Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@elliotc said:
    So...any rename celebrate flash sale ? :p

How about a dirt cheap IPv6-only all-locations idle hoarder bundle?

• @hosthatch ok i guess wait is my life

guys name a flashsale example from previous years ??

• it's time for a flash deal? :)

• @klikli said:
    it's time for a flash deal? :)

please wait 1 more hour guys. Will post the first flash deals at 17:00 CET.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2020

@freddy said: guys name a flashsale example from previous years ??

Never had any flashsales before because people would not stop asking questions.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@luissousa said:
    Quick question: does the 30% discount on servers across all regions if you have one in all regions also work with storage?

Do you mean if you buy a storage plan in each of the available locations for storage plans? (LAX/STO/AMS/CHI/LON)? Yes we can do that :)

@brueggus said:

@elliotc said:
    So...any rename celebrate flash sale ? :p

How about a dirt cheap IPv6-only all-locations idle hoarder bundle?

-

@hosthatch said: Control panel - as most of you know, we run our own front-end control panel (called Falcon). It runs on top and in tandem with SolusVM. We already have several features that use direct connection from Falcon to our nodes and do not use SolusVM for those features since the SolusVM API is not very efficient. However - we've been writing our own back-end control panel from scratch for quite a while since there is only so much we can do trying to go around things that SolusVM does wrong (or in an old fashion). The front-end will remain as it is now, so our change from SolusVM to our control panel (we call it Raven) will not do much for the user interface, but this allows us to offer things like automated BGP sessions, private networks, bandwidth pooling, block storage, firewalls and basically endless other opportunities.

From my OP on this topic.

Unfortunately - we would have to create a lot of ugly fixes arounds SolusVM to be able to automate that efficiently. So this is one of the things we'll be able to do in late Q1 2021 when we've moved to our back-end panel.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @freddy said:
    @hosthatch ok i guess wait is my life

guys name a flashsale example from previous years ??

Correct me if I am wrong, only one provider I remember are doing flashsale in the old day...

• "a sale of goods at greatly reduced prices, lasting for only a short period of time."

• How to config private network between two vps?@hosthatch,And I deposit $84 in my account,But for my mistake I cannot use it to upgrade my old plan.I have already sent a ticket to apply support.Now I am thinking to use it renew my vps or buy some flash sale.

• @hosthatch said: Control panel - as most of you know, we run our own front-end control panel (called Falcon). It runs on top and in tandem with SolusVM. We already have several features that use direct connection from Falcon to our nodes and do not use SolusVM for those features since the SolusVM API is not very efficient. However - we've been writing our own back-end control panel from scratch for quite a while since there is only so much we can do trying to go around things that SolusVM does wrong (or in an old fashion). The front-end will remain as it is now, so our change from SolusVM to our control panel (we call it Raven) will not do much for the user interface, but this allows us to offer things like automated BGP sessions, private networks, bandwidth pooling, block storage, firewalls and basically endless other opportunities.

From my OP on this topic.

Unfortunately - we would have to create a lot of ugly fixes arounds SolusVM to be able to automate that efficiently. So this is one of the things we'll be able to do in late Q1 2021 when we've moved to our back-end panel.

Don't forget the snapshot.

• @webcraft said:

@refik said: @Abdullah are you offering DA license with VPS?

No answer on this yet?

Nope

• AinuxAinux Member
    edited November 2020

hello,i don't know have flash order,the order information has been sent. How can I cancel it?I'd like to participate in the flash sale。https://www.lowendtalk.com/

Thanked by 1zhi
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Will @hosthatch be doing flash sale In here?

• @hosthatch or anyone else want to double check my math and make sure I'm understanding all the answers given in this thread:

wondering if the following would be possible:

• 3x the $60/yr NVMe combined into one (100% dedicated 3 cores, 48GB RAM, 240 GB drive) = $180/yr
    • $84/yr storage + 7x $30/yr chunks (10TB total storage and 30TB bandwidth) = $294/yr
    • could I give some of the public bandwidth from the storage server to the NVMe one?

Basically what I'm after if a decently beefy NVMe server with a big storage server that would just be mounted as a hard drive basically. I believe private networking is possible and it wouldn't count towards the bandwidth cap, right?

If I did the math right, that should be $474/yr?

Is this something you could do? If so, would quarterly payment be available?

Thanks so much!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Ainux said:
    hello,i don't know have flash order,the order information has been sent. How can I cancel it?I'd like to participate in the flash sale。https://www.lowendtalk.com/

just send a support message and say it wasent you....it was grandma that made a mistake. wish for good fortune...cross fingers. lol

• @Ainux said:

original post answers your question.

@hosthatch said: Please note that we will likely have some flash sales, which might be better/worse than these deals, and you might feel bad about missing out on them. We cannot switch you once you have opened a ticket to order something. An open ticket (whether you close it or not later) is considered an active order, and will not be changeable without our discretion. Please understand that flash deals or not - all of these are high-performing servers with incredible value for the price.

