Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fliphost.net Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fliphost.net Down?

Comments

• @anthonysmith I've had no data loss, of course in can't speak for others on different nodes.

• @jarland said:
    If you plan on not paying your bills and not communicating with them about it I would recommend adding all DCs to that list. What a really shitty time to point the finger at Incero, or do you just like bitching?

Humans make mistakes, which just happened here. I expect DCs to make rational decisions at any situation, even when they think I won't be paying the next bill.

Hell, even OVH doesn't do such drastic actions and they have a lot smaller margin...

Thanked by 2Spencer TheLinuxBug
  • ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited November 2013

@AlexanderM said:
    I've also thought and known Incero to have a good network, whats wacky about it?

Incero doesn't own the DC, so they pay per circuit price. Which means they are entitled to use the entire circuit the whole month.. Whether they use 0A or 16A on a 20A circuit, they're still charged the same price.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@PcJamesy said:
    anthonysmith I've had no data loss, of course in can't speak for others on different nodes.

Good to hear :)

• @AlexanderM said:
    I've also thought and known Incero to have a good network, whats wacky about it?

The same thing that is wacky (wacky=sucks) about ColoCrossing's network: it's 2013 and they don't have IPv6

@Jack said
    the setup regarding IP routing is wacky.

Routing is definitely wacky. No IPv6 peers = No routing at all for IPv6 = no network connection for IPv6

change of topic: :P

today, November 16th, is the 2 year anniversary of Gordon saying "IPV6 isn't ready yet (we're ready, all our gear is, but the bandwidth providers aren't ready yet)."

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

DomainBop said: Routing is definitely wacky. No IPv6 peers = No routing at all for IPv6 = no network connection for IPv6

I think what he means is IPV6 isn't ready for prime time and honestly for production use either. Currently IPV6 is a performance degradation as ivp6 is defaulted to when its available, and not all carriers support it, you end up taking a less optimal route.

ipv4: https://stats.ams-ix.net/cgi-bin/stats/16all?log=totalall;png=daily
    ipv6: https://stats.ams-ix.net/cgi-bin/stats/sflow_grapher?type=ipv6;counter=bps;scale=normal;interval=daily

2terabits of IPV4 Traffic vs 20gbits of IPV6 Traffic on one of the largest internet exchanges.

Maybe in 2014 the rest of the world will hop on the IPV6 bandwagon.

Now back on topic as this thread is not about the Incero Network. If you guys would like to start a ipv6 discussion feel free to do so in another thread.

Thanked by 2Reece jar
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

While I am not happy about the hard shutdown the issue was ultimately my fault. Let's not turn this into a bashing thread.

• offloaded sql error @Fliphost

@isy44h112 Yes it broke when that server was powered off. It is being looked into.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DomainBop said: today, November 16th, is the 2 year anniversary of Gordon saying "IPV6 isn't ready yet (we're ready, all our gear is, but the bandwidth providers aren't ready yet)."

It is even worse when the guy promises something as part of a larger agreement and then, after you fulfill your part, refuses to implement it and stonewalls you while trying to charge nickels and dimes for manual work because his automated panels arent working.
    Incero does have a great network, though, let's hope they will improve customer service one day.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2013

EDIT: I do apologize for all the issues caused. It's our responsibility either way. The contract is between us and Incero, not customers. They shouldn't suffer due to our issues with it. Will take measures to improve on this.

It was basically 1 min overdue. Heck, not even giving people a day to attend to overdue invoices is totally out of hand.

There could be timezone issues and just reasons it was missed. Considering that Fliphost doesn't only have 1 server it's ridiculous.

Imagine if this was the government and their outsourced service provider shut them down for being 1 min overdue and the whole country ran out of power as a result.

These things don't happen at the enterprise world. Not for 1min. Imagine your phone not working because you missed paying for 1 min. I'm pretty sure someone gets a few days notice at least.

For those saying they pay for it: everyone pays for everything. It's part of the cost model. If the DC decides not to factor that in and factor in risks in order to charge peanuts that really just looks bad on them.

Incero has other quirky issues anyway. They wouldn't even look at something without you paying a fee for the ticket. Even if it's their problem, they add it back as credit. For a smaller host here, raising just a few tickets would take out their cashflow.

Do they expect customers to still host with them? Imagine your server gets shutdown completely because you missed an abuse ticket. This isn't how relationships are built.

I prefer being neutral and don't like to really go off commenting, but...

• @Infinity580 said:
    I can confirm that my box is also down....
    but CloudShards is up.

Even Colocrossing (who some say are ____) don't do this, so it's up. In LA and some newer Dallas deployments - we have our own equipment and don't shut ourselves down.

A product isn't just about specs nor price.

• Sack up, you didn't pay the bill buttercup, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day... you were late... don't toss this on your DC...

@Fliphost already stood up and took responsibility previously in this thread.

Thanked by 2Ruchirablog ryanarp
  • @connercg said:
    Sack up, you didn't pay the bill buttercup, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day... you were late... don't toss this on your DC...

