Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2019

@rahulks said:

@agentmishra said:

@try4lontalk said:

Restart your servers and you will have another CPU core. If not, then shut it down for couple of minutes and restart again, but it should be instant.

• @niceboy said:
    Thanks for the offer.

Need one for my development and testing of custom lamp stack.

@stefeman Did you miss me? Or rejected?

• VPN isn't illegal or you living in 1984?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@kalipus said:
    VPN isn't illegal or you living in 1984?

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2019

@kalipus said:
    VPN isn't illegal or you living in 1984?

Yeah sure, lets just allow VPN and Tor so people can run exit nodes and share illegalties through my server.. How about no? If you want to host VPNs, do it with a providers you pay to.

If theres something you don't want to do on your home IP, then you shouldn't do it on free servers so someone else gets the blame for it.

• sure but it is just not illegal by perse, that is just wrong.

• @kalipus said:
    sure but it is just not illegal by perse, that is just wrong.

If a provider doesn't want you using a VPN, what's wrong with that? The host said so before you signed up, then you should follow the rules or get terminated. It's quite reasonable.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2019

@kalipus said:
    sure but it is just not illegal by perse, that is just wrong.

Well, that's a Paradox.

People do not treat free services as paid services.
    Still, they expect the same level of paid services on a free service.

And people tend to forget, that its a Person, not a Company in a Community providing this service, means he spends his time on the project, often also his money.

So at least you try to minimize your time, you spend on this project on stuff like Deployment, Abuse....
    For example: I have automated my Deployment, so I can deploy any request within 30s,
    fully automated, saves a lot of time.

Most of the free providers here like Freemach or LETKVM don't they do it by hand, every time.

And using VPN's is within the Top 3 of abuses risks, with Torrent and stuff like that.
    So if you need a VPN, get a VPS at a commercial provider and RESPECT if someone says NO to vpn's.

That's a point, why people stop providing free services, it may bring a lot of hassle with it, including explaining for example Hetzner again why someone downloaded ilegal shit to one VM.

So the overall goal is, to keep these issues as low as possible, because you don't want to piss off any sponsors or the users on the nodes.

• I'm not too worried about warez since its OVH, but everyone knows the other stuff that's being shared via TOR and VPNs. I don't want any of that on my servers, period.

Therefore I chose to ban those as I don't even get money out of this, so its not worth the risk even if there are plenty of valid usages.

• Due my unforeseen circumstances, this service will unexpectedly be coming to a close shortly.

Every machine will go down after 25th day of next month.

Backup your data now. If you require special help such as Proxmox vzdump of your entire machine, feel free to PM me (Before 15th day)

Thanked by 3plumberg Edmond Ouji
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Godspeed, @stefeman! Thanks for providing this service for the community while it lasted :)

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • @stefeman said:
    Due my unforeseen circumstances, this service will unexpectedly be coming to a close shortly.

Backup your data now. If you require special help such as Proxmox vzdump of your entire machine, feel free to PM me (Before 15th day)

That's a bit disappointing that it's unexpectedly coming to a close, I was hoping I could move more stuff onto the container.

Thanks again for the ample notice! I have nothing useful on it, as of this time, anyway, just a FreePBX installation I was messing with.

Thanks again for hosting this service in the first place!

• I want to test open-source software like flarum, redmail, and some developing stuff; thank!

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@aniruddhnishad said:
    I want to test open-source software like flarum, redmail, and some developing stuff; thank!

Hey bro forum, please read:

The Requirements to get one
    - Existing account since 3 months, here on Lowendtalk
    - Active account (you need to have a decent amount of recent posts)
    - You need to have 50 posts before you apply

I just noticed that there are NO BROS on your forum! Dafuq happened to the bros, man?

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

oi me bredren it seems that @stefeman's important announcement may have been buried in the simple turning of a page

@stefeman said:
    Due my unforeseen circumstances, this service will unexpectedly be coming to a close shortly.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @uptime said:
    oi me bredren it seems that @stefeman's important announcement may have been buried in the simple turning of a page

@stefeman said:

Totally forgot... maybe that's why @aniruddhnishad bro's left.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • bruh

Thanked by 2ITLabs vimalware
  • @ITLabs said:

@aniruddhnishad said:
    I want to test open-source software like flarum, redmail, and some developing stuff; thank!

I just noticed that there are NO BROS on your forum! Dafuq happened to the bros, man?

Sorry, bro! I dont know why you are so rude and using such slang for me "Dafuq". I didnt read the complete requirement, that is my mistake. Sorry!

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • @aniruddhnishad said:

@ITLabs said:

@aniruddhnishad said:

Sorry, bro! I dont know why you are so rude and using such slang for me "Dafuq". I didnt read the complete requirement, that is my mistake. Sorry!

Hey bro, we come in peace bro! God bless your heart!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@aniruddhnishad said:
    why you are so rude and using such slang for me "Dafuq"

bro ... I'm sure it must be some misunderstanding due to a simple miscommunication, not to be taken personally!

'Dafuq' is typically an expression of lowend solidarity here, indicating a profound appreciation of all that is surreal and absurd in this wonderful plane of existence

(In situations such as this one I am often look to @Nekki for a good example of proper discourse and forum ettiquette)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • My use case is personal Wireguard VPN or SoftEther

I am aware that you don't allow VPN but I am still making this request is the VPN won't be public

Maximum 3-4 devices

Let me know if VPN for personal usage is also not allowed

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@noaman

@stefeman said:

Backup your data now. If you require special help such as Proxmox vzdump of your entire machine, feel free to PM me (Before 15th day.

• @ITLabs said:
    @noaman

Backup your data now. If you require special help such as Proxmox vzdump of your entire machine, feel free to PM me (Before 15th day.

Oops..

Too late to the party I guess

• Yep! Probably it would be better to close this thread.

• @ITLabs said:

@aniruddhnishad said:

All the bros are busy at Bang Bros

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

hi there

i am getting this error

License check failed: ProxCP Basic Branded license expired on 2019-10-25

when i access the panel url

• @agentmishra said:
    hi there

i am getting this error

License check failed: ProxCP Basic Branded license expired on 2019-10-25

when i access the panel url

With the service ending this month I don't think the license will be renewed.

• Host personal services like Wireguard for times when I am out using open wifi for security and integrity of my data.

• @manish said:
    Host personal services like Wireguard for times when I am out using open wifi for security and integrity of my data.

Dude.

Thanked by 2poisson Falzo
  • @ITLabs said:

Hey bro, we come in peace bro! God bless your heart!

Dafuq bro!!! What if he is not a bro?

Thanked by 1ITLabs