Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

14567810»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joelgm they were turned off via software, isn't it?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

Shardhost was recently compromised and customers personal data leaked. This include also whmcs welcome mail with initial vps login data, correct? Woudn't with unauthorized turning servers back on DC accept also potential responsibility to put clients data at risk (eg. unauthorized access to vps, clients files stolen, etc..)? Not most likely outcome but in today's world still possible.
    I would think twice about every possible impact before touching anything I am not unauthorized for. (but then again, it's easy to talk for me, I haven't lost any data in this situation).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Crazy people don't know they are crazy, I am crazy but I know that I am crazy, .. how crazy is that?

Turn then on jon! :p

• Ok. Now down to 1 shouting

• @imagine said:
    I might be missing something - but other than the user being called ShardHostSarah over here, has there been any other link to this announcement and her?

Sarah had her name changed from ShardHost to ShardHostSarah a couple of weeks ago because more people were supposedly going to join here.

Thanked by 1TheRedFox
  • & Now after the company is dead, the same people behind shard are gonna come up a with different brand name bundled with some proxy ownership... Ah this vicious cycle.

Around 60% of vps hosts I have hosted with in the last 5 years are dead now. That is why I don't always go on shiny hardware; take a good look at the people behind a service before trusting them with your data & money.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • There's always more to the story than meets the eye.