Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• fanfan Veteran

@VirMach said: Make sure you get that linked back up or it may be removed if it doesn't have a WHMCS/billing counterpart.

No problem, I'll wait you guys sort the WHMCS bugs and properly deliver the VM. Anyways it'll be most likely idling in the foreseeable future. :wink:

• @VirMach said:

@moni099878 said:
    @VirMach The ten-hour 502 error made me lose the opportunity to pay. Is that possible to open a ticket and request to reopen the invoice?

So you already have an invoice that got canceled? If so, do not make a new ticket but reply to the already-generated ticket. If there's not one already generated then it's not possible.

Hi, my order was approved in ticket #940701 but the invoice was canceled. I want to reply to this ticket but it tells my that I can't reply to a closed ticket and I need to open a new ticket for it. But the website is so slow that I can hardly open a new ticket. Could you please help reactivate the order? The ticket is #940701 and order is #470680 and invoice is #1124737. Thanks!!!

• fanfan Veteran

@derekyang said: Do you already had a SolusVM account? i even did not received any email for the account setup

>

Neither for me, and it shows "Virtual server not found" in the billing area, but the link to SolusVM there worked for me.

But I think you should listen to @VirMach , just wait a few more days.

• @fan said:

@derekyang said: Do you already had a SolusVM account? i even did not received any email for the account setup

>

Neither for me, and it shows "Virtual server not found" in the billing area, but the link to SolusVM there worked for me.

But I think you should listen to @VirMach , just wait a few more days.

Lucky you , i only having a paid invoice but can't login to billing console to check if any. indeed just given time and wait for few days, thanks

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@sunnwmy said: Hi, my order was approved in ticket #940701 but the invoice was canceled. I want to reply to this ticket but it tells my that I can't reply to a closed ticket and I need to open a new ticket for it. But the website is so slow that I can hardly open a new ticket. Could you please help reactivate the order? The ticket is #940701 and order is #470680 and invoice is #1124737. Thanks!!!

If it was set back to pending but it cancelled by the time you paid, then you need to have a payment method on file or store credit and reply and let us know we can immediately bill you. No other way to do it.

@fan said: Neither for me, and it shows "Virtual server not found" in the billing area, but the link to SolusVM there worked for me.

Probably a bug with the vserverid not inserting.

Thanked by 1fan
  • Website either 502 or under maintenance...

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@VirMach said:

@Intelpentium0 said: I wonder how Racknerd managed all those traffic! His billing portal is much more stable. @VirMach , please take a word from @dustinc

I guess the first trick would be for us to start selling SSD-cached plans for a higher price than we have it listed on our special offers page. Then, we could take out the flash sale and we'd be done.

@Intelpentium0 to be fair we had our fair share of challenges as well. Our site was being hammered, had database connection issues, and some of those interested lost opportunities to certain flash sales due to it. Because by the time they refreshed and were able to access themselves, others had already bought since they had access. We tweaked our configuration many times, scaled resources several times, and at last upgraded to DUAL AMD EPYC 7601 with 56 allocated cores, with 256GB RAM. Though knowing we wouldn't need this amount of RAM we still had access to it. Despite these upgrades, our site was slightly slow. But we were able to manage.

In my opinion, I believe it may be the way Virmach does their flash sales (whereby users are hammering the site consistently since I believe their flash sale never ends, instead a new one is rotated/timed?

We were able to perform flash sales, manually, and do giveaways in between. etc. And while I know this can be frustrating for end users, these are good problems to have for providers. I believe all providers who receive this amount of traffic learn from it and adjust. We surely did.

Lastly @VirMach - We only have SSD-Cached in LAX for our KVM product line, all other promoted locations are pure SSD, despite the marketing. And in LAX we utilize Enterprise Intel NVMe and AMD Ryzen for our Windows KVM product line, simply due to the resource hog that Windows is.

Love what you're doing, keep crushing it.

• @VirMach said: Sure, then reply to that ticket.

I got this when I tried to reply:

This ticket is closed
    First, read our latest reply, and if required, please consider creating a new ticket that explains everything again in an organized manner.

Should I open a new ticket?

• @VirMach Thanks. The Client Area is much more better now. Think the new flash sale is coming?

• Damn. Due to the fact that the user panel was constantly inaccessible, I did not manage to cancel one of the VPSs I bought last year because it is small and still not used. I need to keep the number of services purchased from VirMach within reasonable limits. But it's so hard! And this VPS was renewed, and I could not cancel it while the user console was not working.

@VirMach is there anything you can do about this? I really didn't want to renew this. Invoice # 1104398

Now the console is working and I had to turn off automatic renewals

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited December 2020

@Unicom said:
    Damn. Due to the fact that the user panel was constantly inaccessible, I did not manage to cancel one of the VPSs I bought last year because it is small and still not used. I need to keep the number of services purchased from VirMach within reasonable limits. But it's so hard! And this VPS was renewed, and I could not cancel it while the user console was not working.

