Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @Abdullah This is your official Chicago node test IP, but this IP address is San Jose. I saw it with a trace route. If I buy Chicago, will I get the IP address of the same network segment?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@luyunlong said:
    @Abdullah This is your official Chicago node test IP, but this IP address is San Jose. I saw it with a trace route. If I buy Chicago, will I get the IP address of the same network segment?

Sorry, that was a typo. Just fixed it. The real IP address of the LG is 193.29.62.40 - you will see that if you resolve lg.chi.hosthatch.com

• ArirangArirang Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said: NVMe deals:
    Available in: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Zurich, Oslo, Vienna, Warsaw, London, > Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Sydney

What exactly locations do I order to get additional discount of 30%? Little confusing. Los angeles twice. If I am an existing customer, discount 10% + 30% possible?

• @luyunlong said:
    @Abdullah Please tell me that the speed measurement address of Chicago in our feature is 107.181.166.10, which is not in Chicago. It's San Jose IP. May I ask if it is wrong. If there is no mistake. Can I get 107.181.166. X IP segment when I buy Chicago

I don't fully understand what you mean, but we do not own or operate that IP space.

@Abdullah

Simply the "TEXT" of the IP on your Looking Glass in Chicago is wrong.
    It should be 193.29.62.40, the resolved address of lg.chi.hosthatch.com

• @JabJab said:

@Abdullah said: Warsaw

Woah, Poland!

@Abdullah any plans for STORAGE @ WARSAW?

• @thedp said:
    Also, I deposited funds but they're not reflecting in the panel?

Yeah, same here - took 20 minutes since invoice payment for it to show up. Not sure why though, the panel doesn't seem to be overloaded or anything. Maybe manual scrutiny ?

• Can anyone tell me if IPv6 in NYC location?

@Arirang said:

@Abdullah said: NVMe deals:
    Available in: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Zurich, Oslo, Vienna, Warsaw, London, > Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Sydney

Fixed that in the OP. There is only one LA. Thanks for pointing it out.

What exactly locations do I order to get additional discount of 30%? Little confusing. Los angeles twice. If I am an existing customer, discount 10% + 30% possible?

@Abdullah said: If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order. This means ordering 15 VMs in total at least (1 per location)

• Which payment methods are accepted?

@Chocoweb said:

@luyunlong said:
    @Abdullah Please tell me that the speed measurement address of Chicago in our feature is 107.181.166.10, which is not in Chicago. It's San Jose IP. May I ask if it is wrong. If there is no mistake. Can I get 107.181.166. X IP segment when I buy Chicago

I don't fully understand what you mean, but we do not own or operate that IP space.

@Abdullah

Simply the "TEXT" of the IP on your Looking Glass in Chicago is wrong.
    It should be 193.29.62.40, the resolved address of lg.chi.hosthatch.com

Yes, fixed it :)

@Andrews said:

@JabJab said:

@Abdullah said: Warsaw

Woah, Poland!

@Abdullah any plans for STORAGE @ WARSAW?

I don't think that will happen since there is not much demand for it - and our other EU locations where we do have storage can service Warsaw users. Doing reliable storage is a huge upfront cost.

@Whoa said:

@thedp said:
    Also, I deposited funds but they're not reflecting in the panel?

Yeah, same here - took 20 minutes since invoice payment for it to show up. Not sure why though, the panel doesn't seem to be overloaded or anything. Maybe manual scrutiny ?

The panel is infact under a lot of extra load for the moment.

@FrankZ said:
    Can anyone tell me if IPv6 in NYC location?

Yes

Thanked by 2FrankZ Whoa
  • @Abdullah I already have two plans with you guys in Chicago. Can I get one of these to create a private network? As far as I'm concerned, private networks don't counts towards BW, right?

• @Abdullah Hello, do you have test IP for Madrid and Milan

@Unixfy said:
    Which payment methods are accepted?

We accept credit cards (stripe), paypal, bitcoin (bitpay) and bank transfers (bank of america). We can also take SEPA in the EU but it is manual so we only do it for significant amounts.

@Ouji said:
    @Abdullah I already have two plans with you guys in Chicago. Can I get one of these to create a private network? As far as I'm concerned, private networks don't counts towards BW, right?

Yes, private network traffic in the same location doesn't count towards the BW limit.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @Abdullah said: Yes, private network traffic in the same location doesn't count towards the BW limit.

