Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TimboJones said:
    Damn, I needed to forward 11.9k domains and will not pay for a second account!

I love that "unlimited" clause is basically, "if you find that you've hit a limit on your unlimited plan, you'll no longer be a customer".

Yeah I really struggle with the logic of it but I settled on:

• Strict limits effect everyone and reduce impulse buys
    • Undefined limit but the ability to break something impacted two people in 7 years
    Thanked by 2saibal dahartigan
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Is this final BlackFriday offer or something else will come in the coming days ??

• is there a way to backup emails or whole account?

• You must be doing well right now jar iv been setting up dns records for your mx domains all day for clients :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • I am using MX Route 2018 BF/CM deal which is $5/year and it has been absolutely wonderful so far. No complaints.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Is this final BlackFriday offer or something else will come in the coming days ??

No, this is Mxroute BF 2020.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

There's another offer of the black friday website you'll see. Have to wait and see for any more.

@Galeej said:
    is there a way to backup emails or whole account?

There are solutions for backing up over IMAP but not a customer facing backup system right now.

• I like MXRoute, but I like more: buying MXRoute services from resellers. This year alone I took 3 plans of MXRoute, but from different resellers.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited November 2020

Are there any major differences between these new plans and old cPanel ones? Besides the obvious offer specifics (e.g. domains, storage...).

Thanked by 1jar
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2020

@Chronic said:
    Are there any major differences between these new plans and old cPanel ones? Besides the obvious offer specifics (e.g. domains, storage...).

The main differences the new servers are DirectAdmin based not Cpanel.

Thanked by 1jar

@Chronic said:

All new product improvements are focused on the new DirectAdmin servers. The cPanel servers will be migrated into DirectAdmin so that they can benefit from the same. Better UX (especially for DKIM), rspamd instead of SA, just little things.

Thanked by 2Chronic commercial
  • Currently super happy with your previous lifetime deals. Unfortunately, I have only one life :(.

Thanked by 2jar webmaster24
  • @jar said: All new product improvements are focused on the new DirectAdmin servers. The cPanel servers will be migrated into DirectAdmin so that they can benefit from the same. Better UX (especially for DKIM), rspamd instead of SA, just little things.

Please dont if directadmin doesn't have suspending outgoing mails as cpanel does

@kkrajk said:

@jar said: All new product improvements are focused on the new DirectAdmin servers. The cPanel servers will be migrated into DirectAdmin so that they can benefit from the same. Better UX (especially for DKIM), rspamd instead of SA, just little things.

Please dont if directadmin doesn't have suspending outgoing mails as cpanel does

It doesn't but never hurts to put in a feature request with DA. Though I customize a lot, their updates are brought in.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jar ping me when your $5 comes out :)

I already have an email server, but it never hurts to get another one

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
  • I'm curious about your API, could I reset an email's password with it? lame question xd

Thanked by 2jar DA_Mark

@duckeeyuck said:
    I'm curious about your API, could I reset an email's password with it? lame question xd

It's the DirectAdmin API. I'm of the opinion that it isn't well documented but I do believe it could do that.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @duckeeyuck said:
    I'm curious about your API, could I reset an email's password with it? lame question xd

@jar said:

It's the DirectAdmin API. I'm of the opinion that it isn't well documented but I do believe it could do that.

Yes, it's possible. https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=514

Thanked by 1jar
  • Waiting for $1.5 year or $0.15 year.

Thanked by 2alilet lovelyserver

@dodheimsgard said:
    Waiting for $1.5 year or $0.15 year.

I don't normally announce what financial failure will look like but if you see me do that... 🤣

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @dodheimsgard said:

Pickup a life time. Depending on who lives longer, you never know....

Thanked by 1bdl
  • edited November 2020

@dodheimsgard said:

Paypal would take 25% from that price as transfer fee.

Though Jarland provide cheap enough $5/y plan, he will get only ~$4.5 as the rest were deducted for paypal fee.

• Happy user of last year $5 deal😄

• $15 per year is awesome and i see the deal can go as good as $5 per year? its gonna be an awesome blackfriday if we are getting $5 this year too.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Picked up one of the BF2018 deals. Tried using it for my forms on my website with python. Never could get it to work. Gave up and was still happy with the rest of the service. @jar took the time to help me troubleshoot it and found I'd set things up incorrectly (email formatting). For the price I'm paying I don't expect that kind of support. I haven't moved everything over from gmail apps but certainly wouldn't hesitate.

Thanked by 1jar
  • What would happen if I go over 300 emails per hour? Will those disappear or get queued for the next hour?

• The service is prem. I have both BF2019 plans (2GB and 25GB) and having being using both to great extents.

Thanked by 1jar

@lifehome said:
    What would happen if I go over 300 emails per hour? Will those disappear or get queued for the next hour?

You'll get an error back from the filter servers telling you that you've exceeded 300 per hour.

Thanked by 2kkrajk lifehome
  • @jar said:

@lifehome said:
    What would happen if I go over 300 emails per hour? Will those disappear or get queued for the next hour?

You'll get an error back from the filter servers telling you that you've exceeded 300 per hour.

Will it say that he's been a bad boy? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanked by 1jar

@user123 said: Will it say that he's been a bad boy? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you're into it, maybe.

Thanked by 1user123