Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited November 2020

@buzzyLET said:
    @Abdullah can you explain how cpu stuff works? If I get the 50% dedicated core what happens if I have some rogue process running at 100% for a while? will I get an email about it and get shut down eventually or is it just capped? The 100% dedicated means I wouldn't run into this, correct? thanks

100% dedicated should mean 1 core can be constantly used (even if you have 3 cores available to burst), or use 33%, 33%, 33% for 3 cores.

Abdullah has already explained previously, and according to my experience, you will not get shutdown or forcely capped, unless CPU resource above the dedicated line have been occupied constantly due to abuse etc.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • yakblackyakblack Member
    edited November 2020

Outstanding promotion. I already had 4 VPSes with Hosthatch. And I have just ordered 3 more!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah said: If you are planning to run 300% consistent usage on a 100% dedicated plan, it is not going to end well. If you will limit your consistent usage to 100%, it should be fine. If you want to use 300%, you can combine 3 of these servers to get 300% dedicated CPU.

@Chocoweb said:

@zxxx said:

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    3 * 1/3 = 1 dedicated core

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    2 * 1/2 = 1 dedicated core

is it right?

The first should be right but 50% dedicated should mean half of a core, not half of 2 cores

OK, thx.

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%) : 0.5 dedicated core

• @Abdullah said:

@bdl said:

An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations. And before you ask, no, it is not possible to do it in the same location/server.

I've got identical services in London and Chicago from prior BF, is the 10% discount applicable to a third service purchased today or do all three have to be new services for discount?

The new service will qualify for the 10% discount.

Hi @Abdullah,

I'm about to make the deposit, going to grab two BF2020 storage deals and one BF2020 NVMe deal. I currently have three Hosthatch services.

Does that mean that I get a 10% discount for the two BF2020 storage deals ($84 each before discount) and 10% for the BF2020 NVMe deal ($60 before discount)? Or do they stack in another way?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@lightforce said:

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    3 * 1/3 = 1 dedicated core

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    2 * 1/2 = 1 dedicated core

is it right?

@Abdullah said: If you are planning to run 300% consistent usage on a 100% dedicated plan, it is not going to end well. If you will limit your consistent usage to 100%, it should be fine. If you want to use 300%, you can combine 3 of these servers to get 300% dedicated CPU.

If I order 3 * [3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)], I will get

1 * [9 CPU core + 48 GB RAM + 240 GB Disk + 30 TB bandwidth] server?

We consider 1 core = 100%
    12.5% = 12.5% of a core
    50% = 50% of a core
    100% = 100% of a core
    etc

This is regardless of how many CPU cores your server has.

If you order 3x of those plans combined, you will get 3 CPU cores (300% dedicated), 48 GB RAM, 240 GB disk and 30 TB bandwidth.

If you order 2x of those plans combined, you will get 3 CPU cores (200% dedicated), 32 GB RAM, 240 GB disk and 30 TB bandwidth.

Just to be clear, when we say a dedicated core, we actually mean that you can use your full core, any time. It is not one of those "8 dedicated cores" with 20% consistent CPU steal.

@buzzyLET said:
    @Abdullah can you explain how cpu stuff works? If I get the 50% dedicated core what happens if I have some rogue process running at 100% for a while? will I get an email about it and get shut down eventually or is it just capped? The 100% dedicated means I wouldn't run into this, correct? thanks

We will eventually throttle you to your dedicated limit if it keeps running at 100% on a plan that allows you 50%.

100% means you have 1 dedicated core. So if you keep burning a single core 24/7, that is fine with us.

@zxxx said: 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%) : 0.5 dedicated core

Exactly.

@bdl said:

@Abdullah said:

@bdl said:

An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations. And before you ask, no, it is not possible to do it in the same location/server.

I've got identical services in London and Chicago from prior BF, is the 10% discount applicable to a third service purchased today or do all three have to be new services for discount?

The new service will qualify for the 10% discount.

Hi @Abdullah,

I'm about to make the deposit, going to grab two BF2020 storage deals and one BF2020 NVMe deal. I currently have three Hosthatch services.

Does that mean that I get a 10% discount for the two BF2020 storage deals ($84 each before discount) and 10% for the BF2020 NVMe deal ($60 before discount)? Or do they stack in another way?

As long as you are not ordering the new services to replace the older ones (ie the old ones will remain active), then yes, you get 10% off on all of your new VMs. So 10% off for both the storage VMs, and 10% off for the NVMe VM.

Hope that makes sense :)

Thanked by 2Chocoweb buzzyLET
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

Hi @Abdullah,

As long as you are not ordering the new services to replace the older ones (ie the old ones will remain active), then yes, you get 10% off on all of your new VMs. So 10% off for both the storage VMs, and 10% off for the NVMe VM.

Sure does! Thankyou :) I plan on keeping all my old services right now - if I cancel any, I'll make sure to lodge a ticket and pay the extra, you have my word.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • [Ticket ID: 464324] Provision BF VPS

Outstanding deal of this BF.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Do you still have stock?

• @Abdullah said: As long as you are not ordering the new services to replace the older ones (ie the old ones will remain active), then yes, you get 10% off on all of your new VMs. So 10% off for both the storage VMs, and 10% off for the NVMe VM.

So that means I'm my case, that I got the $30 one, it would be actually $27, right?

Thanks!

@luissousa said:
    Do you still have stock?

Yes

@Ouji said:

So that means I'm my case, that I got the $30 one, it would be actually $27, right?

Thanks!

