Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen!

Comments

• 1) Can we upgrade slices later on to higher plans?
    2) Are these ready for production?
    3) Are the mail ports etc open on the machines or is that going to be a problem? (contact forms etc on apps)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@partymonger said:
    1) Can we upgrade slices later on to higher plans?
    3) Are the mail ports etc open on the machines or is that going to be a problem? (contact forms etc on apps)

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.
    3) They're blocked but can be opened with a ticket.

Francisco

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@partymonger said:

-Yes, you can upgrade.
    -Yes, when in stock.
    -A ticket is needed to be submitted if you want to use mail ports.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited April 2020

AlienData_Josh said: -Yes, you can upgrade. -Yes, when in stock. -A ticket is needed to be submitted if you want to use mail ports.

I'm afraid you missed the Francisco part, but he fixed it for you.

Edit: don't wanna offtopic this too much, I know where to go when I'll need a service. Great change with a great timing.

Thanked by 1Francisco

He hit the enter button a few seconds before I did. ;)

• @Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.

Francisco

Is there any way to backup or Snapshot the whole server like Vultr? They have both.

• @Francisco said:

@usr123 said:

@msg7086 said:
    Got my Ryzen 3900X up and running!

Model name:          AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor

Would wish some email notifications beforehand. One of the slab didn't boot up after migration and ended up 8 hours of downtime before I wake up.

How did you get the slab to eventually show up? I have two VPS - one Ubuntu and the other Windows and the slab doesn't display on either and hasn't since the migration.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Slabs are A-OK In Ryzen land.

Francisco

FTFY

Thanked by 1Francisco

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.

Francisco

Is there any way to backup or Snapshot the whole server like Vultr? They have both.

Not yet but it's on the wish list. We actually overbuilt the amount of storage we have on each Ryzen node just to allow for backups/snapshots.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.

Francisco

Not yet but it's on the wish list. We actually overbuilt the amount of storage we have on each Ryzen node just to allow for backups/snapshots.

Francisco

Can you add it soon so I can sleep peacefully at night? 👀

• jlayjlay Member

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.

Francisco

Francisco

Get some slabs and take LVM snapshots :smiley:

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

@Francisco said:

@partymonger said:

1) Sure, no problem.
    2) Of course.

Francisco

Francisco

I'll move it up in priority :)

We have the old backups code from OpenVZ's around, I should be able to just chop out the node side bits to make it work for KVM w/o much issue.

Francisco

• @Francisco when will be there stock again for las vegas slices?

@mtsbatalha said:
    @Francisco when will be there stock again for las vegas slices?

Now?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    @Francisco when will be there stock again for las vegas slices?

Now?

Francisco

Means 512MB plan.

• @Francisco -- you are doing something right. Someone opened a support ticket on our site, asking about BuyVM stock. :open_mouth:

@DA_Mark said:
    @Francisco -- you are doing something right. Someone opened a support ticket on our site, asking about BuyVM stock. :open_mouth:

Ahahaha what

"Are these legal?" <- I'm assuming this question is why you now have a license verification page :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @Francisco said:

Ahahaha what

"Are these legal?" <- I'm assuming this question is why you now have a license verification page :pensive:

Nope... Nothing to do with that. It was just a support ticket asking about BuyVM stock. :neutral: I pointed him to https://buyvmstock.com/

Thanked by 1Francisco

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

Ahahaha what

"Are these legal?" <- I'm assuming this question is why you now have a license verification page :pensive:

Nope... Nothing to do with that. It was just a support ticket asking about BuyVM stock. :neutral: I pointed him to https://buyvmstock.com/

Just rename it to FranAdmin and call it a day.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @Francisco what are your managed service included?

Let's say I want a reverse proxy nginx docker with caching and cache all content (including html) based on url pattern.

And if someone accessing specific url, it will use different nginx docker.

Is this something that you / your staff can do, or is it just a basic installation, managing and setting?

And what about the offloaded mysql. Is it functional? For the price it looks good. Any catch or limitation?

yokowasis said: @Francisco what are your managed service included?

Let's say I want a reverse proxy nginx docker with caching and cache all content (including html) based on url pattern.

Is this something that you / your staff can do, or is it just a basic installation, managing and setting?

You'd have to be on a decent sized plan for me to look into that, but it's probably not something we'd do. For the most part our management will involve DA. I've done custom setups for some people but I'll usually require a year prepay. This is our compromise to a 'setup fee'.

yokowasis said: And what about the offloaded mysql. Is it functional? For the price it looks good. Any catch or limitation?

Works great. Don't be a dick.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

yokowasis said: And what about the offloaded mysql. Is it functional? For the price it looks good. Any catch or limitation?

Francisco

Francisco saying facts here. Thus the reason for being Top Provider.

Although that line will work with any provider in retrospect.

• Francisco said: I'll move it up in priority

Can you please add two-factor auth for Stallion too? It's been a feature request since at least 2014 :tongue:

• yokowasis said: Let's say I want a reverse proxy nginx docker with caching and cache all content (including html) based on url pattern.

This is pretty specific... I think only a fully managed host would help you with it. Try a freelancing site (Upwork, Fiverr, etc) or learn how to do it through the Nginx docs and forum posts? :)

• @Francisco said:

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

Ahahaha what

Just rename it to FranAdmin and call it a day.

Francisco

PonyAdmin or nothing!

• @Francisco said:

You'd have to be on a decent sized plan for me to look into that, but it's probably not something we'd do. For the most part our management will involve DA. I've done custom setups for some people but I'll usually require a year prepay. This is our compromise to a 'setup fee'.

Francisco

The thing is, everyone has different size of Dick. I have 17GB worth of mysql.

I am sorry, if I asked too much question. I just need to know whether I should jump provider and took all of my clients with me.

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited April 2020

@yokowasis said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

The thing is, everyone has different size of Dick. I have 17GB worth of mysql.

I am sorry, if I asked too much question. I just need to know whether I should jump provider and took all of my clients with me.

wow your 17cm, no problem at all.

yokowasis said: I am sorry, if I asked too much question. I just need to know whether I should jump provider and took all of my clients with me.

17GB isn't a big deal, but any idea what the q/s is?

Is the data properly index'd? Being a dick can also be "LOL, I'm scanning a table with 400,000 records with every query" because you haven't reached the 'INDEXes' part of your database course ;P

Francisco

• Any news about your New York IPv6 peering? Or, at least move your tunnel to New York to gain better latency

@Kousaka said:
    Any news about your New York IPv6 peering? Or, at least move your tunnel to New York to gain better latency

That's a very fair question.

I'll see if I can move it this weekend since we recently did the router reboot. The router should be able to form new sessions now.

Francisco

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited April 2020

@Francisco said:

yokowasis said: I am sorry, if I asked too much question. I just need to know whether I should jump provider and took all of my clients with me.

17GB isn't a big deal, but any idea what the q/s is?

Is the data properly index'd? Being a dick can also be "LOL, I'm scanning a table with 400,000 records with every query" because you haven't reached the 'INDEXes' part of your database course ;P

Francisco

The data is properly indexed. The query is about 25k query per hour on the morning (8 - 10 a.m. GMT +8).

It consumes worth of 4Ghz of CPU Power and 6GB of RAM.