Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM 1tb for 3 yers !! only 50 eur Located in Romania-Norway Limited Stoc ! - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM 1tb for 3 yers !! only 50 eur Located in Romania-Norway Limited Stoc !

Comments

• @cociu said:

@default said: In mid pandemic crysis, people must work like that, and do overtime for business survival, just because authorities of an European country can't do their job properly, punishing thousands of innocent customers for some single abuser (theoretically).

MAN BELEVE ME WE HAVE MOVE FISICALLY MORE THAN 100 SERVERS IN THE OLD LOCATIONS WITH MY employers PERSONAL CAR ... BELEVE ME THIS DAYS I HAVE CRY MANY TIME DUE OF STRESS ... SO FINNALY IS WORTH ?

I don't know. I can't possibly answer that question. Only you can answer such question.

For what is worth, I understand what you are going through. I have been a public person for 10 years in Romania. And then I left it all and ran away, never looking back, because of corruption.

• right now, offline again on my 85.x.x.x vps
    guess it will be normal until the lines are back to normal

• @thecookingsenpai said: right now, offline again on my 85.x.x.x vps

missing 2 node if my memory is good stor 4 and vel 4 and is in the way to the new locations because this ones was moved . so asking a little more patciense.

Thanked by 1thecookingsenpai
  • lorianlorian Member
    edited November 2020

@cociu said:
    be sure in this moment ii am not play with your key man , this is ridiculous ...

I never would say, that you, personal, would change anything at any coustumer's services.
    But as you were writing about SRI trying to install an wire-tapping device / "additional router", I thought about some kind of MITM...

Glad to hear, that you are able to work again and thanks for letting us stay updated.

• @lorian said:

@cociu said:
    be sure in this moment ii am not play with your key man , this is ridiculous ...

I never ever would say, that you, personal, would change anything at any coustumer's services.
    But as you were writing about SRI trying to install an wire-tapping device / "additional router", I thought about some kind of MITM...

Glad to hear, that you are able to work again and thanks for letting us stay updated.

Speaking of which... did you give in @cociu ? Did they install that wire-tapping router for traffic mirroring?

• @cociu said:

@thecookingsenpai said: right now, offline again on my 85.x.x.x vps

missing 2 node if my memory is good stor 4 and vel 4 and is in the way to the new locations because this ones was moved . so asking a little more patciense.

perfectly fine with that, i'm not in a hurry and I can wait (hope a continuos ping won't affect anything)

• @default said: Did they install that wire-tapping router for traffic mirroring?

here nobody will install nothing , in case this days will came i will definetly close this business , i am totaly not agree with such practice so ... be sure hostsoutions.ro in thath day will send a newsletter to our clients and inform them about all this. I am not obligated to cooperate with such agencies.

• @thecookingsenpai said: i'm not in a hurry and I can wait (hope a continuos ping won't affect anything)

lol , at least you make me to have a sonrise ...

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2020

@cociu said:
    Guys i guarantee my life , nothing was touched excet this 75 servers what is in the police custody right now , so once i will tell here a confirmation all is online if you find your server online this mean your server was not touch , i repeat some servers was powered down but NOBODY TOUCHED THE DATA. All this talk is up to you if you want to reinstall or not. Our whmcs is still down because was in the old location and my colleage is driving now to the new location so once will be here will be up , some minutes more.

Thanks for the feedback, but I stick to what I said.

DO NOT TRUST any system that was accessible to LEA/intelligence agencies. REINSTALL!

Well noted, I trust you - but your whole DC has been under LEA/SRI control for days or at least they had access to (almost?) every machine and your network.

Therefore what I'm using from HostSolutions - with whom I will stay - will not be operated under the normal assumption but under the "system in a hostile environment" assumption.
    I'm awfully sorry, cociu, and this is by not means mistrust against you but at least for the time being I can't ignore the fact that your DC was tainted and possibly poisoned by the romanian LEA/SRI thugs.

I strongly advise everyone with not utterly insignificant data to format their drive(s) and to install a fresh system. Any private and/or confidential data that were not encrypted should be assumed as breached. So, encrypt! Encrypt both data and traffic.

Thanked by 1default
  • @jsg said: the fact that your DC was tainted and possibly poisoned by the romanian LEA/SRI thugs.

yes maybe if i have been in your place i will have my dubts , any way no sri demonstred to be , here was some police guys from the criminal investigation , nobody was presend as sri but still ...

• Btw. I still cant SSH into my server, but reach it via the web. Anyone else having the same troubles?

