Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Provider Poll HY1 2020 - Results - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Provider Poll HY1 2020 - Results

123457»

Comments

• @vinsanrock said:
    Hello

I have just been scammed by Nexusbytes out of $40 + $16.x paypal fee and nexusbytes deleted my accounts and server data.

Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@seriesn , anyone selling Popcorn ?

• @vinsanrock said:
    Hello

I have just been scammed by Nexusbytes out of $40 + $16.x paypal fee and nexusbytes deleted my accounts and server data.

Let me guess. You paid for service, abused it, got your account suspended, and now you're saying you were scammed? Just a wild guess.

• I paid for a vdedicated vps with 10TB bandwidth limit, say how i abuse ? Im not doing port scan or anything like that. I will post a review soon plz then give me an objective feedback

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2020

@yokowasis said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@t0ny0 said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

Let me guess. You paid for service, abused it, got your account suspended, and now you're saying you were scammed? Just a wild guess.

Ahh.....

I guess if mod choses to split to it's own thread, it's their call. But here you go,

Hello Friend ( @vinsanrock),

I kinda figured you would be posting on this forum as well. For the sake of typing, I will refer you as OP for this response,

Here is the TLDR; version.

• OP signed up on May 29th, on a customized plan which was quoted @$60/mo or $600/year (essentially 2 months free with 10 months payment, for any math gurus out here).
    • Op opened a ticket yesterday night ~11 am, complaining about very slow network locally and with a specific Aussie provider.

I just tested to have consistent slow upload speed to various locations (single upload thread)

I used speedtest.net through your vps to a nearby west los angel server and some in AU Brisbane servers, all had very slow (single thread) upload speed.
    Plz help me fix thanks.

Please note, OP is connecting from LA. OP claimed that speed test result he checked using speedtest.net was showing drasticly lower single threaded performance.

• Cool beans. Responded to the OP with in couple of minutes of opening ticket, asking to share IPERF3 result by running a simple command :
    curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fg

Since there's no throughput issue on our end and everything looked good. First idea was to see if somehow OP's port speed got limited by some software.

• Instead of coperating, OP's responded,

Can you please instead just check the network ? i have not changed any system settings so far over a month, it just happens suddenly now and it really affects the usage that this vps is intended for.

I have tested with my other vps's, my home server, ONLY this vps has problem. The same test to same destinations were tested during trial time and were fine plz don't make me go around !

• So I guess additional troubleshooting won't be an option? Cool beans. NP. We still went ahead and provided result from our end from he hostnode OP was on. Result copy pasted from the particular ticket response
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.25 Gbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.30 Gbits/sec  | 1.27 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 463 Mbits/sec   | 772 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 478 Mbits/sec   | 1.16 Gbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 704 Mbits/sec   | 461 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | busy            | 595 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.54 Gbits/sec  | 2.81 Gbits/sec
    Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 2.86 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 6.64 Gbits/sec  | 9.21 Gbits/sec

Note: OP's VM was on shared Gbit so some of the result might be "slightly" less vs this. But not as bad as OP claimed on the ticket. Anywho, OP was kind enough to share a screenshot of the result, which of course showed 0 issue and closely mimicked hostnodes result. To which, I was given the most epic response,

I DO NOT do business with Online.net, WorldStream or some random Velocity so don't ask me to test with them, you sounds just like my previous ISP when i reported speed problem.

Plz fix the network, Los angeles location cannot accept speed of 2-3Mbps to Brisbane tesltra Australia

• Alright, OP is getting frustrated. Can't blame him. I would be too, if things weren't as good as I hoped for. Plus networking can be confusing too right? So if I was the OP, I would probably try to work with the provider and assist them with troubleshooting to figure out the root cause. Ya know, MTR, trace etc. But whatever. Everyone has their own way.

But I wouldn't directly keep on rudely blaming the company who is trying to work with me. But nah, not our friend here. We are the root cause behind him loosing millions and millions of dollar. Cool cool.

• So I responded to OP and just going to copy paste my response

Hi <op's name> While I understand your frustration, I honestly believe that you are not being able to gasp how bandwidth throughput and the result works. There's no point of arguing back and forth nor trying to prove each other wrong. The end result will only result in added frustration for you and us. Here are my options for you, - While outside of the norm, based on the initial price quoted ($60/mo), I will be happy to process a prorated refund $360 to your paypal email address: <OP's paypal email address> and schedule termination for the 29th of September. - Migrate your service over to our APAC (Singapore) location. However, please note that the bandwidth cost is much higher over there and your monthly limit will be updated to reflect the adequate amount (5400 GB/month over shared 1Gbps). Please let me know which option works out the best for you and I will process that around 11 AM EDT (September 20th).

