Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 45
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

dTQzBen8 said: What really happen is billing servers dead and no one gets it. :wink:

At this point I'm really here for the adrenaline rush, rather than need for additional VPS. :smiley:

• @user123 said:
    OMG what a beast!

$97.27 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 12288MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 110GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 12000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Too big to take it, and wondering if it's virbot(TM) generated.

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2019

wow that's the BIGGEST bandwidth I've seen out of any flash deals

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@user123 said:
    OMG what a beast!

$97.27 /yr
    RAM 12288MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 110GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Nah, the SSD is > 10GB.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @Chronic said:

dTQzBen8 said: What really happen is billing servers dead and no one gets it. :wink:

At this point I'm really here for the adrenaline rush, not any particular need for a VPS. :smiley:

That's why we love shopping, we are pursuing adrenaline!

@user123 said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

@user123 said:
    OMG what a beast!

$97.27 /yr
    RAM 12288MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 110GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Nah, the SSD is > 10GB.

The bot had thrown many > 10GB deals, maybe it is "relmach" bot(TM) generated?

• Still waiting for the crazy buffalo deals....

• look at what the good Lord handed me

$97.27/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4 vCore
    12288MB RAM
    110GB SSD
    SEATTLE, WA
    12000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

• $24.14 /yr
    WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    RAM 1152MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED

• I think VirMach needs to speed up the deals now. Three per hour is way too slow. Make it 12 or at least 6 to spice things up.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

Give them time - they (him? her? who are you Mr VirMach?) said that if there will be enough time they will go with manual offers. Speeding it up now when it's not ready would be kinda stupid, don't you think? :)

• Yeah VirMach can take their time no problem. I am also not sleeping today :tongue:

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

FAT32 said: If I am the main reason the deals are not that exciting anymore

I'm not sure where you're making that correlation; the thing I said last night was a joke about the bot being broken.

The bot broke because I was tired and tried to change the algorithm and forgot to update something properly. Overall looking back, the deals seem better than the other auto-generated ones and sold better.

allen314 said: how to procedure LET Exclusives ? i wish a San Jose VPS if you could help, it will be great

We have a lot of San Jose space, probably for about 2,000 - 3,000 plans. But the servers haven't been set up, I'l try to get them going.

FAT32 said: Sorry if I hurt its / your feeling. Not to be greedy and just being honest, the deals are not near what is being offered last year, and also the year before.

Just a joke, but I still disagree with you on the deals. I don't think we had 10GB / 2 core
    KVM services for under $4. I even re-did some requested OpenVZ deals with the same exact specifications for the same exact price, in KVM, and that's not easy to do when one of them was 110GB disk. Which is fully dedicated, not "KVM Lite."

Sure there hasn't been a $0.99 a year OpenVZ or something like the 8/8/8 deal, but that 8/8/8 didn't really go as intended. I wasn't expecting people to snipe it and then become ticket scalpers, re-selling it for a high price. On top of that a lot of these "resellers" aren't even following through with a proper transfer request to bypass any of our important screening, or to avoid a $3 fee (even though this is extremely under-priced and if we actually charged for our time it'd be closer to $15.) This creates more problems, especially when the third party deal goes south. I'll try to think of a way of doing this, but it will most likely have to be with some sort of account lockdown/non-transfer or it needs a quantity limit per person / can't be recurring.

FAT32 said: 2017 - $17.50/yr / 5 vCPU / 5GB RAM / 5GB SSD
    2018 - $24/yr / 4 vCPU / 8GB RAM / 60GB SSD

You mention sub-$10 deals then you give these as examples. We did already have some deals that are a morph of those one way or another. No one's actually buying those type of plans though (low disk, high CPU) and these deal tracking websites are under-valuing some of those resources/miscalculating it so even if we were to list it no one would get the fire alarm notification. People complained about those type of deals as well and asked for less of them so we adjusted the bot to stop doing them with caps.

But I'll try to get these done for you if you believe they're good.

• $35.26 /yr
    RAM 4992MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 4500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

edited December 2019

dTQzBen8 said: Too big to take it, and wondering if it's virbot(TM) generated.

Yeah it's VirBot™ generated. Damn, we should register that trademark. And Soon™

• @VirMach said:

You mention sub-$10 deals then you give these as examples. We did already have some deals that are a morph of those one way or another. No one's actually buying those type of plans though (low disk, high CPU) and these deal tracking websites are under-valuing some of those resources/miscalculating it so even if we were to list it no one would get the fire alarm notification. People complained about those type of deals as well and asked for less of them so we adjusted the bot to stop doing them with caps.

