Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing the "Black IPv6 Friday"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing the "Black IPv6 Friday"

Disclaimer: I work for ungleich.ch / ipv6onlyhosting.com

I have recently been approached by a member of the lowendtalk community on whether or not would provide a special offer on our IPv6 based VPS. After some internal discussion we decided to create the "Black IPv6 Friday" with offers up to 50% discount on yearly plans.

As 50% offers are not profitable for small companies like us, we created a crowdfunding campaign on https://swiss-crowdfunder.com/campaigns/black-ipv6-friday?locale=en to reach at least 20'000 CHF.

We think this is a fair way to get started with IPv6 and would appreciate if you could share the story.

Looking forward to hearing what your opinions are.

The Black IPv6 Friday Poll
  1. What do you think about the Black IPv6 Friday?49 votes
    1. A great idea
      44.90%
    2. A good idea, but... (leave a comment)
        8.16%
    3. Not a good idea at all
      46.94%

Comments

• Are you provider here to offer BF sales with IPv6 only?

• @mrclown said:
    Are you provider here to offer BF sales with IPv6 only?

Somewhat correct: we have been approached to create a BF offer for LET and that's why I'm writing here :-)

• You have to be a provider to post offers of your own

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Do it! :smiley:

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

have you applied for a provider tag? (It may possibly be facilitated via https://support.lowend.party)

I think you offer an interesting product - good luck with your crowdfunding campaign!

• @sweatbar said:
    You have to be a provider to post offers of your own

Sorry, did not do that - will check this out now!

• "Black IPv6"

Hey, isn't that a little racist?

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • @thedp said:

Hmm, just checked, according to https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019#latest it seems to be impossible to register as a provider, as I haven't posted 15 comments before.

I'll try to reach out whether to remove this post to be in line with the forum rules, thanks for the hint!

• @angstrom said:
    "Black IPv6"

... you have to include the "Friday" part - it's "Black IPv6 Friday".

• @nicoschottelius said:

@thedp said:

Hmm, just checked, according to https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019#latest it seems to be impossible to register as a provider, as I haven't posted 15 comments before.

I'll try to reach out whether to remove this post to be in line with the forum rules, thanks for the hint!

I think that you're safe because you haven't posted an offer

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

@nicoschottelius said:

@thedp said:

It was, but it's possible now , as @uptime has mentioned.

I think there's nothing wrong with this post as you're just gathering information/feedback, though I may be wrong.

• @nicoschottelius said:

@angstrom said:
    "Black IPv6"

... you have to include the "Friday" part - it's "Black IPv6 Friday".

Ah, I see, it's IPv6 Friday that is black and not IPv6 alone

• When you decide on your offer, tell @manish and he'll tell us :smile:

• manishmanish Member
    edited November 2019

Awesome deals for premium Swiss provider with Gbit network. Totally worth every dime for a plethora of services. Netblock of /48 is too much for a lot of providers to offer. WireGuard VPN is a big plus.

I wish @terrahost launches a similar product in favour of IPv6. Go IPv6 go!

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • Reached out via support ticket - waiting for a reply there

Thanked by 3manish DP uptime
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@manish said:

Thanks for the mention. We already provide /48 with every service we deliver, being either dedicated, virtual (lxc/kvm) or colocation. But IPv6 only service has been duly noted :)

Thanked by 1manish
  • @terrahost said:

@manish said:

Thanks for the mention. We already provide /48 with every service we deliver, being either dedicated, virtual (lxc/kvm) or colocation. But IPv6 only service has been duly noted :)

Make sure it is KVM. I saw no one but you who dares to offer /48 since long. Otherwise most offer 1 or 2 IPv6 addresses as if it is ending tomorrow like IPv4.

• @manish said: Otherwise most offer 1 or 2 IPv6 addresses as if it is ending tomorrow like IPv4.

But we wouldn't want to be wasteful with IPv6 addresses!

• @angstrom said:

@manish said: Otherwise most offer 1 or 2 IPv6 addresses as if it is ending tomorrow like IPv4.

Don't be. Continue to offer 1 x IPv6. No one is stopping you.

This is why premium providers like IPv6onlyhosting.com have come to rescue.

• @manish said:

@angstrom said:

@manish said: Otherwise most offer 1 or 2 IPv6 addresses as if it is ending tomorrow like IPv4.

Don't be. Continue to offer 1 x IPv6. No one is stopping you.

This is why premium providers like IPv6onlyhosting.com have come to rescue.

Irony, man, irony

• Can you sell your plan to CC so that they can be IPv6 ready?

Thanked by 2terrorgen kkrajk
  • angstrom said: Irony, man, irony

:smiley:

• @manish said:

Make sure it is KVM.

Is IPv6 only KVM VPS a new thing?
    Well, that is definately news to me.
    Unless it is the location offered or the size of the subnet (/48) that is the unique factor?.

Thanked by 2kkrajk dahartigan
  • @HostDoc said:

@manish said:

Make sure it is KVM.

Is IPv6 only KVM VPS a new thing?
    Well, that is definately news to me.
    Unless it is the location offered or the size of the subnet (/48) that is the unique factor?.

Low cost and Swiss location combined with /48 IPv6 and a complimentary VPN is real news. Not really new, since I saw it first on Gandi.net long long back and then I found it on Vultr I think.

• Lol, /48 ipv6 on a vps.. I think it will be useless..

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Majority of ISP still don’t support IPv6, example: Vodafone, Telefonica, O2, Three network, BT, so without IPv4 gateway it will be impossible to access the service.

• @WebProject said:
    Majority of ISP still don’t support IPv6, example: Vodafone, Telefonica, O2, Three network, BT, so without IPv4 gateway it will be impossible to access the service.

Not impossible. Just slightly more complicated :wink:

• its overrated because its in Switzerland.

• @nicoschottelius to be fair, I dont know if you will reach 20k, a fair deal would have been to do a simple math: how many items would i need to sell to break even, and then use that number

Just my 2 CHF's

• Other member just sell their hosting company, they said their monthly expenses only around 6000 USD and profit around 8000 USD