Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Oslo vs Stockholm, which one would you get?

• ardaarda Member
    edited November 2020

Awesome, thanks again

Paid and Ticket created

Can't wait to reach to my new virtual server :smiley:

• @v3ng said:

I would definitely go with Stockholm, since GleSYS/Portlane is a Sweden local provider, which should have more efficient routes than M247 (which is used in locations except STO/AMS/LAX/CHI/SYD)

Thanked by 2v3ng pbx
  • Hello, I opened the ticket, please reply to me as soon as possible, thank you.
    ticket#119350

• @Chocoweb said:

@v3ng said:

I would definitely go with Stockholm, since GleSYS/Portlane is a Sweden local provider, which should have more efficient routes than M247 (which is used in locations except STO/AMS/LAX/CHI/SYD)

Are you sure Interxion (Vienna(Zurich) is also routed through M247?

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2020

@webcraft said: Interxion

It seems like it is; their NYC location as well surprisingly (but @sin said the network was great there).

• @webcraft said:
    Are you sure Interxion (Vienna(Zurich) is also routed through M247?

You can find network tests here: https://hosthatch.com/features

If my understanding is correct, Interxion just provides the building and electricity etc. (and it should be pretty reliable), the network transit is provided by M247.

• PilzbaumPilzbaum Member
    edited November 2020

EDIT: Snipped out

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@pbx said:

@webcraft said: Interxion

It seems like it is; their NYC location as well surprisingly (but @sin said the network was great there).

Exactly - because it is great. In every location we have with them. And I have made this claim many times before: please find a provider with better network performance in any of the locations we are in. Let us know and we will make any routing changes needed. This is not an empty claim - just because we do LET promos once an year does not mean we are using cheap anything.

In a lot of cases, we pay more to be with M247 in those top end datacenters, then we would have to pay to a local provider in the area. We also beat a lot of 'local' providers in many regions on network performance. In the past 3 or so years we've had Oslo and Vienna for example - I can literally count the number of network related complaints on one hand.

M247 gets a lot of hate largely because it is cool to hate them, like if you didn't hate Justin Bieber 10 years ago, you wouldn't be considered cool. Some of the hate is justified with all of the strange VPN companies that use them, but the network performance you get through us vs what you would potentially get directly with them (or through another company on their network) is vastly different. Also note that in many cases routing to M247 directly and HostHatch may be different, because we disable certain carriers/routes that we don't like. And that is not just with them, we do that with most of our other upstreams too. We are going to list all carriers we use per location on our website.

When you buy a service from us - we are the responsible party, not our upstreams. If you have any problems, you can contact us - and we will get it resolved for you, regardless of what may be going on at any of our upstreams. And since our promise is excellent. premium connectivity, that is exactly what you will have, nothing less.

We have very (very) high standards for any company that we use as a supplier, since those decisions have nothing to do at all with the money that we would make on LET promotions - but what our larger customers with bigger deployments are paying.

• @Abdullah , what is the best location for the hetzner germany connectivity?

• @FrankZ said:

@refik said: @Abdullah are you offering DA license with VPS?

That would be sweet with the 8GB & 16GB NVMe. Say it is so!

No answer on this yet?

edited November 2020

@Mrali said:

@Abdullah said:

@Mrali said:

What I mean is, Can you help me delete the original server (Special Storage 750-STO, 35 USD), and then open a new server for me (this Black Friday Storage deals , 40 USD), no need to backup data, and I can pay the difference.

We should be able to upgrade your existing server without deleting it.

If it's true, that's great, I love you! @Abdullah
    I have sent a ticket #790839, I hope you can help me handle it, thank you very much!

We can indeed upgrade an existing server. But we cannot move it to another location.

@thedp said: Will there be new deals once the location is decided? Or do we have to deposit the amount based on these current deals as a placeholder?

Curious about this one too, could we deposit the amount based on current deals or there will be new ones? I myself I'm interested in the $15/year plan.

No, for several reasons.

• We are not sure when exactly we will be live there. It might be first week of Jan, or first week of March if somethings go wrong. In all of our existing pre-order locations, we already have our kits there.
    • BF promotions are only for BF. We will likely do smaller promotions when we launch those locations, but nothing like these promos (not even close).