Quick note, OP signed up on May 29th, our refund policy is 48 hours, but anyone that knows me here, knows I don't like to mess with peoples money and I understand $1 is a lot of money is some country.

• Op agreed to get refunded since the transfer allocation was obviously lower (SG bandwidth is expensive).
    • Cool beans. I will do him a solid. But you know what, I can't just click a refund button now, it would totally mess up the back office book keeping. I mean, we are almost 4 months into the service.

Fine, sent him a direct payment via PayPal (For math nerds, initial service quote was $60/month or $600/year. Since the service is being canceled before the end of billing term, the refund amount was based on Total amount paid ($600)-Total cost of service for the used up service ($60x4). ). This was also explained to OP.

• But no sir, our OP wants to get refunded based on the discounted annual rate, while canceling mid cycle and while being out of the refund period.

• Thanks to years of experience, I had a gut feeling that the OP would try and file a dispute, so like anyone with a decent brain, I sent the money via Paypal as Good purchase and not to "friend", cause ya know, gotta protect my hard earned money.

• Lo and behold, PayPal dispute.

• Op, Your service wasn't deleted but rather suspended after you opened a dispute with paypal, despite us actually sending you $360 back as we explained. I/We told you that if you cancel the dispute, we will reactivate the service (check your email, in case you haven't) You can't have everything your way. Oh and ah, the comment that makes it all worth the drama,

how about u refund me for the time and labor i needed to move to another server ?

Right. I mean hey, us responding to tickets and managing all the aspects of servers and other part of business, which consumes time is free, am I right?

If anyone else feels like "We stole" someones hard earned money, (remember we are a business too), please feel free to correct me. I consider myself pretty pro-consumer and I built the brand with customer service as one of the core belief (without losing money of course).

All I am going to say is, if OP had put the same amount of effort in assisting us with troubleshooting instead of sending paragraphs and essays about how we are responsible for everything that is wrong in the world, on our helpdesk, paypal dispute and now this thread (I mean, OP literally signed up to lodge a complaint, instead you know, actually working with us on troubleshooting), we wouldn't be here reading his post nor my long ass response.

Wouldn't want to share the screenshots of our convo, but you know, I guess, OP will do the honor, since OP said,

@vinsanrock said: Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@vinsanrock said: Thank u and i will start a thread soon on my own. Im not airing an issue yet, simply asking for direction. U will see it how NexusBytes treated me soon

• @seriesn said:

@yokowasis said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

@t0ny0 said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

Ahh.....

I guess if mod choses to split to it's own thread, it's their call. But here you go,

Hello Friend ( @vinsanrock),

I kinda figured you would be posting on this forum as well. For the sake of typing, I will refer you as OP for this response,

Here is the TLDR; version.

• OP signed up on May 29th, on a customized plan which was quoted @$60/mo or $600/year (essentially 2 months free with 10 months payment, for any math gurus out here).
    • Op opened a ticket yesterday night ~11 am, complaining about very slow network locally and with a specific Aussie provider.

I just tested to have consistent slow upload speed to various locations (single upload thread)

I used speedtest.net through your vps to a nearby west los angel server and some in AU Brisbane servers, all had very slow (single thread) upload speed.
    Plz help me fix thanks.

Please note, OP is connecting from LA. OP claimed that speed test result he checked using speedtest.net was showing drasticly lower single threaded performance.

• Cool beans. Responded to the OP with in couple of minutes of opening ticket, asking to share IPERF3 result by running a simple command :
    curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fg

Since there's no throughput issue on our end and everything looked good. First idea was to see if somehow OP's port speed got limited by some software.

• Instead of coperating, OP's responded,

Can you please instead just check the network ? i have not changed any system settings so far over a month, it just happens suddenly now and it really affects the usage that this vps is intended for.

I have tested with my other vps's, my home server, ONLY this vps has problem. The same test to same destinations were tested during trial time and were fine plz don't make me go around !

• So I guess additional troubleshooting won't be an option? Cool beans. NP. We still went ahead and provided result from our end from he hostnode OP was on. Result copy pasted from the particular ticket response
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.25 Gbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.30 Gbits/sec  | 1.27 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 463 Mbits/sec   | 772 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 478 Mbits/sec   | 1.16 Gbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 704 Mbits/sec   | 461 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | busy            | 595 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.54 Gbits/sec  | 2.81 Gbits/sec
    Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 2.86 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 6.64 Gbits/sec  | 9.21 Gbits/sec

Note: OP's VM was on shared Gbit so some of the result might be "slightly" less vs this. But not as bad as OP claimed on the ticket. Anywho, OP was kind enough to share a screenshot of the result, which of course showed 0 issue and closely mimicked hostnodes result. To which, I was given the most epic response,

I DO NOT do business with Online.net, WorldStream or some random Velocity so don't ask me to test with them, you sounds just like my previous ISP when i reported speed problem.

