Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona Virus Fears? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corona Virus Fears?

Comments

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited March 2020

Pls don't take any antibiotics for flu symptoms... its a myth and they don't work.
    Gargling is good, alternate with warm salty water, Listerine and diluted Apple Cider Vinegar. It really works for sore throat.

• The theory that a lab animal was sold as meat doesn't seem fit at all. Labs, wherever, whatever are highly watched off places and would have layers of security. Someone taking out a lab specimen out from facility seems impossible, unless there are any dramatic sequences involved.
    The "leak" if it was, would be more susceptible from a human rather than a stolen lab animal.

The origin of the virus must be a mystery... but if at all, it is found out to be true that it went out through wild animals sold for exotic meat, it will really be all heads turned towards China and there will be serious consequences to their world over relations. Imagine a squint eyed guy standing by your side in a subway station, or in line to board a plane, how comfortable would you be at the sight after the "proven devastation" a particular community brought upon this world. That was my point.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited March 2020

Coronavirus in China did not originate in the Wuhan meat markets. There was a later cluster from the market, but a number of the very first patients had no contact with the meat markets.

The Western press continued with the meat market theory even when these facts had been published in reputable journals.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

As with all these theories from "conspiracy" web sites, you ought to follow their references and check them out, do your own extra research and form your own judgements. thelancet though is not a "conspiracy" website

It reminds me of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa where the disease was supposed to have been spread by bats and "bush meat" yet it was years after the outbreak was over that a virus which shared some features of Ebola was discovered in a single bat in the area - https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/01/bat-species-may-be-source-ebola-epidemic-killed-more-11000-people-west-africa.

The Zaire variant apparently jumped over a 1000 from Zaire to West Africa without infecting any of the countries in between. Why they kept on blaming bats when they Zaire strain had been established in human beings beats me. Even the link of the Zaire strain with bats in Central Africa itself is tenuous.

An animal infected with Ebola could claim that they caught it from human beings and they would be right, because it is in human beings that the virus is established.

• @Synatiq said:

@corbpie said:
    Any LET users got it yet?

I was just asked to isolate for the next 7 days at home, including my boyfriend. Can’t wait for all the Switch fun I am going to have.

Praying you get better soon.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • edited March 2020

mehargags said: The theory that a lab animal was sold as meat doesn't seem fit at all. Labs, wherever, whatever are highly watched off places and would have layers of security. Someone taking out a lab specimen out from facility seems impossible, unless there are any dramatic sequences involved.

A person (who may not be involved with this virus) was already prosecuted. He had been selling lab animals, and profited quite a bit.

• @greattomeetyou said:
    A person (who may not be involved with this virus) was already prosecuted. He had been selling lab animals, and profited quite a bit.

Scapegoat may be ?

Sources where I can read about it ?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

In Finland they declared state of emergency and borders will be closed

• @PulsedMedia said:

When coronavirus spreads everywhere closing borders will become meaningless, and that looks like it will happen sooner rather than later.

Only China and some of the nearby East Asian countries will have cause to close their borders because they will be the only countries whose infection rates will dropping be dropping when the other countries rates will be increasing

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

rchurch said: When coronavirus spreads everywhere closing borders will become meaningless, and that looks like it will happen sooner rather than later.

278 total confirmed cases in Finland. Martial law might be enacted Wednesday, tentatively so.

I might have to make a tinfoil hat at this time.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Some countries have been locked down now.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@thedp said:

Canada closed their borders today.

A brutal day in stock markets around the world. No sign that Tuesday will be any better, either.

Has anyone been watching the videos from Northern Italy as far as people waiting for grocers to open, etc? It's very concerning.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@niceboy said:
    @Synatiq Mix salt and a bit of baking soda in luke warm water and try gargling 3-4 times a day. Drink lots of warm water. Use cpm tablet + paracetamol 500Mg(I hope you are adult) with doctor recommended anti biotic on 3 or 5 days course. Take rest. (If you are feeling tired, try some ors or glucose).

Dont forget to consult your doc(Not hostdoc!) asap.

Get well and be back to community soon. God bless you bro!