@VirMach is there anything you can do about this? I really didn't want to renew this. Invoice # 1104398

You got the invoice a month ago and you choose to do few hours before renewal ? You deserve it.

EDIT : When you cancel you can choose immediate or at the end of the billing period, so nothing is lost by doing that ahead.

• Error 524
    A timeout occurred

• @ben47955 said: You got the invoice a month ago and you choose to do few hours before renewal ? You deserve it.

EDIT : When you cancel you can choose immediate or at the end of the billing period, so nothing is lost by doing that ahead.

Perhaps this is my business when I plan to cancel the service. The service was purchased a year ago and naturally I wanted to see what VirMach offers this year. And yesterday I found another service much more suitable among the new offers. After that, I could not refuse last year's VPS and it was renewed.

You are not on the highendtalk website. We are all here to save money and find the best deal.

• @ben47955 said:

@Unicom said:
    Damn. Due to the fact that the user panel was constantly inaccessible, I did not manage to cancel one of the VPSs I bought last year because it is small and still not used. I need to keep the number of services purchased from VirMach within reasonable limits. But it's so hard! And this VPS was renewed, and I could not cancel it while the user console was not working.

You got the invoice a month ago and you choose to do few hours before renewal ? You deserve it.

Chill dude, customer has his own right to do so. And his control panel has to be available 24/7 as it should be.

Thanked by 1Unicom
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

^ I bet they think SMS text is guaranteed delivery. :/
    Try cancelling a dental appointment an hour before it's due, certainly in the UK private dental care system, you're gonna expect to get charged anyway.

• error 522

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

Any chance for "big servers" during the flash sale? say 100+ GB SSD and 8+ GB RAM? I requested something similar back in 2018 and you added a 120 GB SSD and 10 GB RAM offer to the flash sale :smiley:

@Daniel15 said: Any chance for "big servers" during the flash sale? say 100+ GB SSD and 8+ GB RAM? I requested something similar back in 2018 and you added a 120 GB SSD and 10 GB RAM offer to the flash sale

Very possible.

• @VirMach said:

@Daniel15 said: Any chance for "big servers" during the flash sale? say 100+ GB SSD and 8+ GB RAM? I requested something similar back in 2018 and you added a 120 GB SSD and 10 GB RAM offer to the flash sale

Very possible.

When will your sales restart?

edited December 2020

@Yukinococo said:

@VirMach said:

Very possible.

When will your sales restart?

No ETA. We're powering through tickets right now because even if we bring the client area back up, MySQL runs into issues (we're in communication with WHMCS right now.)

Other non-flash sales still there but you 'd have to wait for panel to come back up.

Thanked by 1ddhhz
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:
    We're powering through tickets right now

I hope this includes reactivating my $8.88 invoice wrongfully canceled by the fraud check.

I've set your order back to the pending status from rejected status, which will allow you to make a payment for a brief period of time. If the system cancels this again, then you need to ensure you have enough store credit balance, or a credit/debit card on file and then reply again confirming that we can bill you immediately. If we cannot bill you immediately, we can no longer process this after setting it back to pending initially.

OK, my invoice is reopened according to this email. I hope the billing panel would come back in next few hours so that I can complete payment for this sweet deal.

• @yoursunny said: OK, my invoice is reopened according to this email. I hope the billing panel would come back in next few hours so that I can complete payment for this sweet deal.

Well, same thing for me as well. Hopefully that "brief period of time" won't pass when the billing system is locked down (I mean we still have another chance but it would be even more annoying).

Thanked by 1toumi111
  • @VirMach said: No ETA.

You're gonna be at Applied Cryogenics in the meantime??

• Wasted my time to choose "trucks""boats""buses" from CF and met your 502 pages to try $8.88.
    First time for Virmach flash sales and you won!

My question is "Are you willing to sell seriously"?
    @VirMach

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

@kaca said: My question is "Are you willing to sell seriously"?

Kaca by name, same by nature. Away and cry into your spilt milk.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

PSA: Virmach billing panel is now online. It's your chance to pay your invoices.

• @VirMach can you please active my invoice #1123696

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@kaca said: My question is "Are you willing to sell seriously"?

Kaca by name, same by nature. Away and cry into your spilt milk.

AlwaysSkint by name,same as AlwaysPoor. Keep staying your street.

• @yoursunny said:
    PSA: Virmach billing panel is now online. It's your chance to pay your invoices.

it's been up for a little while now. I finally was able to login to Solusvm. Strange enough, one of the $8.88 I got has the ip and login detail there but not in the client area. The server is quite snappy too!

• @yoursunny - and there you went and broke it again? :neutral:
    :smiley:

Thanked by 2yoursunny lowendboi