@ofit said:

@Abdullah
    That mean if i ordered my Storage 750GB on summer (not on BF) i can't upgrade to 1TB BF?

You can upgrade sir. :)

@fragpic said:
    @Abdullah

Btw, any plan to offer a cheap low resource VPS like 0.5gb ram, 1cpu and 5gb disk as a flash deal?
    I think someone else in this thread was also asking. It would be perfect to use as a Kubernetes control plane or a cloud router for the other VPS, especially useful since you have private networking enabled.

Yes, in a flash deal perhaps - but for the most part, we are mostly interested in larger VMs / less per node - and more happy customers.

@PandoGulf said:

It means it will be sold out in minutes.

Okay. Will be fully ready when Abdullah wakes up, seems like it's a night time in the Unuted States.

I believe he is in EU as he mentioned earlier that the flash might start in morning time of CET.

I usually live in 3-4 different timezones per year depending on where life takes me. But at the moment - in Saint Petersburg, Russia (if anyone wants to grab a coffee or a beer.....or something stronger)

@Bottaxx said:
    Recurrung?

Everything we do is recurring. There are no marketing gimmicks here.

@relentlessdoppelgang said:
    You're willing to price match even some ridiculously cheap, rare to get offers as long as they are from reputable providers?

Invoice or LET post of the provider is enough proof that they offered that?

I'll pm you if you don't mind.

Edit: Nevermind, it's openvz. But even half the storage would still be cheaper than your offer.

For the most part - yes. We can beat anyone on storage (other than that one guy, you know who). But not limited/flash sorts of deals. I gave an example earlier - if I have 40 TB storage and 3 GB RAM left on a node - instead of wasting it, I can sell 2 VMs at $10/m with 20 TB storage each, so it will be the best trade deal in the history of trade deals - but can we really scale it? Can we build new capacity and make money on that pricing?

At our pricing in this promo - you can deploy 1 PB with us, and we're still good to go. We can scale it as much as we want.

@smile93 said:
    @Abdullah Can I upgrate last year BF2019 NVMe 1 GB to higher spec by paying the different.

Si

--

Hope I answered everyone. Please remind me of your question if I missed it.

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said: Yes, in a flash deal perhaps

This would be awesome. Can you tell us when you'll start posting flash deals so I can try and plan to stay awake?

Also, do you have any plans to come to India?

• @fragpic said:

This would be awesome. Can you tell us when you'll start posting flash deals so I can try and plan to stay awake?

16 CET

• @webcraft said:

@FrankZ said:

@refik said: @Abdullah are you offering DA license with VPS?

That would be sweet with the 8GB & 16GB NVMe. Say it is so!

No answer on this yet?

And in addition to this, can we upgrade individual parts like CPU or RAM?

• @cez said:
    Great offers! Will have to order another of those nvme :)

@Abdullah My BF storage server from 2018 has 2xCPU, 2.5GB RAM, and 2,5TB. Can that still be upgraded in some way? Thanks!

@Abdullah Missed this question. Asking cause this years offer has 1 less core compared to what I have today,
    Thanks!

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited November 2020

Recommended provider.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • If I bought Storage VPS 1TB ($40/yr), could I upgrade it to 3 TB ($84/yr) with the spec on first post?

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited November 2020

Thank you! that's not too late for me

• MraliMrali Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

@Mrali said:

@Abdullah said:

@Mrali said:

What I mean is, Can you help me delete the original server (Special Storage 750-STO, 35 USD), and then open a new server for me (this Black Friday Storage deals , 40 USD), no need to backup data, and I can pay the difference.

We should be able to upgrade your existing server without deleting it.

If it's true, that's great, I love you! @Abdullah
    I have sent a ticket #790839, I hope you can help me handle it, thank you very much!

We can indeed upgrade an existing server. But we cannot move it to another location.

So I applied to cancel the existing server and create a new one for me.
    I’m so sorry for the inconvenience to you, But I have no choice. The existing network is really unfriendly to me. I have been shut down for a month……I really need you to help me.
    Ticket #790839

@fragpic said:

I would love to one day hopefully :)

As for HostHatch - I don't think in the near future. We like to keep our plans as uniform as possible across all of our locations. Companies like DigitalOcean can afford to do this in India, we would just go bankrupt or would have to offer a completely different product than our existing ones.

