Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yokowasis said:

@Francisco said:

yokowasis said: I am sorry, if I asked too much question. I just need to know whether I should jump provider and took all of my clients with me.

17GB isn't a big deal, but any idea what the q/s is?

Is the data properly index'd? Being a dick can also be "LOL, I'm scanning a table with 400,000 records with every query" because you haven't reached the 'INDEXes' part of your database course ;P

Francisco

The data is properly indexed. The query is about 25k query per hour on the morning (8 - 10 a.m. GMT +8)

so ~7q/s. If it's indexed then that's not a big deal at all :) Some bursts i'm sure.

It's NVME backed and has a decent bit of RAM.

Francisco

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@seriesn said:

@Francisco said:

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

Ahahaha what

"Are these legal?" <- I'm assuming this question is why you now have a license verification page :pensive:

Nope... Nothing to do with that. It was just a support ticket asking about BuyVM stock. :neutral: I pointed him to https://buyvmstock.com/

Just rename it to FranAdmin and call it a day.

Francisco

PonyAdmin or nothing!

BuyDA :wink:

• Sorry if I missed it, but what is the current status of the AMD migrations for NY and LU? I guess the latter is stuck for major reasons.

Also, where are slabs available now?

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • filefile Member

The great human malware has put a hold on NY and LU for Ryzen until things calm down, so they are as they have been. That applies to slabs as well, so only in LV still.

Thanked by 2o_be_one sgheghele
  • We need Slabs on LU @Francisco please make my dream come true

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

But... Corrona...

@DianTama said:
    We need Slabs on LU @Francisco please make my dream come true

We actually bought all the gear for LU slabs in February but 'rona put that on lockdown.

Right now the next place to get slabs is Miami. The coworkers/friends I'm around all day are OK with me going there but have all told me that if I go to NYC they're going to lock me outta the house for 2 weeks.

I've been working to find a couple people I can trust to do the Ryzen + Slabs rollout in NY on my behalf, but still finalizing that all.

Francisco

Thanked by 2o_be_one eva2000
  • edited May 2020

LU is most desirable location for new hardware. Do it first please! Riots cured Covid19.

• ElementElement Member

@Francisco said:

@DianTama said:

We actually bought all the gear for LU slabs in February but 'rona put that on lockdown.

Right now the next place to get slabs is Miami. The coworkers/friends I'm around all day are OK with me going there but have all told me that if I go to NYC they're going to lock me outta the house for 2 weeks.

I've been working to find a couple people I can trust to do the Ryzen + Slabs rollout in NY on my behalf, but still finalizing that all.

Francisco

Great news about Miami.

• iSkyiSky Member

@Francisco said:

@DianTama said:

Francisco

Hi @Francisco mind to reply my PM ?

Element said: Great news about Miami.

Yeah, it'll be a small deployment, mostly to feel things out. We've had a good few people asking for it with Magic Transit.

Francisco

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited May 2020

I'm happy now. I just, finally, was able to sign up for your service after 3 years of waiting :dizzy: so i signed up yearly to make it persitent :) I'd be happy to be able to order a bigger slice but sadly i cant cause its always out of stock :( I was only able to get the smallest slice in LV (location is fine, i just want the one for 3.5$). Is a later upgrade possible? Mayb for long-ass-term-LEB-members? :D

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • fLoofLoo Member

@Francisco

Uuh, now i'm kinda mad. I just received "Payment details mismatch - Email". Means: I have to use my paypal mail to sign up for your service. Sorry, but i've never seen such a practice throughout my 25 years of business.

Here is my explanation, why i let Karen cancel my order:

If your service is getting hacked by any means and customer data is stolen, i can atleast track down the spam-mail to your service. If i will use my primary mail, i cannot do this. Further i do not want my paypal-mail associated to any services.

Again, i'm sorry, but i cannot comply with your request. Sorry but i wish you best of luck with your new hardware.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

fLoo said: Sorry, but i've never seen such a practice throughout my 25 years of business.

Paypal requires that emails match for us to get chargeback protection if someone places a 'goods not received' claim.

I've let Karen know to let you through and also promoted you to a Premier account which exempts you from fraud/billing checks and auto provisions your orders.

Francisco

• That was 5 minutes for several actions + typing the actual reply.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited May 2020

@Francisco

Okay, i didnt expect that reaction either :+1: . I'll place a new order right now (i can even order the 3.5$ one).

Update: Placed a yearly order if you want to check and payed from my .de mail again. Service has been activated. Thank you so much!

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    That was 5 minutes for several actions + typing the actual reply.

When you wade through all the fuckups and memes I'm pretty good at my job.

Francisco

• @fLoo said:
    @Francisco

Uuh, now i'm kinda mad. I just received "Payment details mismatch - Email". Means: I have to use my paypal mail to sign up for your service. Sorry, but i've never seen such a practice throughout my 25 years of business.

Here is my explanation, why i let Karen cancel my order:

If your service is getting hacked by any means and customer data is stolen, i can atleast track down the spam-mail to your service. If i will use my primary mail, i cannot do this. Further i do not want my paypal-mail associated to any services.

Again, i'm sorry, but i cannot comply with your request. Sorry but i wish you best of luck with your new hardware.

i got that problem too before,
    but since Karen told me i can open multiple account, i open new account under new email

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@fLoo said:
    @Francisco

(i can even order the 3.5$ one).

