Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRAZY DEALS + CRAZY GIVEAWAY. THE HOTTEST BLACK FRIDAY THREAD. 40+ Prizes by RackNerd - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CRAZY DEALS + CRAZY GIVEAWAY. THE HOTTEST BLACK FRIDAY THREAD. 40+ Prizes by RackNerd

Comments

• such amazing deals! btw, may I have a custom KVM package for my personal project later (early December)?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@fazar said:
    such amazing deals! btw, may I have a custom KVM package for my personal project later (early December)?

Hi @fazar - we love making deals. Please email me [email protected] - we are here for you. And most of the time can work magic on custom deals.

Thanked by 1fazar
  • @dustinc said:

@kennsann said:

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:
    I have a vps and reseller hosting with rack, all I can say is, theyre one of my favorite hosts!

This means a lot to us. Thank you for working with us.

Wasnt a good start tho. But it was the opposite of the saying "everything was downhill from here". Everything just got better and better. Thanks for the awesomeness.

Quick question, whats the cpu on those bf offers? Are they ryzen, or depends on the location?

I am still playing catch up. Sorry for the tough start, glad things are working out and that we are now one of your favorite hosts. That means a lot to us.

For our Los Angeles location - our Windows nodes are Ryzen 3900x with Intel NVMe.

And for our Los Angeles Linux VPS nodes, they will be DUAL E5-2695v2, and the remaining locations are DUAL E5-2680v2.

All powerful configurations at the end of the day - if you're looking for something specific, we can always work out a custom deal :)

Left my comment when I went to bed and got a reply when I woke up. LOL. Nothing against it, just great to know that you still read everything on this thread.

Sad tho I didnt get a crack at that free vps promo while I was sleeping. :disappointed:

Anyway, love your service and your support team. I've had a few tickets with Anthony and others. But anthony has that personal touch that made me love the service. They've been handling my tickets very well.

Glad I gave you guys another chance with the reseller package. :)

Looking forward to get another VPS in chicago if I get a chance to get something free or before BF ends will likely still purchase :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Please double the bandwidth - invoice #748930

Thank you!

@kennsann said:

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:
    I have a vps and reseller hosting with rack, all I can say is, theyre one of my favorite hosts!

Wasnt a good start tho. But it was the opposite of the saying "everything was downhill from here". Everything just got better and better. Thanks for the awesomeness.

Quick question, whats the cpu on those bf offers? Are they ryzen, or depends on the location?

I am still playing catch up. Sorry for the tough start, glad things are working out and that we are now one of your favorite hosts. That means a lot to us.

For our Los Angeles location - our Windows nodes are Ryzen 3900x with Intel NVMe.

And for our Los Angeles Linux VPS nodes, they will be DUAL E5-2695v2, and the remaining locations are DUAL E5-2680v2.

All powerful configurations at the end of the day - if you're looking for something specific, we can always work out a custom deal :)

Left my comment when I went to bed and got a reply when I woke up. LOL. Nothing against it, just great to know that you still read everything on this thread.

Sad tho I didnt get a crack at that free vps promo while I was sleeping. :disappointed:

Anyway, love your service and your support team. I've had a few tickets with Anthony and others. But anthony has that personal touch that made me love the service. They've been handling my tickets very well.

Looking forward to get another VPS in chicago if I get a chance to get something free or before BF ends will likely still purchase :)

Awesome - we aren't done with the giveaways either so that's a good thing.

Anthony does very well, and the rest of the team - I always appreciate their willingness to go above and beyond.

I still understand there will be mistakes (we're all human) with due time. We still do very as you noticed. So that'll always reward us more than anything else. We believe in customer service, and of course, infrastructure being stable for production environments.

If we ever fail to meet your expectations, please let me know :)

• @dustinc said:

Hi @fazar - we love making deals. Please email me [email protected] - we are here for you. And most of the time can work magic on custom deals.

super awesome. thank you!

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited November 2020

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:

@dustinc said:

@kennsann said:

Awesome - we aren't done with the giveaways either so that's a good thing.

Anthony does very well, and the rest of the team - I always appreciate their willingness to go above and beyond.

I still understand there will be mistakes (we're all human) with due time. We still do very as you noticed. So that'll always reward us more than anything else. We believe in customer service, and of course, infrastructure being stable for production environments.

If we ever fail to meet your expectations, please let me know :)

Great, I still have a chance then. :)

Also till when can we purchase the promo and double the bandwidth?

