Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing the BuyVM hardware refresh to AMD Ryzen!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

chocolateshirt said: Update on 31 May 2020, I tried to login on my.frantech.ca but failed. Also reset password did not work (no email from my.frantech.ca)

You have a metric crap load of fraudrecord listings (33 points worth) and aren't giving any feedback.

As of right now Karen's not going to take a gamble on a $2 box.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Foul TimboJones
  • @Francisco said:

chocolateshirt said: Update on 31 May 2020, I tried to login on my.frantech.ca but failed. Also reset password did not work (no email from my.frantech.ca)

You have a metric crap load of fraudrecord listings (33 points worth) and aren't giving any feedback.

Francisco

What the hell is that? Who added me to that listing?

• FoulFoul Member

Francisco said: As of right now Karen's not going to take a gamble on a $2 box.

But shoes Fran!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

What the hell is that? Who added me to that listing?

Chances are you did that yourself.

• Thank you for the cool help, @Francisco. Your awesome response fix the issue. Thumb :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • BuyVM in Miami?
    How can one get hooked up with that? :-)

@t0ny0 said:
    BuyVM in Miami?

It's probably a month out or so.

I need to finalize the gear (ryzen's, slabs, etc) and get it sent off.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@t0ny0 said:
    BuyVM in Miami?

It's probably a month out or so.

I need to finalize the gear (ryzen's, slabs, etc) and get it sent off.

Francisco

Sweet! Thank you!
    Most importantly - stay safe. We can all wait for slabs and Ryzens. If it ain't safe for you - it ain't worth the rush.

t0ny0 said: If it ain't safe for you - it ain't worth the rush.

Miami's safer in our eyes than NY when it comes to 'rona.

Francisco

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member
    edited June 2020

@Francisco said:

Not only that, but I've experienced fantastic network performance from Florida even though I'm on the opposite side of the continent. Maybe @Francisco can explain it, but when I use a Florida-based VPN I seem to get better pings & bandwidth than locations closer to me. It's why I'm not the least bit surprised he's going with a Miami location. There is something prem about it.. but if I'm wrong, I'm sure Fran won't be afraid to call me an idiot. :blush:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2020

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

Not only that, but I've experienced fantastic network performance from Florida even though I'm on the opposite side of the continent. Maybe @Francisco can explain it, but when I use a Florida-based VPN I seem to get better pings & bandwidth than locations closer to me. It's why I'm not the least bit surprised he's going with a Miami location. There is something prem about it.. but if I'm wrong, I'm sure Fran won't be afraid to call me an idiot. :blush:

Hi, while you are here, I am glad that direct admin is defaulted into php 7.2 when creating new account. 2 days ago I need to login into sub account to change it manually.

Also is there an API for the reseller to generate let's encrypt? As of right now I need to login into my client account and generate it for them. Which get boring fast when you need to deploy 3 websites almost every day.

Also @Francisco, is there a plan to enable nodejs? I see the icon, but can't use it

• Hey Francisco, if we have a E3 in Luxembourg, are we going to be able to switch/upgrade to Ryzen without having to order a new one when it arrives (also, do we have an ETA on it?), thanks!

@Tempest said:
    Hey Francisco, if we have a E3 in Luxembourg, are we going to be able to switch/upgrade to Ryzen without having to order a new one when it arrives (also, do we have an ETA on it?), thanks!

When it's ready we'll do a mass migration for everyone. You'll just have a few minutes of downtime as your VM reboots and get ryzen'd.

yokowasis said: Also @Francisco, is there a plan to enable nodejs? I see the icon, but can't use it

As of right now we're not offering it on Shared.

Maybe that'll change but as of now no.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Tempest
  • @DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

I'm in BC, and I get very nice pings to Seattle (12ms) and LA (40ms). Not so much south and east (70-85ms+). Another person from Alberta did say they get much better east coast pings than west coast, despite being physically closer to the west coast.

