Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• ofitofit Member
    edited November 2020

Really don't seen it. Thanks for answer @Abdullah

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • MraliMrali Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

@pbx said:

@Abdullah said: it is really bugging me that no one is excited about us providing BGP sessions in 15 locations haha

WE ARE!

edit: but too broke to grab a VPS in each location :wink:

Yes - but you don't need a VPS in each location. There's no such requirement.

You can do it in one location, 2, 3 or all of them - up to you.

The only restriction on the "all locations" deal is that you get 30% off if you order one VM per location, but no restrictions on BGP or any other feature of having to get more VMs.

@cez said:

@cez said:
    Great offers! Will have to order another of those nvme :)

@Abdullah My BF storage server from 2018 has 2xCPU, 2.5GB RAM, and 2,5TB. Can that still be upgraded in some way? Thanks!

@Abdullah Missed this question. Asking cause this years offer has 1 less core compared to what I have today,
    Thanks!

Hmm not sure what you mean - I think this year has 1 more core, not one less, along with more RAM, storage and bandwidth?

@Mrali said:

So I applied to cancel the existing server and create a new one for me.
    I’m so sorry for the inconvenience to you, But I have no choice. The existing network is really unfriendly to me. I have been shut down for a month……I really need you to help me.
    Ticket #790839

I'm sorry but we have a limit to how flexible we can be.

We're already offering upgrades for previous customers because we want to give back to our loyal customers. Most providers will never upgrade previously sold plans in the middle of the billing term, and we have never done it before either. We are being extra nice this time around.

But we cannot cancel your old server and create a new one in a different location. We do not allow moving locations on these plans. Sorry.

@davi said:
    If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one

Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket

Then please upgrade for me, upgrade to the new 2020BF deals, thank you!
    Ticket #790839

• Thanks for the quick response.

Combining 2x the 30$ NVMe offer is also possible? Thanks!

And on a side node, really appreciate that you're honoring existing customers.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Bought one ticket #192903

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cez said:
    @Abdullah

BF 2018 - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153773/black-friday-2018-storage-and-nvme-deals-oslo-vienna-ny-ams-sto-lax
    2 CPU cores
    2.5 GB RAM
    2.5 TB storage
    6 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

BF 2020
    1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

Ah sorry, you are completely right. Sorry, still drinking my morning (or 5 PM morning) matcha.

Yes - so if you decide to move plans, you would lose the cores in this case, but you would gain more RAM, storage and bandwidth.

@add_iT said:
    2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

Are this still available in Sydney @Abdullah ??

Yes - all plans are still available. I will update this thread as we start running out per location. But we have a lot of available capacity.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

When can we expect the first flash deal?
    I'm hoping for something below 10$ p.y.

• Q> @cazrz said:

this is 5 pages now, did he say out of stock? or not yet?

@v3ng said:
    When can we expect the first flash deal?
    I'm hoping for something below 10$ p.y.

In 42 minutes, I suppose.

@ofit said:
    That mean if i ordered my Storage 750GB on summer (not on BF) i can't upgrade to 1TB BF

@Abdullah Still no answer

I already answered you earlier, please check :)

@relentlessdoppelgang said:
    Thanks for the quick response.

Combining 2x the 30$ NVMe offer is also possible? Thanks!

And on a side node, really appreciate that you're honoring existing customers.

Yes it is possible. Although you would get more value for the $60 if you just bought the $60 plan? Why would you want to combine 2x $30 plans if I can ask?

Note that when combining multiple plans, only CPU dedicated % is upgraded, not CPU cores.

So by combining two of them - you would have 2 CPU cores and 100% (1 core) dedicated. With the $60 plan, you get 3 CPU cores and 100% (1 core) dedicated.

• @Abdullah said: Note that when combining multiple plans, only CPU dedicated % is upgraded, not CPU cores.

That's why I'm asking, didn't see that note. Sorry and thanks again for clarifying!

• Yes - so if you decide to move plans, you would lose the cores in this case, but you would gain more RAM, storage and bandwidth.