@cociu said:

@jsg said: the fact that your DC was tainted and possibly poisoned by the romanian LEA/SRI thugs.

yes maybe if i have been in your place i will have my dubts , any way no sri demonstred to be , here was some police guys from the criminal investigation , nobody was presend as sri but still ...

Again, I'm awfully sorry, I really am - but while I do trust you I not only have zero trust in LEA/SRI but infact I'm based on the premise that they don't play legal and clean. As they just demonstrated so painfully for you!

Also note that spooks (like SRI) often come as LEA, electricians, and whatnot.

I sincerely wish you to fully come back on your feet again soon and to win in court and make those thugs pay for every penny of damage they've created to you and your business.

Thanked by 2default babibubebon
  • @jsg said: Also note that spooks (like SRI) often come as LEA, electricians, and whatnot.

• Lots of drama queens in here.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Good luck @cociu!

@cociu said: MAN BELEVE ME WE HAVE MOVE FISICALLY MORE THAN 100 SERVERS IN THE OLD LOCATIONS WITH MY employers PERSONAL CAR

Why do you have to move server to another location? Now that the servers that caused the problem are gone can't this location go fully back online? Did I miss something?

• sagaciouszusagaciouszu Member
    edited November 2020

Just signed up after seeing what had happened and wondering what was happening with my services.

Appreciate you being super open what's going on and as a customer of two or so years, do what you gotta do but remember to sleep and eat. You're not a robot, yet anyway. Take your time, and thank you keeping people updated.

• booting the last server guys ...

• @pbx said: Why do you have to move server to another location? Now that the servers that caused the problem are gone can't this location go fully back online? Did I miss something?

yesterday when we have see is durring more than a "normal investigation" we have move servers wich we had permision from police to ourr old location in order to put them onlin for this some customers had service starting from yesterday , so today after the investigation was done we move it bac because in the old location i had a line wich the upstream is not allow us to do bgp so what we have do is a tunnel with norway and anmounced the prefix of thath servers via norway.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @jsg said:
    I strongly advise everyone with not utterly insignificant data to format their drive(s) and to install a fresh system. Any private and/or confidential data that were not encrypted should be assumed as breached. So, encrypt! Encrypt both data and traffic.

Surely is better protect your valuable (business or private) DATA with using encrypted partitions, than not anything. But still all depend how they are smart, skilled or not lazy (mean if they are enough smart to catch content/data from ram where are also master keys resident for unlocked encrypted partitions then they will able read encrypted parts)

• @cociu said:
    booting the last server guys ...

Thank you for the hard work... have a good night

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @jixun said: have a good night

i wish this but until we check all to be in orden .... will be good morning . We have the last package of coffe so after consuming 3kg between 6 person ... and some for the police i think consume one kg more will not be a problem.

Thanked by 2pepa65 jixun

@miu said:

@jsg said:

Surely is better protect your valuable (business or private) DATA with using encrypted partitions, than not anything. But still all depend how they are smart, skilled or not lazy (mean if they are enough smart to catch content/data from ram where are also master keys resident for unlocked encrypted partitions then they will able read encrypted parts)

I have no reason to assume that they LN'ed all servers/nodes, but I don't have the confidence in law-ignoring "LEA" thugs to not have made "good use of an opportunity" (as seen by them).

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited November 2020

In any case, such insane and ruthless actions are ruining and even more killing many other, already drowning people who are currently fighting for every dollar and really for survival in general, at a time when fools and traitors in governments are destroying the economies of many countries with their "covid projects".

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • cociucociu Member
    edited November 2020

@miu said: In any case, such insane and ruthless actions are ruining and even more killing many already drowning people who are currently fighting for every dollar and survival in general, at a time when fools and traitors in governments are destroying the economies of many countries with the "covid project".

man , think , in romania we need to do declarations due of this after 23.00 , i have pay some people out of this business help us to move servers (not real employers) and i had to send them back in order to not be penalty because in the declaration we cannot put is a employer because in case is verif is false in declaration wich is not good .. so many factors was aginst us ... but we are here now and i really thanks to all people who was not press us this days because in reality right now have +200 tikets and i had at least 1000 calls , not mention our skype ...

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited November 2020

@jsg - please elaborate on how they are thugs? Apparently they had proper court order and apparently there was 75 servers full of bad stuff or relaying bad stuff. Perhaps, just perhaps, they did the best they could with the skills they had.

Now be very truthful replying to this analogy. If 5% of your workplace had a malware infection and it was increasing over time and you had no direct control over any of the users- I truly bet your first idea to implement is kill internet until you got a handle on the situation. Remember its increasing and its nasty, don't tell me you let all systems go wild until you figure out how to contain and eradicate without affecting any users.

I am presuming they just did the best they could- block the problem, identify the problem, remove problem, release things back to owner. All within bounds of court.

