Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AIO IP-Related (IPv4/IPv6/ASN) Thread. Only Providers/LIRs are allowed to post offers. - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AIO IP-Related (IPv4/IPv6/ASN) Thread. Only Providers/LIRs are allowed to post offers.

Comments

• @Tom said: So what’s the problem? You can use a 4byte just fine! :-)

I know that RIPE is still assigns 2 byte ASNs. As i said, i prefer in smaller autonomous system number. One of many other reason for choosing 2 byte ASN is few old BGP provider still doesn't support 4-byte ASNs. If i am going to setup a standard IX, create BGP communities for traffic control in the 2 byte (16 bit) ASN and if i have a 4 byte (32 bit) ASN, it's will not work as standard communities are 16 bit:16 bit.

• @Rayhan said:

@Tom said: So what’s the problem? You can use a 4byte just fine! :-)

I know that RIPE is still assigns 2 byte ASNs. As i said, i prefer in smaller autonomous system number. One of many other reason for choosing 2 byte ASN is few old BGP provider still doesn't support 4-byte ASNs. If i am going to setup a standard IX, create BGP communities for traffic control in the 2 byte (16 bit) ASN and if i have a 4 byte (32 bit) ASN, it's will not work as standard communities are 16 bit:16 bit.

RIPE will assign 2 byte ASNs if you can justify it, you can always request one regardless of justifying it or not - but you're not really guaranteed to get a 2 byte ASN at all.

If you can justify it, sure RIPE will consider it, but they issue plenty of 4 byte ASN's as well.

• RayhanRayhan Member
    edited October 2017

@Zerpy said: RIPE will assign 2 byte ASNs if you can justify it, you can always request one regardless of justifying it or not - but you're not really guaranteed to get a 2 byte ASN at all.

If you can justify it, sure RIPE will consider it, but they issue plenty of 4 byte ASN's as well.

Not a problem on give a try.

• @Rayhan said:

@Zerpy said: RIPE will assign 2 byte ASNs if you can justify it, you can always request one regardless of justifying it or not - but you're not really guaranteed to get a 2 byte ASN at all.

Not a problem on give a try.

If you're going to be peering/having BGP sessions with providers who don't support anything larger than 2 bits, you're in for a ride.

But yeah, if you tell RIPE that one or more of your uplinks don't support 2-bit ASNs, they'll probably give you one.

• @doghouch said:
    If you're going to be peering/having BGP sessions with providers who don't support anything larger than 2 bits, you're in for a ride.

But yeah, if you tell RIPE that one or more of your uplinks don't support 2-bit ASNs, they'll probably give you one.

Whatever.

There is still a chance for getting 2 byte ASN from RIPE at 2 digit EURO/USD.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Rayhan as long as you're business user we can do it, feel free to PM me

Thanked by 1Rayhan
  • @gbshouse said:
    @Rayhan as long as you're business user we can do it, feel free to PM me

How much you are charging for RIPE ASN service?

• Hi guys,

I'm looking to lease big amounts ARIN IPv4 adresses by full /24 or larger subnets with or without dedicated servers (we can announce the IPs under our AS if you'd prefer that). Most preffered l Our offer depends on the region and the amount of IP adresses you can offer. Feel free to contact me via PM. As for the use of IPs: data collection and web scraping, no mailing - port 25 might be blocked. No shoes here! :)

all help is appreciated :)

Thank you!

• @vtenis27 I’m not sure anyone wants you to scrape on clean IPs—you’ll have trouble finding someone to lease the IPs to you.

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

I'm looking for an IPv4 /24 block at RIPE. Is there anyone that will provide it cheaper than Prager IT does (50 EUR + VAT)?

Thanks

edited October 2017

@cociu thanks!

also, does anyone know what's happening with RMLH.uk? I've bought an ipv6 block there but haven't received a word yet... @rmlhhd

• You aren't getting this unless you commit to numerous years pal.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2017

No, as it is not much cheaper than a LIR else (12x50x4 = 2400€, RIPE is 1400€ plus 2k setup that also needs to be paid off) and the legacy suppliers want to sell larger to middle brokers (like i do) or at least long contracts to avoid work.

• also, does anyone know what's happening with RMLH.uk? I've bought an ipv6 block there but haven't received a word yet... @rmlhhd

I'm here! I shall respond shortly.

Thanked by 2malek xxsl
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

Reminder for All IP brokers/lease

RIPE want to change the allocation from a /22 to /24

https://www.ripe.net/participate/policies/proposals/2017-03

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@joeri said:
    Reminder for All IP brokers/lease

RIPE want to change the allocation from a /22 to /24

https://www.ripe.net/participate/policies/proposals/2017-03

I don’t see a consensus for this proposal in that form on the mailing list though.

• RIPE want to change the allocation from a /22 to /24

No, RIPE does not decide this, the members do. Any member can propose anything.

This, naturally as it is possible loss and by overall always low turnover at such policy changes, will not get enough votes, just as before.

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited October 2017

No, RIPE does not decide this

There is a difference between "RIPE" and "RIPE NCC". While "RIPE" is the community, the "RIPE NCC" does coordination, provides support and infra.

the members do

It's possible for everyone to "vote" on the proposals, there's no limitation to members (LIRs)

https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe

@rmlhhd thanks for your answer!

I haven't received any message from you yet though

• @malek said:
    @rmlhhd thanks for your answer!

I haven't received any message from you yet though

You have now :)

Thanked by 1malek

Thanks to rmlhhd! I got my IPs :)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

anybody leasing /21 for cheap on yearly basis ? should be able to announce in US

• @hostdare said:
    anybody leasing /21 for cheap on yearly basis ? should be able to announce in US

yes, i can do that. please message me.

still looking to buy apnic IPs, sbled or any kind of blacklists is ok too

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

i'm wondering, is here someone who can lease one APNIC /24 to me? will be paying quarterly and searching for long term deal (minimum 12months).

• i am plan get LIR from APNIC later.

• @here Have about $5000 to spend on IPs to be used in RIPE region. Does anyone sell anything for this value? PM me if you have interesting offers.
    Thanks

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SimpleVM said:
    @here Have about $5000 to spend on IPs to be used in RIPE region. Does anyone sell anything for this value? PM me if you have interesting offers.
    Thanks

If you do not have a RIPE account yet then maybe its worth to pay their fees and get a /22?

Looking to buy blacklisted ARIN IPs ( Also Apnic )

upto /21 maximum

payment 3 USD/IP