Do I have to mention anything in the ticket to be able to get the VM into the same private network?

@Abdullah said: BGP - we initially decided that we would do this for anyone with over $50/m in account spend with us. However, we will do BGP if you have at least the equivalent of $15/m ($180/year) in account spend with us, for this promotion only.

BGP will be available in all of our locations. Only default route for the moment. IPv4 and IPv6. Looking forward to having some customers run anycast over our 15+ premium locations

Since this is largely manual for now, the guaranteed time for BGP setup is 31st December. (PS - we can also announce your IP ranges from our AS)

btw - out of interest guys - I thought a lot more people would be excited about this? I've been asked about BGP so many times over the past years :)

Thanked by 2benj0x bulbasaur
  • KenobisVPSKenobisVPS Member
    edited November 2020

Wow what the hell bro! Crazy deal!

What is the final day to get these deals?

• Does anybody have experience with any of Host Hatch's data centers (lax, chi, ny) for mostly North American traffic?

• @sumo said: Does anybody have experience with any of Host Hatch's data centers (lax, chi, ny) for mostly North American traffic?

I use in CHI, it has been working very well to be honest with you.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @Ouji said: I use in CHI, it has been working very well to be honest with you.

+1

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @thole said:

So I need to deposite 21$ right?

14 location, so 21*14= 294

• @sumo said:
    Does anybody have experience with any of Host Hatch's data centers (lax, chi, ny) for mostly North American traffic?

Chicago is a great location for the whole NA, very close to Canada, and lower latency for the west coast than NY/VA

Thanked by 1sumo
  • rayyerayye Member
    edited November 2020

Hi Abdullah,

Had put an pre-order, with 30$ deposit fund in my account. @Abdullah
    Ticket number: #603476.

looking forward to see my vps :smile:

• Chicago for me is the same latency as NY, which is not normal for most providers, as I'm in South America. Definitely recommend, I'm gonna get one or two more in CHI, not sure yet.

• @Chocoweb said:

@sumo said:
    Does anybody have experience with any of Host Hatch's data centers (lax, chi, ny) for mostly North American traffic?

Chicago is a great location for the whole NA, very close to Canada, and lower latency for the west coast than NY/VA

Thinking about to get one more in Chicago. I am applying to Canada for my future study, and Immigration.

Thanked by 1Chocoweb
  • Excellent offers and services as always, @Abdullah.
    Placed an order for my second 6TB storage VM with you just now. TID #486481 :smile:

Thanked by 2hosthatch Falzo
  • @Abdullah said: To put it simply: you are paying only for your dedicated % of the CPU. Anything on top is complimentary. At least that is how it is when the day comes. There are no hard rules on this - other than the fact that you should not run a service that constantly uses more than your dedicated share of the CPU.

In practice though, we very rarely limit customers since we have balanced out nodes with low overall CPU usage.

To explain the terminology.

We consider 100% to be one core. So, 1/3 of your cores are dedicated. 2/3 are there if you need them sometimes.

We won't shutdown your server, we will only throttle you to the dedicated limit if we really need to.

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    3 * 1/3 = 1 dedicated core

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    2 * 1/2 = 1 dedicated core

is it right?

@Abdullah said: If you are planning to run 300% consistent usage on a 100% dedicated plan, it is not going to end well. If you will limit your consistent usage to 100%, it should be fine. If you want to use 300%, you can combine 3 of these servers to get 300% dedicated CPU.

If I order 3 * [3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)], I will get

1 * [9 CPU core + 48 GB RAM + 240 GB Disk + 30 TB bandwidth] server?

• Hoped to see for me

1 core
    2 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

and for my friend

1 core
    1 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

I'll come back tomorrow maybe Abdullah be so nice to make these offers for people

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @zxxx said:

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    3 * 1/3 = 1 dedicated core

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    2 * 1/2 = 1 dedicated core

is it right?

The first should be right but 50% dedicated should mean half of a core, not half of 2 cores

• @Abdullah
    Is 2nd storage deal stackable? What's the price for extra TB?

• @Abdullah can you explain how cpu stuff works? If I get the 50% dedicated core what happens if I have some rogue process running at 100% for a while? will I get an email about it and get shut down eventually or is it just capped? The 100% dedicated means I wouldn't run into this, correct? thanks