Edit: NVM found out, 12/3/20. Awesome.

@hanulis said:
    Please double the bandwidth - invoice #748930

Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you for signing up.
    We've doubled your bandwidth allocation.

Thank You!!

• Good deal. I just signed up for a couple. Order Number is: 3065813834

• never tried racknerd... maybe i will...

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2020

Haha I just watched the video in the OP, the kiwi accent was not what I was expecting!!

@dahartigan said:
    Haha I just watched the video in the OP, the kiwi accent was not what I was expecting!!

Hhahaha, Dave is the man!

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@jugganuts said:
    never tried racknerd... maybe i will...

That'd be awesome :)

• @dustinc said:

@dahartigan said:

Hhahaha, Dave is the man!

Us Dave's are usually pretty good people lol

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You need to give away some of those RN shirts!

• Just here to put comment

@jtcx said:
    Good deal. I just signed up for a couple. Order Number is: 3065813834

@jtcx - nicely done :)

We just updated/doubled your bandwidth allocations on these services.

We sincerely appreciate your business.

@raindog308 said:
    You need to give away some of those RN shirts!

I like that idea :)

@Dazzle said:
    Just here to put comment

I love it! Sometimes making a presence is all that matters.

• Giving RN a try. Ordered 3 #748993

• I didn't get a reply, so trying again.

Order: 1123310521

Double bw please. Thank you.

@edgenoc said:
    Giving RN a try. Ordered 3 #748993

Thank you for giving us a shot. We sincerely appreciate your business.

We've upgraded your bandwidth allocation on each of your services, thank you!!

• Getting in a queue :D

@sandanista said:
    I didn't get a reply, so trying again.

Order: 1123310521

Double bw please. Thank you.

Hello, apologies - I must have missed posting the follow up. The bandwidth allocation has already been doubled.

Thank you for giving us a shot. We appreciate your business.

@levnode said:
    Getting in a queue :D

You're in :) Good luck.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited November 2020

@gabydup said:
    Any benchmarks for the KVMs?

`(curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash; curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash) 2>&1 | tee nench.log

nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh

benchmark timestamp: 2020-11-23 23:42:52 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores: 1
    Frequency: 2799.998 MHz
    RAM: 477Mi
    Swap: 511Mi
    Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-28-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda 15G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    3.572 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    5.907 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    2.221 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 70.9 us / 96.1 us / 23.5 ms / 145.3 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 22.9 k requests in 5.00 s, 5.60 GiB, 4.59 k iops, 1.12 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 590.32 MiB/s
    2nd run: 670.43 MiB/s
    3rd run: 672.34 MiB/s
    average: 644.37 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 192.3.81.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         91.83 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        21.20 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   28.04 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      24.85 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         61.65 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

benchmark timestamp: 2020-11-23 23:43:37 UTC
    `

Thanked by 1Xdos
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dustinc just wanted to compliment you on the video and giveaway. Very professionally done.

@HWAYS said:

@gabydup said:
    Any benchmarks for the KVMs?

`(curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash; curl -s wget.racing/nench.sh | bash) 2>&1 | tee nench.log

benchmark timestamp: 2020-11-23 23:42:52 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores: 1
    Frequency: 2799.998 MHz
    RAM: 477Mi
    Swap: 511Mi
    Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-28-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda 15G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    3.572 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    5.907 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    2.221 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 70.9 us / 96.1 us / 23.5 ms / 145.3 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 22.9 k requests in 5.00 s, 5.60 GiB, 4.59 k iops, 1.12 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 590.32 MiB/s
    2nd run: 670.43 MiB/s
    3rd run: 672.34 MiB/s
    average: 644.37 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 192.3.81.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         91.83 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        21.20 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   28.04 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      24.85 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         61.65 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

benchmark timestamp: 2020-11-23 23:43:37 UTC
    `

Looks good! Thank you for sharing this :)

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • I can see people glued to the thread & Checking the it right after waking up.
    Moreover the thread is generating a lot of interest. 7.5k+ views in less than 24 hours.

But i think things are getting a bit boring now (theyre not, but i like pressing dustinc now,lol). This calls for some more awesomeness :-D , dustinc, are we all getting somethin'?

Thanked by 1dustinc

@jbiloh said:
    @dustinc just wanted to compliment you on the video and giveaway. Very professionally done.

Thank you, Jon - this means a lot.

Appreciate the community you have here.