@Francisco one for me pleaasee.. currently oos :(

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited May 2020

@francisco What is the correct process to upgrade to a bigger slice (when one is available, of course)? When a higher one was available, the “Upgrade/Downgrade” panel functionality was offering me IPs only. I want to grab a better one when available :smile:

@sgheghele said:
    @francisco What is the correct process to upgrade to a bigger slice (when one is available, of course)? When a higher one was available, the “Upgrade/Downgrade” panel functionality was offering me IPs only. I want to grab a better one when available :smile:

Put in a ticket my friend :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • @Francisco said:

@sgheghele said:

Put in a ticket my friend :)

Francisco

Thanks! And these are my benchs of SLICE 512. Impressive for a $2.00 VPS!

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -i4 && curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -i
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun May 31 03:44:26 EDT 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3792.872 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 477Mi
    Swap       : 511Mi
    Disk       : 9.3G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 256.41 MB/s  (64.1k) | 812.60 MB/s  (12.6k)
    Write      | 257.09 MB/s  (64.2k) | 816.88 MB/s  (12.7k)
    Total      | 513.50 MB/s (128.3k) | 1.62 GB/s    (25.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 1.22 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.56 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Write      | 1.28 GB/s     (2.5k) | 1.66 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Total      | 2.50 GB/s     (4.8k) | 3.23 GB/s     (3.1k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 4329
    Multi Core      | 4181
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15528593

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun May 31 03:47:45 EDT 2020

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3792.872 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 477Mi
    Swap       : 511Mi
    Disk       : 9.3G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 228.12 MB/s  (57.0k) | 878.84 MB/s  (13.7k)
    Write      | 228.72 MB/s  (57.1k) | 883.46 MB/s  (13.8k)
    Total      | 456.84 MB/s (114.2k) | 1.76 GB/s    (27.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 1.08 GB/s     (2.1k) | 866.96 MB/s    (846)
    Write      | 1.14 GB/s     (2.2k) | 924.70 MB/s    (903)
    Total      | 2.23 GB/s     (4.3k) | 1.79 GB/s     (1.7k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 922
    Multi Core      | 907
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2357740

• fLoofLoo Member

@Francisco Just as hint: Yesterday evening, ~ 2 hours after i've setup the Box, my transfer speeds were super low from my home-connection (Vodafone Germany) to you. Routing goes through HE. Today morning everything seems to be fine (I'm getting 180 Mbit down which is totally fine). Is HE congested throughout business hours?

Overall, great box. I'm planning to go for the storage slices as offsite backup-redundancy to my current Hetzner Storage Box.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited May 2020

@fLoo said:
    @Francisco Just as hint: Yesterday evening, ~ 2 hours after i've setup the Box, my transfer speeds were super low from my home-connection (Vodafone Germany) to you. Routing goes through HE. Today morning everything seems to be fine (I'm getting 180 Mbit down which is totally fine). Is HE congested throughout business hours?

I got the box the same moment as you (actually, a little bit earlier as I wasn’t blocked by their fraud system :smile:). I’m with DTAG and was getting ~150mbit from it yesterday evening. So it was working well. Your issue is definitely ISP and peering related. Plus, now we are in weird times for internet usage.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • fLoo said: I'm happy now. I just, finally, was able to sign up for your service after 3 years of waiting

oO? Didn't had to wait more than 1 month with buyvmstock notifications ; what kind of slice were you waiting?

fLoo said: I'm planning to go for the storage slices as offsite backup-redundancy to my current Hetzner Storage Box.

There is no more storage slice. Maybe you talk about block storage slabs? They are currently only available for LV location slices.

Enjoy your new product at BuyVM, this shit is fucking awesome :D! (bigup to Stallion, this panel is straight to the point how i like this to be!)

• Waldo19Waldo19 Member

@Francisco said:
    Right now the next place to get slabs is Miami.
    Francisco

Police cars were being set on fire last night. Things are unstable here at the moment. Hope you weren't coming anytime soon.

@Waldo19 said:

@Francisco said:
    Right now the next place to get slabs is Miami.
    Francisco

Police cars were being set on fire last night. Things are unstable here at the moment. Hope you weren't coming anytime soon.

Thats was in most cities.

I'm sure in a month when I get to Miami that it'll be calmer. I hope.

Francisco

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco
    Are you planning to offer dedicated server soon?
    Best regards

@mustafamw3 said:

@Francisco
    Are you planning to offer dedicated server soon?
    Best regards

Nope. If I was I wouldn't have sold the e3s :)

Francisco

• edited June 2020

Hi @Francisco, I sent you a PM on April 2019, but it seem you did not response. Below are the content:

I have problem with ordering new VPS from BuyVM. My account reported as fraud and banned. I triedto discuss with Karen regarding this issue, but from the discussion I can not use your service unless paid with crypto and I does not have any crypto.

So I requested Karen to close and delete my account in order to create new account with same data as my paypal account or my credit card. But in the end Karen reply to me that "If you have been reported, opening a new account in 6 months will have the same results."

Could you do something regarding this matter, Fran? Ticket ID: #920266.

I hope I can use your VPS on Las Vegas.

Update on 31 May 2020, I tried to login on my.frantech.ca but failed. Also reset password did not work (no email from my.frantech.ca)

Thanked by 1RedSox