• @yokowasis said:

Also is there an API for the reseller to generate let's encrypt? As of right now I need to login into my client account and generate it for them. Which get boring fast when you need to deploy 3 websites almost every day.

Going to check with the devs/techs, and give you a proper answer. Mind if I PM? Since this is a BuyVM thread. :)

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member
    edited June 2020

@TimboJones said:

I'm in BC, and I get very nice pings to Seattle (12ms) and LA (40ms). Not so much south and east (70-85ms+). Another person from Alberta did say they get much better east coast pings than west coast, despite being physically closer to the west coast.

From here in Alberta, my best pings are to Vancouver/Seattle... can't really deny that. Nowhere close to 12ms though. 35-40ms is the best I can do.

For some reason I get really awesome latency to FL.. It beats most Eastern locations or south/central locations like Texas. Maybe my ISP has really awesome routing to there. Even if this is a special case situation, I still think it's awesome that @Francisco is expanding and offering such variety. Florida is way different than Nevada and New York, so I think he deserves some credit for mixing it up a bit. :smile:

• @DA_Mark said:

@TimboJones said:

From here in Alberta, my best pings are to Vancouver/Seattle... can't really deny that. Nowhere close to 12ms though. 35-40ms is the best I can do.

For some reason I get really awesome latency to FL.. It beats most Eastern locations or south/central locations like Texas. Maybe my ISP has really awesome routing to there. Even if this is a special case situation, I still think it's awesome that @Francisco is expanding and offering such variety. Florida is way different than Nevada and New York, so I think he deserves some credit for mixing it up a bit. :smile:

Snowbird fiber direct from cold Canada to hot Florida?

• MmeMme Member

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:
    Where is the stock notification website btw?

There is always stock on the 1st and 7th :)

Francisco

Would 4096 slice be available @ luxemborg too

edited June 2020

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Yes sir :)

Just as a fun pointer.

Backups/Snapshots are now available in Las Vegas! Snapshots are completely online and don't require any downtime to be taken.

If you'd like to take part in the scheduled backups that will run 3 times a week just drop me a PM with your IP.

Francisco

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco Awesome work! Keep it up!

• @Francisco said:

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Just as a fun pointer.

Backups/Snapshots are now available in Las Vegas! Snapshots are completely online and don't require any downtime to be taken.

If you'd like to take part in the scheduled backups that will run 3 times a week just drop me a PM with your IP.

Francisco

Ammmmmmmmmazing man :smile:

@MohamadSY said:

@Francisco said:

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Just as a fun pointer.

Francisco

Ammmmmmmmmazing man :smile:

It would've been if I had it working 5 years ago when I was trying to get backups working on OpenVZ :)

Still, i'm happy with it.

Francisco

• Hey pony @Francisco, are you still offering Anycast (DdoS protected) IP's if you have 3+ servers?

• madtbhmadtbh Member

@Francisco said:

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Just as a fun pointer.

Francisco

This is awesome news! What's included? Just the Slice and/or Block Storage? What's the price per month?

@madtbh said:

@Francisco said:

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Just as a fun pointer.

Francisco

This is awesome news! What's included? Just the Slice and/or Block Storage? What's the price per month?

Just the VPS.

It will be 10% of the base vps with minimum of $0.50 for 512 and 1gb plans.

Snapshots are already enabled if you want to tinker. Everyone gets 5.

Francisco

Thanked by 2NanoG6 madtbh
  • lurchlurch Member

@Francisco any updates on lu slabs?

• MmeMme Member

@Francisco said:

@Mme said:

@Francisco said:

@elliotc said:

Francisco

Just as a fun pointer.

Francisco

Thanks a million for the heads up

When is the scheduled backup and ryzen coming to luxemborg

• Please bring the cool stuff to Luxembourg!!!

Mme said: When is the scheduled backup and ryzen coming to luxemborg

'rona's stopping us from doing Ryzen over there for the time being.

Francisco

• SvenSven Member

When will ipv6 working again completely?