Thanked by 2Falzo hosthatch
  • can i buy extra NVME space on NVME plan?

• @Skander said:

@Ainux said:

original post answers your question.

@hosthatch said: Please note that we will likely have some flash sales, which might be better/worse than these deals, and you might feel bad about missing out on them. We cannot switch you once you have opened a ticket to order something. An open ticket (whether you close it or not later) is considered an active order, and will not be changeable without our discretion. Please understand that flash deals or not - all of these are high-performing servers with incredible value for the price.

this! people learn to f*cking read before jumping onto anything.

Thanked by 3Skander BBTN bdl

@elliotc said:

Don't forget the snapshot.

Yes, one of the primary reasons we decided to write our own thing. There's only so much you can hack around a closed source software (although I don't have any hate for SolusVM - it has been the only stable platform in that price range for a very long time and most of the things they do wrong/old-fashioned can be fixed if you have the skills and patience - but it's not as clean/pretty)

-

About the orders changing because someone wants to switch to flash plans.

I knew earlier that we would run into this problem and already created the rule in the OP.

An open ticket is considered an order and cannot be changed/cancelled without our discretion. All orders are final. If you decide to close the ticket and think we won't notice, and we might not in the next few days, there is still the chance that we'll notice later and it won't really be nice.

@refik said:

@webcraft said:

@refik said: @Abdullah are you offering DA license with VPS?

No answer on this yet?

Nope

I already answered this.....?

@jupitercity said:
    @hosthatch or anyone else want to double check my math and make sure I'm understanding all the answers given in this thread:

wondering if the following would be possible:

• 3x the $60/yr NVMe combined into one (100% dedicated 3 cores, 48GB RAM, 240 GB drive) = $180/yr
    • $84/yr storage + 7x $30/yr chunks (10TB total storage and 30TB bandwidth) = $294/yr
    • could I give some of the public bandwidth from the storage server to the NVMe one?

Basically what I'm after if a decently beefy NVMe server with a big storage server that would just be mounted as a hard drive basically. I believe private networking is possible and it wouldn't count towards the bandwidth cap, right?

If I did the math right, that should be $474/yr?

Is this something you could do? If so, would quarterly payment be available?

Thanks so much!

Haven't checked your calculations, but yes, something like that should be possible. Please send me a PM and give me some time to respond.

Private network bandwidth is not counted.

@huabalance said:
    can i buy extra NVME space on NVME plan?

Already answered earlier in the thread.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • It's really nice to upgrade existing customers plan. Plus the offer is so tempting.

• @hosthatch said: An open ticket is considered an order and cannot be changed/cancelled without our discretion. All orders are final. If you decide to close the ticket and think we won't notice, and we might not in the next few days, there is still the chance that we'll notice later and it won't really be nice.

Something tells me there still will be quite a few instances of that. There is a reason good things don't last.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • When will be flash sale ?

@K4Y5 said:

Something tells me there still will be quite a few instances of that. There is a reason good things don't last.

Yeah....

I recently found out someone was paying $40 instead of $84 per year from a couple years for a 3 TB plan.

Looked further into it, found out he opened a ticket asking for the "3 TB plan with $40/year". We didn't double-check before provisioning since we are doing hundreds/thousands of VMs manually - and he got that provisioned. It's our error for not catching his lie, but damn...

We recently contacted him about it asking to move over to a new VM or down-size, he closed the ticket thinking we wouldn't notice.

Will likely end up in a refund of his remaining time and a goodbye forever with this attitude on such discounted services.

• @davi said: When will be flash sale ?

In 20 minutes.

Thanked by 3davi JamesF RedSox
  • @hosthatch Where post flash sale? here (this trid) or ...?

• @hosthatch said: we are doing hundreds/thousands of VMs manually -

WOW.... great stuff. its not often i get this excited.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2020

@hosthatch said: the performance will be very good thanks to our 10G private network (soon to be 40G) with jumbo frames.

Sounds fun.

Storage VPSs can be in same cabinet/rack as NVMe ones, but not on the same node, right?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@K4Y5 said:

@hosthatch said: An open ticket is considered an order and cannot be changed/cancelled without our discretion. All orders are final. If you decide to close the ticket and think we won't notice, and we might not in the next few days, there is still the chance that we'll notice later and it won't really be nice.

From what I've read here in the last 48h, I'm quite surprised (and thankful) that providers still join the rumble year for year. Not sure if it's worth it considering the amount of fraud and tickets because of people not reading the offers etc., they're facing.

@pbx said:

Storage VPSs can be in same cabinet/rack as NVMe ones, but not on the same node, right?

Yes exactly

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @hosthatch said: For existing customers:

Thank you for being part of our family.... you will have another 10% off.

Hi,

If I'm an existing and happy customer with the active service and ordered two additional VPSes for $60+$30/y I have to deposit $81 ($90-10%). Is that right?