@webcraft said:
    No answer on this yet?

And in addition to this, can we upgrade individual parts like CPU or RAM?

We do not offer internal DA at the moment, but I will look into this and perhaps we will offer it in the future.

We do not offer individual resource upgrades. It is not worth making an extra few $ to fill a niche that very small percentage of customers want, especially since it screws up our internal monitoring per VM/plan for abuse, etc.

(Also it is really bugging me that no one is excited about us providing BGP sessions in 15 locations haha)

@chocolateshirt said:
    If I bought Storage VPS 1TB ($40/yr), could I upgrade it to 3 TB ($84/yr) with the spec on first post?

Yes - depending on availability of storage on the node you are on, at the time you want to order, but shouldn't be a problem :)

• @Abdullah said: Everything we do is recurring. There are no marketing gimmicks here.

Thanks. Got one: ticket #771813

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said: it is really bugging me that no one is excited about us providing BGP sessions in 15 locations haha

WE ARE!

edit: but too broke to grab a VPS in each location :wink:

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one

• @Abdullah

654043 o:)

• @Abdullah said: I would love to one day hopefully

As for HostHatch - I don't think in the near future. We like to keep our plans as uniform as possible across all of our locations. Companies like DigitalOcean can afford to do this in India, we would just go bankrupt or would have to offer a completely different product than our existing ones.

Lol, you should definitely visit.

As for HostHatch, if you're interested, I know someone on the management team at a Tier 4 datacenter in my city and can try and put you in touch with them to see if you can work something out.
    I'm not sure why India is so expensive for hosting providers when internet bandwidth is super cheap and same goes for people and power.

Thanked by 2Galeej hosthatch
  • @fragpic said:

@Abdullah said: I would love to one day hopefully

Lol, you should definitely visit.

As for HostHatch, if you're interested, I know someone on the management team at a Tier 4 datacenter in my city and can try and put you in touch with them to see if you can work something out.
    I'm not sure why India is so expensive for hosting providers when internet bandwidth is super cheap and same goes for people and power.

Would love to have them in India

@pbx said:

@Abdullah said: it is really bugging me that no one is excited about us providing BGP sessions in 15 locations haha

WE ARE!

edit: but too broke to grab a VPS in each location :wink:

Yes - but you don't need a VPS in each location. There's no such requirement.

You can do it in one location, 2, 3 or all of them - up to you.

The only restriction on the "all locations" deal is that you get 30% off if you order one VM per location, but no restrictions on BGP or any other feature of having to get more VMs.

@cez said:

@cez said:

@Abdullah My BF storage server from 2018 has 2xCPU, 2.5GB RAM, and 2,5TB. Can that still be upgraded in some way? Thanks!

@Abdullah Missed this question. Asking cause this years offer has 1 less core compared to what I have today,
    Thanks!

Hmm not sure what you mean - I think this year has 1 more core, not one less, along with more RAM, storage and bandwidth?

@Mrali said:

So I applied to cancel the existing server and create a new one for me.
    I’m so sorry for the inconvenience to you, But I have no choice. The existing network is really unfriendly to me. I have been shut down for a month……I really need you to help me.
    Ticket #790839

I'm sorry but we have a limit to how flexible we can be.

We're already offering upgrades for previous customers because we want to give back to our loyal customers. Most providers will never upgrade previously sold plans in the middle of the billing term, and we have never done it before either. We are being extra nice this time around.

But we cannot cancel your old server and create a new one in a different location. We do not allow moving locations on these plans. Sorry.

@davi said:
    If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one

Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket

Thanked by 4RedSox pbx davi BBTN
  • 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

Are this still available in Sydney @Abdullah ??

• @cez said:

@cez said:

Thanks!

Hmm not sure what you mean - I think this year has 1 more core, not one less, along with more RAM, storage and bandwidth?

@Abdullah

BF 2018 - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153773/black-friday-2018-storage-and-nvme-deals-oslo-vienna-ny-ams-sto-lax
    2 CPU cores
    2.5 GB RAM
    2.5 TB storage
    6 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

BF 2020
    1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year