Exactly :)

Thanked by 3Ouji vimalware Falzo
  • @Abdullah said: So 10% off for both the storage VMs, and 10% off for the NVMe VM.

Excellent. Updated the ticket to get an extra NVMe box with 8GB RAM at AMS.

Any chance that you support private networking between storage VMs and NVMe VMs at the same location?

• A bit disappointed not to see any upgrade from last years storage VPSs. But they were a good deal then and they are a good deal now.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • If I want to add more storage to the 8GB RAM NVMe ( from 40 gb to 60 )

what would be the cost ?

@nullstring said:
    A bit disappointed not to see any upgrade from last years storage VPSs. But they were a good deal then and they are a good deal now.

They are a little bit better than last year though....AMS/STO/LAX got 2.5 TB > 3 TB in the same price.

And we have a 10% off the price for old customers, so its even a little more sweeter.

Is there any reputable provider doing better pricing than us on storage? (Please don't mention that one guy who seems to have a lot of bad luck every day and consistently). I have genuinely done a lot of searching and never found a better priced deal on storage VMs/dedicated servers on the internet.

We can probably match/beat anyone on storage though.....as long as it's not OpenVZ or based out of a village, etc. Let me know :)

• @Abdullah said:

@luissousa said:
    Do you still have stock?

Yes

Ordered 5, ticket 104578 :smile:

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Hi, I want to ask if there is free DDoS protection only in Chicago, right? I purchased a vps in Los Angeles. Does it have free DDoS protection? Or do I need to pay extra for it? Your service is great. By the way, I have submitted a ticket to purchase a vps in Los Angeles. How soon will it be activated?

• OujiOuji Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

@nullstring said:
    A bit disappointed not to see any upgrade from last years storage VPSs. But they were a good deal then and they are a good deal now.

They are a little bit better than last year though....AMS/STO/LAX got 2.5 TB > 3 TB in the same price.

And we have a 10% off the price for old customers, so its even a little more sweeter.

Is there any reputable provider doing better pricing than us on storage? (Please don't mention that one guy who seems to have a lot of bad luck every day and consistently). I have genuinely done a lot of searching and never found a better priced deal on storage VMs/dedicated servers on the internet.

We can probably match/beat anyone on storage though.....as long as it's not OpenVZ or based out of a village, etc. Let me know :)

servarica was doing $2/TB earlier, in Canada. Not sure if the stock has ran out already, but it was a good deal. 2 TB, not 8 TB

@K4Y5 said:

Any chance that you support private networking between storage VMs and NVMe VMs at the same location?

Yes, this is the primary reason we introduced private networking, so yes :)

@PandoGulf said:
    If I want to add more storage to the 8GB RAM NVMe ( from 40 gb to 60 )

what would be the cost ?

You can combine the first and second NVMe plans together to achieve that. $30 + $15

• @Abdullah Thanks so much for clarifiying! Can you tell me how ddos interacts with these special plans? I see you offer it for an extra 3 month on the main site

• @Abdullah said:

@K4Y5 said:

@PandoGulf said:

what would be the cost ?

You can combine the first and second NVMe plans together to achieve that. $30 + $15

would that get me a full core or close to it?

• @Abdullah how can one request addition disk space ?

• @buzzyLET said:

@Abdullah said:

@K4Y5 said:

@PandoGulf said:

what would be the cost ?

would that get me a full core or close to it?

Just paid a bit more to get the $60 if you already paid $45.

• @baifvai0913 said:
    Hoped to see for me

1 core
    2 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

and for my friend

1 core
    1 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

I'll come back tomorrow maybe Abdullah be so nice to make these offers for people

Waiting too <3

• @Abdullah said: You can combine the first and second NVMe plans together to achieve that. $30 + $15

Can we stack NVMe plans to get the sum of the parts (including IPs and bandwidth)?

I'm still trying to figure out how and what to get with the plethora of options and the existing setups/combinations. Good problem to have.

• @host4cheap said:
    @Abdullah how can one request addition disk space ?

Same question, i want to add 20Gb more to vps

@Ouji said:

servarica was doing $2/TB earlier, in Canada. Not sure if the stock has ran out already, but it was a good deal. 2 TB, not 8 TB

Fair enough. We could potentially beat that if a customer wanted to move to us, or in one of our flash deals. But I do not see a reason to offer that as standard since you cannot really deploy any significant amount of that $2/TB storage?

For example, I might have 40 TB free storage and 3 GB free RAM on a node that is going to waste, and offer 2 x 20 TB VMs for $10 each and it will be a 'limited' deal. But realistically how many customers can really get that deal, and how many times can I offer that deal again?

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

@Ouji said:

Fair enough. We could potentially beat that if a customer wanted to move to us, or in one of our flash deals. But I do not see a reason to offer that as standard since you cannot really deploy any significant amount of that $2/TB storage?

For example, I might have 40 TB free storage and 3 GB free RAM on a node that is going to waste, and offer 2 x 20 TB VMs for $10 each and it will be a 'limited' deal. But realistically how many customers can really get that deal, and how many times can I offer that deal again?

Completely fair, I was replying to what you mentioned. I, myself, I'm missing the 250GB plan, although I already have one.

Although the deal was 2TB only, so it was accessible, but it was indeed limited.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Are the flash deals coming soon @Abdullah? Do you have an approximate hour in mind?

• @Abdullah

Why is the money I paid with paypal not seen in the bill
    How to place an order for Black Friday

• @coolgoole said:
    @Abdullah

Why is the money I paid with paypal not seen in the bill
    How to place an order for Black Friday

>

Takes about 10 minutes to show up. Be patient. You can place an order by opening a ticket.