You can argue that they weren't mentally up to the task- that may be valid, but to call all of them thugs is asinine

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2020

@yoursunny said:

@default said:

@yoursunny said:
    2. Liquid nitrogen the servers. Powering down the router could cause illegal programs to self-destruct after losing connection. Liquid nitrogen preserves the evidence.

So you are trying to suggest that if connection drops, all data on the dedicated servers is deleted automatically? Or some fork bomb is initiated forcing a restart which no longer mounts the encrypted partition?

Well... if someone has the money to pay for 75 dedicated servers over 2 years, I can obviously assume they have such safety measures in place.

For maximum safety,

1. Store in RAM. Never write to disk.
    2. Organize the nodes as a DHT or other distributed network.
    3. Put no more than 10% of total nodes in one place.
    4. If a node loses connection to more than 30% of the network, it reboots and loses all content in RAM.

The content is striped:

1. You need 3 packets XOR'ed together to reconstruct a data segment.
    2. Each packet has 3 replicas.
    3. 3 replicas of 3 packets of a data segment are spread in 9 nodes in different locations.

If any location is taken offline, packets at this location will vanish, but the content network survives.
    If 3 locations (30%) go offline, the whole network shuts down.
    Investigators must liquid nitrogen 3 locations simultaneously to collect evidence of some data segments.

What is it exactly you think blasting the servers with liquid nitrogen will do that would allow them to practically retrieve data from the drives?

Edit: totally missed the RAM only in the very first point, lol. That wouldn't make sense for media consumption when everything is triplicated.

But they'd need to know ahead of time the infrastructure and reconstruction, which would take secret defense budget levels of money and time.

But then you just add encryption to your hypothetical and it's all moot.

You know the shit (CSI Cyber) you see on TV never makes sense and just needs to fool the type of person that watches CSI Cyber in the first place.

Thanked by 2miu yoursunny
  • @Unbelievable said: @jsg - please elaborate on how they are thugs? Apparently they had proper court order and apparently there was 75 servers full of bad stuff or relaying bad stuff. Perhaps, just perhaps, they did the best they could with the skills they had.

Now be very truthful replying to this analogy. If 5% of your workplace had a malware infection and it was increasing over time and you had no direct control over any of the users- I truly bet your first idea to implement is kill internet until you got a handle on the situation. Remember its increasing and its nasty, don't tell me you let all systems go wild until you figure out how to contain are eradicate without affecting any users.

I am presuming they just did the best they could- block the problem, identify the problem, remove problem, release things back to owner. All within bounds of court.

You can argue that they weren't mentally up to the task- that may be valid, but to call all of them thigs is asinine

really ? WTF MAN , came here like i am criminal , not tell us what is looking for only after the investigation was close ? this is a real atitudine in a business wich is supose to not have interruptions , what i can explain to hundred of patcients who made analisis and was not receive the results due of this abuse .... in some case delay 2 days the results of analisis is critical . DO NOT THINK IN HOSTSOLUTIONS IS ONLY LET PEOPLE OR BAD PEOPLE. I repeat , i am totaly agree to kill this pedofil or whatever is (for sure was videchat) because i have a girl with 2 years also and is cannot defend if is minor , but this not mean you have the right like autority to fuck 22 000 clients.

Thanked by 2miu dahartigan
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jsg Well, you either trust what he said or do not.
    I suspect he was on side the hole time they where doing stuff.

If you are not going to trust him and you suspect they have tampered with the server.
    They could also have modified the bios.. which renders a reinstall useless.

Not to speak of the network.
    A reinstall would be just a placebo in this case.

But I still don't get the point, why the entire network was killed.

Thanked by 1default
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited November 2020

There is a difference between being a thug and being incompetent. @jsg seems to think all LEA are thugs- they are not. I don't think you are bad people- I think they did the best they could to stop something evil that you had no control over. Their approach is probably really really bad, doesnt make them a thug- makes them stupid.

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2020

@Neoon said: @jsg Well, you either trust what he said or do not.

I suspect he was on side the hole time they where doing stuff.

i put my life like i told , i have been here all time , more was ask us for a "witness person" durring all the investigation. So except i dont see it i can bet my life. MORE if someone give a traceroute now will see we route all traffic via EUROWEB upstream for the moment wich is our top provider here and we never use it with this AS number because is verry expensive one and was keep only for some "top" clients for a premium service. I do this to not anmounce the profix via GTS in order to not have some mirroring in the other part. For the moment will stay like this and in some weeks we will swich the traffic back to gts. Nothing to hide but definetly not agree to be spy by any autority withowt a proper paper.