Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$25 !! Datashack AMD Phenom II 840 4GB DDR3, 500GB, 20TB/1Gbit port - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$25 !! Datashack AMD Phenom II 840 4GB DDR3, 500GB, 20TB/1Gbit port

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited December 2013

The $25/mo Athlon X4 is back in stock if anyone is interested.

https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=235

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Sold out now..

• @earl said:
    Sold out now..

that was way too fast...maybe all bought to mine...LOL

• @JerryHou said:

Yup.. went pretty quick, as it should cause it's a pretty good deal :)

• More stock! grab it quick if anyone needs one..

• I am not spamming the thread - just comparing Passmark performance/Price:

Phenom - 2981
    Dual X5150 - 3487

It seems that the Delimiter deal of Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk is better bang per buck.

• @MarkTurner said:
    I am not spamming the thread - just comparing Passmark performance/Price:

Phenom - 2981
    Dual X5150 - 3487

It seems that the Delimiter deal of Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk is better bang per buck.

Not when you consider Delimiter requires a minimum quarterly/ yearly payments to get the discount..

Also Delimiter only includes 1 IP and 5TB probably on a 100Mbit port compared to DS 5 IP's and 20TB on a 1Gbit port.

While the CPU Mark for the X5150 maybe higher this processor does not support EPT compared to the X4 840 which includes RVI for nested VM's. Have to also mention most folks got provisioned on better CPU like the X4 965 then the advertised X4 840.

and maybe for peace of mind.. Datashack have a fairly good reputation!

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Well, it's sold out again! lol..

• earl said: Well, it's sold out again! lol..

Shit, that was quick! I waited a few minutes too long..

• Its all gigabit so performance isn't an issue. I didn't really mean to hijack your thread, it was more an observation.

The X5150 is an old processor so its VT-x without EPT, but with either processor you're not going to be doing much virtualisation with them. That would be hideously slow. Maybe for some personal VPS's or just for fun, but not commercially.

Datashack:
    Slower processor, more transfer
    4GB server - $25/month
    16GB upgrade - $10/month
    Total - $35/month

DelimiterVPS
    Faster processor, less transfer, dedicated KVM and remote power switch
    16GB server - $30/month ($20/month if paid quarterly)
    4 Extra IPs - $4/month
    Total $34/month if paid monthly ($24/month if paid quarterly)

Delimiter includes dedicated KVM and power switch, Datashack you probably have to request or pay extra for it.

Having been a sorry idiot with a server down after a kernel upgrade, I have thanked companies like OVH and Snelservers a million for including a dedicated KVM. Five minutes later I am back online, if I had to order one like once at Hetzner then its 2-3 hours before you get it and you're down the whole time (this was before they provided a virtual KVM - very very early days).

• earlearl Member
    edited December 2013

@ihatetonyy said:

I did say grab it quick :) If I find they have more stock I will post it here..

• earlearl Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:

If the iLO on the bl460 is anything like the bl465, I would rather they hook me up to the lantronix KVMoIP (which is free, if available) then have that.. That thing required a reboot every time you really need it, and the virtual media feature was pretty finicky!

Anyways I don't really have the motivation to bicker on whats better and what is not.. I don't work for DS so I could care less. I would probably have tried your services if not for the multiple warnings from members/admin on LET to proceed with caution. I take it Delimeter has had it's name tarnished for one reason or another.

Maybe if you are still around in a couple months to a year I may change my mind and try it out.. but for now, as tempting as it is, I would rather just pass.

• ILO is absolutely fine, I know that some of the v1 software releases were buggy, but since v1.9+ its been 100% stable. Remember the BL460/BL465 range is HP's main enterprise blade server.

I dont work for Delimiter but their parent company, I am engineer not a sales person. There definitely has been some history with Delimiter, some of it seems to be self inflicted, some just a victim of their early success. They were the first of VPS company to do unlimited data transfer and continue to offer it.

They've been doing VPS's for four years so they must be doing something right. At that age they are quite a dinosaur.

Delimiter (through Yomura) is one of the very few facility based providers. Most VPS providers rent servers from someone with some rackspace or sometimes directly from the datacentre owner; other rent some rack space and toss a few servers in a rack, or on the higher end rent a cage from a datacentre operator. Our facilities are our facilities, we're not in someone elses facility.

Will Delimiter still be here in a few months - of course it will. Its parent company keeps it well funded and gives it access to all of its sites and servers, so its cost base is very low.

I am not here to sell the benefits of Delimiter or even represent them. I was reticent to even post their offers because I wanted Steve to come on here so there was an official representative.

I was probably rude to hijack your thread, so I apologise. It was not intended to develop in the way it did.

• @MarkTurner said:
    I was probably rude to hijack your thread, so I apologise. It was not intended to develop in the way it did.

I welcome anyone who finds a good deal to post it here.. I have nothing to gain from Datashack getting more sales from this thread. My main intent is just to share a good deal with the folks on LET, so I don't really take offense to your post.

Anyhow, I just think that if you had the better offer, then it would have sold out by now. Kinda like this deal from DS, and pretty much any other decent deals that get's posted on LET. So must be missing something..

• @earl said:
    I did say grab it quick :) If I find they have more stock I will post it here..

If you find more stock PM lol im always keen

• @lukesUbuntu said:

Sure.. if I find there is stock I will let you know.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@earl said:
    More stock! grab it quick if anyone needs one..

Don't tell me what to do!

I did grab an atom from delimiter though. I mean $10/m it's hard to not try it :P

• @jarland said:
    I did grab an atom from delimiter though. I mean $10/m it's hard to not try it :P

you dedi SLUT! :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@earl said:
    you dedi SLUT! :)

You cut to the core of me, Baxter.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @Jarland

Anchorman was too funny.. you should watch "The Campaign" that was funny too.

• Damnit.

There's more servers in stock, but I managed to lock my dumb ass out of my account because I forgot my password -- and now that I've remembered it, the Phenom X6 they had is out of stock.

And I'm still locked out of Ubersmith.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Damnit.

There's more servers in stock, but I managed to lock my dumb ass out of my account because I forgot my password -- and now that I've remembered it, the Phenom X6 they had is out of stock.

And I'm still locked out of Ubersmith.

Maybe you can try the retrieve password option from the client panel..

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited December 2013

They're back again. Grabbed one. Looks like I got the last for this round.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    They're back again. Grabbed one. Looks like I got the last for this round.

Oh no, not again.

• I want the 1045T back =(

• The order form is limited to a /29 ip allocation

• @holyearth said:
    The order form is limited to a /29 ip allocation

Previously you could purchase blocks of IP's from the order page.. but recently this option seems to have been disabled..

You could probably put in a ticket after your order requesting more IP's..

• AMD Phenom II x6 1045t in stock

https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=145

Thanked by 1earl
  • Ordered one :)

• OOS again?