But I'll try to get these done for you if you believe they're good.

I miss the high ssd low memory deals.

Like this one I got last year:

OpenVZ
    500 GB Bandwidth.
    768 MB Memory.
    30 GB SSD.

$6.22/year.

edited December 2019

donli said: I miss the high ssd low memory deals.

Do you guys realllly want me to adjust the bot or is this just a vocal minority? Because I can take off the caps but I feel liek we'll get constant "lol 5gb disk" comments.

Nevermind, misread that, okay. So some people want the low disk plans, some people want the high disk plans. I'll keep that in mind and I'll leave the bot the same.

• @VirMach said:

dTQzBen8 said: Too big to take it, and wondering if it's virbot(TM) generated.

Yeah it's VirBot™ generated. Damn, we should register that trademark. And Soon™

VirBot.com is registered since 2002

edited December 2019

donli said: OpenVZ
    500 GB Bandwidth.
    768 MB Memory.
    30 GB SSD.

$6.22/year.

The problem with this is the OpenVZ part. No one actually uses the disk. I can assure you the average usage on that plan was 6GB. But I guess psychologically it looks nice, so I'll try to get it done for you. But I really don't want our site to crash.

Edit: for the requested deals I've noticed people seem to be plugging in the exact specs and pricing into some type of purchase script they've created. I'm not going to take action against those users trying to bulk purchase them since we technically don't have any limits, but I may modify these requested packages a little bit to throw them off.

Edit2: I'm also going to see if I can get any kind of KVM Lite deal going.

• KernelPanicKernelPanic Member
    edited December 2019

@VirMach Any possibility of something similar (if not the same) but in Seattle for around $20.

8 core
    2560MB RAM
    80G SSD
    3000GB Bandwidth
    BUFFALO, NY
    $20.39

• @VirMach said:

FAT32 said: If I am the main reason the deals are not that exciting anymore

I thank you for this deal and it will not be idling, I needed this badly.

$97.27/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4 vCore
    12288MB RAM
    110GB SSD
    SEATTLE, WA
    12000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

Thanked by 1Chronic
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019

KernelPanic said: 8 core
    2560MB RAM
    80G SSD
    3000GB Bandwidth
    BUFFALO, NY
    $20.39

This one oversold by 83% because of how many people added it at the same exact second. I can try to do it but it will have to be a little more reasonable, I don't want crashing and overselling to that degree especially on a high disk package. It makes it difficult as we have to find other nodes and manually generate them so time-consuming as well.

It would probably have to be closer to $30 then I feel like it would only oversell by 10-30%

Thanked by 2sopayo5163 abjr
  • @VirMach said:

The problem with this is the OpenVZ part. No one actually uses the disk. I can assure you the average usage on that plan was 6GB. But I guess psychologically it looks nice, so I'll try to get it done for you. But I really don't want our site to crash.

The billing server doesn't seem to have been set afire this year as often as past.

edited December 2019

@donli said:

@VirMach said:

The billing server doesn't seem to have been set afire this year as often as past.

Actually, it's definitely way worse if you knew the background information.

We upgraded our infrastructure for it, and most of the breaking last year was before we had the rate-limits. With the rate limits, and captchas, and more rate-limits serverside, we still had it fully go down and go down intermittently probably at least 10 times. Actually 14 times to be exact.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • $17.08 /yr
    RAM 1408MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited December 2019

some decent deals

• @VirMach I ordered a VPS on Saturday and now its Monday and still no VPS information. Created a ticket #620363 and no response to that either.

• VirMach said: most likely have to be with some sort of account lockdown/non-transfer or it needs a quantity limit per person / can't be recurring

Honestly, I'm surprised you don't make all sale offers non-transfer and limited to 1 or 2 per person. I don't think it would be unfair at all, given that these are promotional.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • I suppose nobody at WHMCS expects so crazy way of selling and they did not care about proper table locking.

• @Chronic said:

VirMach said: most likely have to be with some sort of account lockdown/non-transfer or it needs a quantity limit per person / can't be recurring

Honestly, I'm surprised you don't make all sale offers non-transfer and limited to 1 or 2 per person. I don't think it would be unfair at all, given that these are promotional.

Really no reason for crazy specials to be transferable or allow people to have several of the same ones.

Thanked by 2Chronic storm