, it's only $1 / year, so you shouldn't need to go hungry.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint ariq01
  • At least he paid 1$ for that, not like me paying 10 bucks for 128 MB RAM/1cpu/5GB SSD :-D.

Thanked by 2FrankZ dTQzBen8
  • @angstrom said: On the bright side, it's only $1 / year, so you shouldn't need to go hungry.

It was his only dollar that he made from uranium mines. Now his family will starve for a year

Thanked by 1randomq
  • @Unicom said:

@angstrom said: On the bright side, it's only $1 / year, so you shouldn't need to go hungry.

It was his only dollar that he made from uranium mines. Now his family will starve for a year

@Unicom said:

@angstrom said: On the bright side, it's only $1 / year, so you shouldn't need to go hungry.

Yes, my puppy lost a hot dog because of this.
    It's a pity that you don't have a hot dogs either.

• @kmm996 said:
    Invoice #1141722

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

You should compile a kernel without all options. That will be work. :lol:

Thanked by 1yoursunny