Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else trying to snag a Rasberry Pi? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else trying to snag a Rasberry Pi?

Comments

• oh i hope i will be able to get one before 2013 :P

• dwilddwild Member

They said that all orders made before the 18 april (so 3 day ago) would be fulfills before the end of June so you have nothing to fear. All orders are set to the 16 August (at least on Newark it is).

• I ordered my within 10 minutes of it being for sale.

I still haven't got it, and people who ordered days after me are getting theres before myn, my order is still on PROCESSING.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Daniel said: I still haven't got it, and people who ordered days after me are getting theres before myn, my order is still on PROCESSING.

did you use Farnell? I think RS got it first... I did it also quickly that day on Farnell, and not even a single news regarding orders

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2012

@netomx said: did you use Farnell? I think RS got it first... I did it also quickly that day on Farnell, and not even a single news regarding orders

Farnell UK indeed. I expected to get my one quickly, since all the RPi's deliveries are in the UK.

They keep changing my delivery date, now I cant even get one.

• They should just drop a batch to sites like dealextreme and buyincoins and let them handle the international sales...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @liam you are international. The designers might be in UK, but everything is built in China anyway.

• @liam i think this was only the first batch, that went to UK for EMC testing, etc.
    Next batches will go directly from China to farnell's and the other supplier's distribution centers worldwide.

• So anyone got a media centre working from it yet :p

• @rds100 said: @liam i think this was only the first batch, that went to UK for EMC testing, etc.

Next batches will go directly from China to farnell's and the other supplier's distribution centers worldwide.

No their all shipped to the UK.

• element14 is pleased to confirm that we received our first delivery of Raspberry Pi’s last Friday, April 13th, and that these were all shipped out the same day, or over the weekend, to customers across the globe

[snip]

We expect to receive our next shipment early in the first week of May. These are being shipped from our manufacturers directly to our global Distribution Centres to get them closer to you quicker, and shorten shipping times to your door.

From http://www.raspberrypi.org

• vedranvedran Veteran

We need more performance tests!

• u4iau4ia Member

@vedran said: We need more performance tests!

Anything specific you would like to see ran?

@Daniel said: Farnell UK indeed. I expected to get my one quickly, since all the RPi's deliveries are in the UK.

They keep changing my delivery date, now I cant even get one.

Where do you check the delivery date? I have just one email, when I ordered, saying: 16/04/2012

but RS ppl had got boards. Damn you Farnell!

• @u4ia said: Anything specific you would like to see ran?

Minecraft!

• u4iau4ia Member

@liam said: Did you get nginx running?

Not yet, they actually released a new Debian image yesterday, so I reimaged my SD card with that, haven't tried again, although I think that's what I'm doing next.

@bijan588 said: Minecraft!

with 256mb of ram? May work, but for few users

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • u4iau4ia Member
    edited April 2012

nginx works, had to comment out the IPv6 lines in sites-enabled/default

• @netomx said: Where do you check the delivery date? I have just one email, when I ordered, saying: 16/04/2012

I got 10 with constantly changing dates.

• @netomx said: with 256mb of ram? May work, but for few users

You'd kill the SD card in hours,

@Daniel said: I got 10 with constantly changing dates.

what order # you got??

• @u4ia said: nginx works, had to comment out the IPv6 lines in sites-enabled/default

PHP / PHP-FPM?

• @netomx said: what order # you got??

@Daniel said: 16454958

Mine is 16452007, and still BACK ORDER. So, I dont know what's happening :(

• If you ordered through Newark before April 18th, they re assured us that we would get ours before the end of June. They have in excess of 100,000 orders, don't think they would have been able to manufacture that many since the first batch went out recently.

@Legendlink said: If you ordered through Newark before April 18th, they re assured us that we would get ours before the end of June. They have in excess of 100,000 orders, don't think they would have been able to manufacture that many since the first batch went out recently.

I ordered 1 hour after it was officially on sale =P

• dwilddwild Member

@bijan588 said: Minecraft!

I tried Minecraft, it took 30 minutes to generate the map. I was able to connect but the map didn't load and I got a timeout.
    I compiled the source of Mineserver, the generation was fast, I was able to connect and I was able to hit a sheep 3 time (but with a lag of at least 10 seconds). After about 1 minute I got a timeout.

And there is 256 MB of ram but you share the ram with the GPU, you have 3 choice of ram share, 128/128, 192/64, 224/32. I had 224 MB of ram when I did the test but I think I had no swap.

My order was on Newark Canada, 7:32 later : 29/02/12 1:32 PM GMT and the Order Confirmation Number: 160006

The shipping was overnight, it was shipped monday and I got it thuesday morning. It's fun to play with it but it's still early to be able to do anything. There's no advantage to be in the first 10k.

If you need more information, I can provide it.

• @dwild said: And there is 256 MB of ram but you share the ram with the GPU

o_O!?!?!?
    What has to do the GPU with this?

Ok ok, but I guess here the people is talking about a minecraft server, not a client :P

• dwilddwild Member

@yomero said: Ok ok, but I guess here the people is talking about a minecraft server, not a client :P

I was talking about the server too. The client have no chance to run as we don't have access to the GPU and the client itself need much more ram. Like I said, I even tried Mineserver, a minecraft server made in C++.

The GPU don't have is own ram on the Raspberry Pi, it use the same ram as the CPU. You can decide how much it take on your ram.

@dwild said: There's no advantage to be in the first 10k.

It is... to pla with it :( damn you Farnell!!