Fliphost already stood up and took responsibility previously in this thread.

Actually they are both right in a way.

Yes, they were late on there bill. Opps, there fault.

However, comparing this to the VPS market, a customer misses there payment by one minute = instant deletion of VM? Does that sound remotely acceptable? No.

I understand that this is a great way to raise the flag up that you haven't payed, but 1 minute is a little much. I could accept a day after a bunch of emails.

Mun

• @connercg said:
    Sack up, you didn't pay the bill buttercup, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day... you were late... don't toss this on your DC...

If you read the first line of my post (which was edited before you posted) responsibility was already taken. That's not the point.

To note: it was an overdue invoice for 1 server. ALL servers were shut down.

@Mun said:
    However, comparing this to the VPS market, a customer misses there payment by one minute = instant deletion of VM? Does that sound remotely acceptable? No.

It's your whole account and ALL your VPS getting shut down.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2013

You didn't pay the bill. No need to drag someone else through the mud for it. You should have zero expectation of continued service after an invoice is past due unless a conversation was held about it previously. Had you asked for an additional 12 hours, who's to say you wouldn't have gotten it? You admitted your mistake, corrected it, move on. People make mistakes, people deal with the consequences, and they try not to do it again. Don't try to make your supplier share blame when it's your fault, it's immature at best.

Your supplier doesn't give two shits about what someone on a web forum would "prefer" to be their method of dealing with it. Fact of the matter is you didn't pay, you lost service. You don't have a leg to stand on to bad mouth someone else over it.

edited November 2013

@jarland

While the root issue was my fault I would be less annoyed if the hard shutdowns didn't corrupt my file systems and cause disks to drop out of raid. Simple network block would have worked.

Anyways I am done, I don't want to hurt or insult any other providers. Just providing my side.

@Fliphost said:
    jarland

While the root issue was my fault I would be less annoyed if the hard shutdowns didn't corrupt my file systems and cause disks to drop out of raid. Simple network block would have worked.

And that's what you should say in your support ticket. It's immature to bad mouth them when it's your fault. You corrected it and you were classy about it, but you and cloudshards here are border lining on taking the less classy route of "well it's my fault but it's really their fault." Don't burn your bridges.

edited November 2013

@jarland and I did do it in support ticket.

Anyways

/done>

Thanked by 1perennate

Maybe Gordon should start opening support tickets asking "How would you like me to terminate your service in the way that least impacts the services that you run on the hardware?" Then everybody can hug and hold hands and skip through a field of daisies.

Thanked by 2perennate ryanarp
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

@jarland said:
    And that's what you should say in your support ticket. It's immature to bad mouth them when it's your fault. You corrected it and you were classy about it, but you and cloudshards here are border lining on taking the less classy route of "well it's my fault but it's really their fault." Don't burn your bridges.

More like "it's our fault but they could have handled it better".

Their power, their network. Pay your damn bills you cheap hippies and stop bitching about how your service is terminated when you don't.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @perennate said:
    More like "it's our fault but they could have handled it better".

This. Fault has been admitted. Never denied any of that.

Thanked by 1perennate

Fault admitted but were you truthful? Was your invoice really 1 minute overdue? You wanna drag someone else through the mud, post the timestamps. Anyone asked for the other side of the story or does everyone just jump on and trust the first story told?

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @jarland have you ever looked at yourself? You sound so stuckup

Thanked by 1perennate
    edited November 2013

Either way, if one server is overdue, you do not shutdown all.
    Is this how you handle your customers ? One overdue bill for an add-on, such as IP or extra traffic and you close the account ?
    While I agree that if the invoice is overdue shutting down the server for which it was is perfectly fine (even powerdown I can live with), shutting down all is already retaliation and "i'll teach you a lesson" stuff.

Thanked by 2perennate Dylan
    edited November 2013

@Spencer said:
    jarland have you ever looked at yourself? You sound so stuckup

wtf do I care if you think I sound stuck up because I'm calling them on their bullshit? You got something intellectual to add or you just here throwing mud? Talk to me when you grow up.

Thanked by 1perennate

@Spencer said:
    jarland have you ever looked at yourself? You sound so stuckup

Leave him, he will feel better tomorrow.

Thanked by 2perennate Inglar
    edited November 2013

@Maounique said:
    Leave him

I'll feel better when they post screenshots of the invoice time and the payment time. I'm putting my money they weren't 1 minute overdue like cloudshards claims. I've dealt with the party they're trying to bad mouth and 1 minute overdue does not sound like him at all. So if they wanna talk shit, why not back it up? Unless they're exaggerating to pass blame, that is.

Adults admit their mistakes, kids always find a way to blame someone else. The in between of "well it's my fault but it's not" doesn't meet the requirements of the first.

Thanked by 1perennate
    edited November 2013

@jarland said:
    I've dealt with the party they're trying to bad mouth and 1 minute overdue does not sound like him at all.

Uncle dealt with that party too and it wasnt pretty. Perhaps they treat texans differently, who knows ?

Thanked by 1perennate
This discussion has been closed.