Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time!

Comments

• I'm hoping the datacenter has the servers in a completely humidity free enclosure to ensure that the weapons grade potassium doesn't accidentally go exothermic up in there.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime albadri
  • Any more stock of this?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@skorous said:

vimalware said: the 256MB storage

Meh, how much data could you have had on 256MB anyway? ;-)

Above, I meant to say 256GB :smile:

Well no one reported such issue. So i’m not quite sure if this possible.

@kennsann said:
    Any more stock of this?

Yes more stock will be available as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1andrew1995
  • bdlbdl Member

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:
    1) Can we upgrade the block storage in the future? If yes, what is the price per TB?

1 - we are looking into the extra TB but would be like $3 per month or $20 per year .

@key900 - any news on upgrade pricing?

• @bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:
    1) Can we upgrade the block storage in the future? If yes, what is the price per TB?

1 - we are looking into the extra TB but would be like $3 per month or $20 per year .

You can upgrade to 4TB at that pricing, if you need more, it's cheaper to order 2 and ask it to be merged

• @greattomeetyou said:

plumberg said: So everytime I reinstall OS, the system will allot me a new disc from the pool or just format the existing one as a part of the reinstall?

Test and see for yourself. Please report back. My experience was about 1 yr ago, they might have improved it.
    @greattomeetyou said:

plumberg said: Reinstall = Disks gone???

What does it mean???

When you reinstall the OS using their web interface, your 3TB external drive will be lost. Just be aware of it.

You would have to re-attach an new external drive, which would not have your old data.

Yeah, I was unaware of that and lost some data because of it.

I tried to reinstall the OS, previously OS Ubuntu 18.x, then reinstall manually via ISO Debian10.x NetInstall, (the minimum installation only requires 910M of space, this is good, not a lot of unnecessary junk files!).

Don't touch /dev/vdb when creating partitions for OS/etc. All data on the external drive partition (3TB ) will not be lost, only need to mount/fstab after rebooting with blkid UID or /dev/vdb1

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @key900 any news on new stock ? just take my money and give me a box in Nov.

• @sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

You can upgrade to 4TB at that pricing, if you need more, it's cheaper to order 2 and ask it to be merged

So, I can get additional 1TB space on top of the 3TB? How?

• @samm said:
    @key900 any news on new stock ? just take my money and give me a box in Nov.

I'm curious too, missed this one!

@samm said:

I will take your money soon. We sent new equipment just missing some drives. We will shipping them out soon.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

Yup

• @sanvit said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

Yup

I dont see any option for that... how? Thnx

• @plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

Yup

Go to the client area then "upgrade/downgrade options" and you will see an option there.

• @dahartigan said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

Yup

Go to the client area then "upgrade/downgrade options" and you will see an option there.

Thnx. I do not see any option which says 4tb.

@key900 is this correct? Thnx

• So far, does the service that has not been opened wait for No. 8?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

@Bani991 said:
    So far, does the service that has not been opened wait for No. 8?

It depends. Was the service requested? Is the service closed? And what happened to No. 7?

Thanked by 2uptime bdl
  • Thanked by 2ITLabs dahartigan
  • ITLabs said: It depends. Was the service requested? Is the service closed? And what happened to No. 7?

I ordered the server, but I didn't create tickets.And what do you mean by "service"?

@Bani991 said:
    So far, does the service that has not been opened wait for No. 8?

We have like 5 pending orders they will be delivered as soon as possible,

@plumberg said:

@dahartigan said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@plumberg said:

@sanvit said:

@bdl said:

@key900 said:

@FAT32 said:

Yup

Thnx. I do not see any option which says 4tb.

@key900 is this correct? Thnx

Ya it hided until add more storage. But yes this is the way to upgrading.

@buzzyLET said:

@samm said:

I'm curious too, missed this one!

New equipment already racked and powered up waiting for NVMe and the drives to be delivered.

Thanks

Thanked by 2dahartigan bdl

@angstrom said:
    I have one of the Black Friday specials. I had my VPS turned off for a few months and when I rebooted it, the 256MB storage disk was missing. Happily, I hadn't yet put anything on that disk. The conclusion is ... minimally, to be careful.

Currently this not right so it could be something wrong with your services please pm me the registration mail i will take a look.

BTW: we are happy to anyone reporting us any bug or lacks .

Best regards

Thanked by 2dahartigan angstrom
  • Out of stock? I want more :smiley:

• @cazrz said:
    Out of stock? I want more :smiley:

i have one that i don't need, don't know if they allow transferee provided i get back the $7 ? maybe open a ticket and ask them.

• @key900 said:

@angstrom said:
    I have one of the Black Friday specials. I had my VPS turned off for a few months and when I rebooted it, the 256MB storage disk was missing. Happily, I hadn't yet put anything on that disk. The conclusion is ... minimally, to be careful.

Currently this not right so it could be something wrong with your services please pm me the registration mail i will take a look.

BTW: we are happy to anyone reporting us any bug or lacks .

I opened a ticket over a week ago and the problem was solved quickly. :smile:

My storage disk was "missing" for some reason, but I didn't mean to imply that I would have lost data if I had used the storage disk earlier. (I hadn't yet used it.)

Anyway, all is good now. :smile:

• Restore backup

The process of VM upgrading is in progress. Please try again later.

It's been six hours now.

• bdlbdl Member

@Bani991 said:
    Restore backup

The process of VM upgrading is in progress. Please try again later.

It's been six hours now.

So lodge a ticket rather than post on LET.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • jinglesassyjinglesassy Member
    edited October 2019

Is this a recurring offer or one time then normal pricing?

Never mind i'm an idiot and somehow missed the big "- Offer for lifetime" in the original post that i saw 0.1 seconds after posting this.

• @jinglesassy said:

Never mind i'm an idiot and somehow missed the big "- Offer for lifetime" in the original post that i saw 0.1 seconds after posting this.

You should actually be pleased that your hands can type faster than the eyes can read. The reverse may not that exciting!

Thanked by 2plumberg dahartigan
  • @vyas11 said:

@jinglesassy said:

You should actually be pleased that your hands can type faster than the eyes can read. The reverse may not that exciting!

Wait until he realizes it's out of stock..

• Hello guys
    I’m looking for any one can help me in configurations
    I want to install nextcloud server but It couldn’t recognize the 3tb storage
    I’m stuck in it and really I couldn’t find any way for make it work.
    Any help will be appreciated.

• @MohamadSY said:
    Hello guys
    I’m looking for any one can help me in configurations
    I want to install nextcloud server but It couldn’t recognize the 3tb storage
    I’m stuck in it and really I couldn’t find any way for make it work.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Have you formatted the block storage and given it a mount point? You then make the mount the nextcloud data directory.