Good to know, i prefer to keep my old 5TB bw VPS :-)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Can Ipv6 subnet be allocated in all locations or except Hong kong and Warsaw (as their looking glass don't have ipv6)?

@Arirang said:
    Can Ipv6 subnet be allocated in all locations or except Hong kong and Warsaw (as their looking glass don't have ipv6)?

Yes, and Hong Kong and Warsaw will likely have IPv6 by the time your VM is provisioned - so in all locations you can get it assigned.

• MilonMilon Member
    edited November 2020

Yes, in a flash deal perhaps - but for the most part, we are mostly interested in larger VMs / less per node - and more happy customers.

@Abdullah If so, why I still doubt between 2x 8GB VPS vs 1 x 16GB.
    Total price is the same. :smiley:

And interesting why there is not VPS with e.g. 1TB HDD & 16 GB ram. Something like merged solution from storage+nvme(without nvme) :smile:

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited November 2020

Is anyone having servers setup atm?

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @luissousa said:

"All special orders are manually provisioned on working days only. We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient."

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2020

Redacted - @Limpan beat me to it.

Thanked by 1benj0x

@Milon said:

Yes, in a flash deal perhaps - but for the most part, we are mostly interested in larger VMs / less per node - and more happy customers.

@Abdullah If so, why I still doubt between 2x 8GB VPS vs 1 x 16GB.
    Total price is the same. :smiley:

I can give you a $0.5 discount on the bigger one if that makes your decision easier? :wink:

@luissousa said:

Not really, we only got a few customers provisioned so far. It is the weekend and we won't really be spending too much time on provisioning VMs manually until Monday.

Thanked by 1luissousa
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch it seems you have a bug in your system. I topped up 2 times last night since the limit is 100 USD per top up and only the first top up has been reflected on the account. The top ups were seconds apart. (just letting you know)

• Wait what? @Abdullah? @hosthatch? I am confusing, are you renamed?

Thanked by 1azeem
  • @elliotc said:
    Wait what? @Abdullah? @hosthatch? I am confusing, are you renamed?

I was refreshing my browser and clearing cache lol

• @elliotc said:

Apparently yap

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@elliotc said:
    Wait what? Abdullah? hosthatch? I am confusing, are you renamed?

Yes, @Abdullah just requested to rename to @hosthatch, and I proceed to rename for him

@Milon said:

And interesting why there is not VPS with e.g. 1TB HDD & 16 GB ram. Something like merged solution from storage+nvme(without nvme) :smile:

You can always buy a NVMe plan and a Storage plan, and then mount the disk over our private network. You will get the best of both worlds - although I do agree that will require you to spend some hours setting it up and is not as simple as buying a server with those specs. But the performance will be very good thanks to our 10G private network (soon to be 40G) with jumbo frames.

@elliotc said:

Abdullah who? ;)

Easier this way since there might be other people with my name around the forums and it can cause confusion.

• if you could provision this order for storage in Stockholm, i would stay forever...dying to get started.

• @hosthatch said:
    Abdullah who? ;)

Just like Clark Kent when he ran into a phone box :smile:

Thanked by 3netfox FrankZ hosthatch

@luissousa said:
    @hosthatch it seems you have a bug in your system. I topped up 2 times last night since the limit is 100 USD per top up and only the first top up has been reflected on the account. The top ups were seconds apart. (just letting you know)

Please ticket it in and we will get it resolved (will likely be on Monday however).

@freddy said:
    if you could provision this order for storage in Stockholm, i would stay forever...dying to get started.

I'm afraid it will be Monday (likely longer depending on when your order came in) since we will provision these on working days. It is first come first served.

Update on the flash deals - please wait 1 more hour guys. Will post the first flash deals at 17:00 CET. Haven't had time to have breakfast or write a new post since I am responding here to everyone.

• So...any rename celebrate flash sale ? :p

• dkkingdkking Member
    edited November 2020

hey @hosthatch Abdullah
    I wrote a ticket when this thread was just starting, #653317. I hope you can answer it, it was regarding upgrade and i wasn't sure what to deposit.
    Thanks!

edited November 2020

Quick question: does the 30% discount on servers across all regions if you have one in all regions also work with storage?