Can confirm. Gargling with baking soda helps a ton. Also running it through your nose helps.

• edited March 2020

If bake soda doesn't work (like if you don't have any) - you can dissolve a shitload of salt in warm water and do the same.

• @jbiloh said:

@thedp said:

Canada closed their borders today.

A brutal day in stock markets around the world. No sign that Tuesday will be any better, either.

Has anyone been watching the videos from Northern Italy as far as people waiting for grocers to open, etc? It's very concerning.

The first few days following the government decrees that forced people to stay at home, paranoid groups of people have clogged and emptied the supermarkets, but now the flow of customers is normal and there is no problem of food supply, there is a virus, not a war or a famine, the food is produced normally and the goods circulate freely, the only very difficult thing to find are the masks.
    I'm in northern Italy and today I bought some food for my cats and we were 6/7 persons inside a big supermarket.

• @rchurch said:

@PulsedMedia said:

When coronavirus spreads everywhere closing borders will become meaningless, and that looks like it will happen sooner rather than later.

Only China and some of the nearby East Asian countries will have cause to close their borders because they will be the only countries whose infection rates will dropping be dropping when the other countries rates will be increasing

What? That makes NO sense, at all.

• yes, everything's running out of stock.
    Things are scary. And seems to get worsen.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@nodesec said:
    yes, everything's running out of stock.

Where? How?

Your comment seems so vague

• @netomx said:

@nodesec said:

Where? How?

I am from Nepal and we import most of the things from India and China.
    There no oil/petrol. The border has been closed. Most of the local factories and business stocks are out.

• @netomx said:

@nodesec said:

Where? How?

Haven't seen you around in ages! Hope you are doing well bud!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i have fear too

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Things are getting a bit concerning where I am at in the US, what mainly worries me is how this will affect small businesses if we are eventually told to stay indoors except to go grocery shopping.

The shelves here are fully stocked each morning but within an hour or two a number of things are gone already for the day: cases of water, TP, instant white rice, ramen, canned foods.

I'm hoping since the US halted sports, school, and large gatherings that this will not make things worse than they are.

Overall though things are not too bad right now just concerning, at least in my experience. Will be interesting to see how this continues to unfold

• @TimboJones said:

@rchurch said:

@PulsedMedia said:

What? That makes NO sense, at all.

Unless China is fiddling its figures, European countries now have infection rates way higher than China.

Italy has 1/3 of China's infected and 2/3 of its fatalities, inspite of having 1/50 of China's population.

When you exclude Hubei from China's figures European countries top the league, inspite of having a combinned population way below China's.

So outside Hubei, the Chinese have better cause for banning travel from Europe than Europeans have from China.

The point is when infection rates start to match across countries, it stops making sense to ban travel. Travel becomes an issue only if gathering in numbers in airports and being confined in airplanes increases the risk of infection.

• Id believe that China is getting on top of it. They control their people well plus the Chinese arent selfish, every-man for themselves type like the western world which causes the spread.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

@jbiloh said:

momkin said: BREAKING The first dose of a potential COVID-19 vaccine will be administered Monday, according to a government official.

Have a link to share? Thank you!

This, I guess.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@netomx hope you are ok <3

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SSDBlaze said: The shelves here are fully stocked each morning but within an hour or two a number of things are gone already for the day: cases of water, TP, instant white rice, ramen, canned foods.

Here's what I saw when i was at Wal-mart at 6am a couple days ago:

A very American-style panic LOL

Thanked by 3SSDBlaze pike vimalware
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

raindog308 said: A very American-style panic LOL

Yeah I've seen the same though the stores in my area of Florida are generally well stocked.

There is no question that people are scared, and that is unfortunately because the US government has failed miserably in explaining the virus, the risk factors, and why social distancing is required to help protect the older population, who is most at risk. When there is an absence of information people tend to think the worst.

@seriesn said:

@netomx said:

@nodesec said:

Where? How?

Haven't seen you around in ages! Hope you are doing well bud!

I'm just... doing.

Thank you

@MikePT said:
    @netomx hope you are ok <3

I will be

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Hows it going @Synatiq ?