Plz fix the network, Los angeles location cannot accept speed of 2-3Mbps to Brisbane tesltra Australia

• Alright, OP is getting frustrated. Can't blame him. I would be too, if things weren't as good as I hoped for. Plus networking can be confusing too right? So if I was the OP, I would probably try to work with the provider and assist them with troubleshooting to figure out the root cause. Ya know, MTR, trace etc. But whatever. Everyone has their own way.

But I wouldn't directly keep on rudely blaming the company who is trying to work with me. But nah, not our friend here. We are the root cause behind him loosing millions and millions of dollar. Cool cool.

• So I responded to OP and just going to copy paste my response

Hi <op's name> While I understand your frustration, I honestly believe that you are not being able to gasp how bandwidth throughput and the result works. There's no point of arguing back and forth nor trying to prove each other wrong. The end result will only result in added frustration for you and us. Here are my options for you, - While outside of the norm, based on the initial price quoted ($60/mo), I will be happy to process a prorated refund $360 to your paypal email address: <OP's paypal email address> and schedule termination for the 29th of September. - Migrate your service over to our APAC (Singapore) location. However, please note that the bandwidth cost is much higher over there and your monthly limit will be updated to reflect the adequate amount (5400 GB/month over shared 1Gbps). Please let me know which option works out the best for you and I will process that around 11 AM EDT (September 20th).

Quick note, OP signed up on May 29th, our refund policy is 48 hours, but anyone that knows me here, knows I don't like to mess with peoples money and I understand $1 is a lot of money is some country.

• Op agreed to get refunded since the transfer allocation was obviously lower (SG bandwidth is expensive).
    • Cool beans. I will do him a solid. But you know what, I can't just click a refund button now, it would totally mess up the back office book keeping. I mean, we are almost 4 months into the service.

Fine, sent him a direct payment via PayPal (For math nerds, initial service quote was $60/month or $600/year. Since the service is being canceled before the end of billing term, the refund amount was based on Total amount paid ($600)-Total cost of service for the used up service ($60x4). ). This was also explained to OP.

• But no sir, our OP wants to get refunded based on the discounted annual rate, while canceling mid cycle and while being out of the refund period.

• Thanks to years of experience, I had a gut feeling that the OP would try and file a dispute, so like anyone with a decent brain, I sent the money via Paypal as Good purchase and not to "friend", cause ya know, gotta protect my hard earned money.

• Lo and behold, PayPal dispute.

• Op, Your service wasn't deleted but rather suspended after you opened a dispute with paypal, despite us actually sending you $360 back as we explained. I/We told you that if you cancel the dispute, we will reactivate the service (check your email, in case you haven't) You can't have everything your way. Oh and ah, the comment that makes it all worth the drama,

how about u refund me for the time and labor i needed to move to another server ?

Right. I mean hey, us responding to tickets and managing all the aspects of servers and other part of business, which consumes time is free, am I right?

If anyone else feels like "We stole" someones hard earned money, (remember we are a business too), please feel free to correct me. I consider myself pretty pro-consumer and I built the brand with customer service as one of the core belief (without losing money of course).

All I am going to say is, if OP had put the same amount of effort in assisting us with troubleshooting instead of sending paragraphs and essays about how we are responsible for everything that is wrong in the world, on our helpdesk, paypal dispute and now this thread (I mean, OP literally signed up to lodge a complaint, instead you know, actually working with us on troubleshooting), we wouldn't be here reading his post nor my long ass response.

Wouldn't want to share the screenshots of our convo, but you know, I guess, OP will do the honor, since OP said,

@vinsanrock said: Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@vinsanrock said: Thank u and i will start a thread soon on my own. Im not airing an issue yet, simply asking for direction. U will see it how NexusBytes treated me soon

Why would you not just perform a part refund for the initial transaction? Sure it would help with the dispute now... Whereas now you have the initial transaction and you have the new transaction which I guess you'll open a dispute yourself to the customer but I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this since you still have a percentage that you could lose the dispute for the second transaction and lose the dispute for the initial transaction which would mean you would get double losses for no reason.

Sure it would have been better to just refund the amount from the initial transaction so that its recorded into PayPal.