Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location

Comments

• RemoteControlRemoteControl Member
    edited October 2019

I am currently evaluating HOSTEROIN and HOSTCLEAN. I would like to add LetKVM to the list for review purposes. Please let me know if it's possible to get one (paid or not)?

• Let's see.. I guess its time to add more slots now :P

Thanked by 2farsighter alilet
  • @WuServer said:
    This is interesting,and the unused guys are more interesting,why do this?

not a request and 1 post.

@amsaal said:
    i would like to have one , will use for word press if allowed otherwise Nextcloud

Not for backup/nextcloud. The amount of space is a byproduct and not primary feature.

@tazd said:
    If offer still stands would love one to use for a wiregurad system

No VPNs

@arga said:
    try it

6 posts, too little activity in these forums.

@farsighter said:
    Any stock available?
    I'll use server for improving my skills in LXC and configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible.

Deployed

@alilet said:
    I would like one if it is available. Thinking of automating some tasks like firewall, fail2ban, nginx etc. so this will help me in testing bash scripts.

Deployed

@xvm said:
    I'd like a wordpress blog,and study docker deploy!

THANKS!

Not enough posts.

@kainjinez said:
    Thank stefeman by doing something beautiful like this.
    I just wonder how to check post count? xD

Not enough posts.

@vyas11 said:
    I would like to set up and toy around with nextcloud with my instance if still available. Thanks

Not for backup/nextcloud. The amount of space is a byproduct and not primary feature.

@dovehlj said:
    woo~~this`s great

not a request and 15 posts.

@FloydStan said:
    Really want it..but seems below 50 posts...
    Want to have one for my website.

Not enough posts. Sorry friend.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2019

I get critic about rejecting too many people..

Thats because Im overly cautious as I don't have anti fraud or identity checks like NanoKVM and Freemach.

Everyone gets a fair chance but you have to explain your use case well and meet the basic community requirements (Activity/Postcount). Beyond that, I don't care much if you expand it to something else as long as I don't get to hear about it. (i.e. abuse). For example, certain user said hes running a website and git but he also distributes his stuff via torrent/P2P.

• Got few slots more. Reviewing next users now.

• @alvin said:
    If still have slot, I would like one for personal testing of various linux software debugging. Thanks~

Deployed

Thanked by 1alvin
  • @Edmond said:
    If there's a slot open, I'd like to run a Rocket.Chat server on it. Thank you! :D

Deployed

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i would like to get 1 for me

use = "to develope and maintain a repo for a small project"

let me know if this is possible

• @gooliver said:
    Great! I'll use it for a VOIP server

Not enough posts.

@malikshi said:
    thanks your for the offer, can i use it for vpn?

Not enough posts. and no VPNs as primary usage reason accepted.

@RemoteControl said:
    I am currently evaluating HOSTEROIN and HOSTCLEAN. I would like to add LetKVM to the list for review purposes. Please let me know if it's possible to get one (paid or not)?

Not enough posts. I also do not sell any of these. Its free only for those eiligble.

That said, are you a blogger? If so, whats is you website? I might be interested in performance review/bench from third party. ofc the hardware is probly mostly same as paid providers so in that sense it probably means nothing even if the VPS was faster as the paid provider has a real SLA/Support. Maybe from a perspective of what one can expect from a free service versus what he got.

• @agentmishra said:
    i would like to get 1 for me

use = "to develope and maintain a repo for a small project"

let me know if this is possible

Deployed

• I would like one to use as a backend server for my latest flask web app hobby project.

Thanks mate :)

• Hello
    I would like to get VPS for personal nextcloud used and play with docker and traefik.

• @stefeman said:

@gooliver said:
    Great! I'll use it for a VOIP server

Not enough posts.

@malikshi said:
    thanks your for the offer, can i use it for vpn?

Not enough posts. and no VPNs as primary usage reason accepted.

@RemoteControl said:

Not enough posts. I also do not sell any of these. Its free only for those eiligble.

That said, are you a blogger? If so, whats is you website? I might be interested in performance review/bench from third party. ofc the hardware is probly mostly same as paid providers so in that sense it probably means nothing even if the VPS was faster as the paid provider has a real SLA/Support. Maybe from a perspective of what one can expect from a free service versus what he got.

Dear stefeman: I have sent you a PM with some more personal details and information

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2019

Guys, please keep in mind, that LetKVM, FreeMach and NanoKVM are SEPERATED Projects run by different people and have nothing to do with each other.

• @vyas11 said:
    I would like to set up and toy around with nextcloud with my instance if still available. Thanks

Thanks, I was actually looking to give groupware (chat) and Collabora office a try but I did not mention that explicitly and that is my miss.

@Neoon said:
    Guys, please keep in mind, that LetKVM, FreeMach and NanoKVM are SEPERATED Projects run by different people and have nothing to do with each other.

but if you take one you do not get the other?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@agentmishra said:

@Neoon said:

I mean there's no explicit rule stating such, but generally speaking if you get accepted into one, you should let others have a chance too.

edited October 2019

@agentmishra said:

@Neoon said:

Well, yes and no.

The reason why you where Denied was a completely different one: VPN.
    Second thing would be, how can you justify to get 2 free KVM's?
    The point was never reached so never questioned.

No issue if you get a Free KVM at NanoKVM and LetKVM/Freemach but you need to justify it, reasonable enough, which is not easy.
    But there would be a problem if you want to get 2 KVM's at NanoKVM.

@Neoon said:

@agentmishra said:

@Neoon said:

Well, yes and no.

No issue if you get a Free KVM at NanoKVM and LetKVM/Freemach but you need to justify it, reasonable enough, which is not easy.

not arguing..

but
    1. i asked, if i would be permitted to use a vpn, to which i could have been said "no"
    2. as far as 2 free, we are looking for as many free vps' to host repos at multiple location for a FOSS project
    i wont mind not achieving it, but i had put in the requirement

again, no offences, not arguing, its up to the donor to decide for the donation (in this case a/few vps)

@agentmishra said:

@Neoon said:

@agentmishra said:

@Neoon said:

Well, yes and no.

not arguing..

but
    1. i asked, if i would be permitted to use a vpn, to which i could have been said "no"

Here => https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156440/nanokvm-free-nat-kvm-multiple-locations#latest

I said no.

1. as far as 2 free, we are looking for as many free vps' to host repos at multiple location for a FOSS project
      i wont mind not achieving it, but i had put in the requirement

again, no offences, not arguing, its up to the donor to decide for the donation (in this case a/few vps)

You never mentioned FOSS at anytime, so it sounded like you want to run your commercial operations on it. Trust me, people want to do that.

You did argue in the other thread and you do it again.
    Nothing against you, but I get the feeling there is a language barrier, you do not understand me and vice versa.

i consider argument as something else

also in the other thread also, i tried to point out i had given a usage, yes it was my mistake not to mention foss project, but i did mention, that we would be hosting repo for small project

also i did mention i would be requiring an ipv6 if possible

any ways you said "no is a no", you could had said, no for vpn, and may be yes for other

letme know if i am eligible, but yes, trust me, it will be for an opensource project repo hosting, and we are looking multiple locations for it

if i am eligible, i will try to get the kvms, else we drop the matter here

• Installed Debian 9 (for the first time) and it remains stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk..." after I restart machine. I didn't choose any bootloader such as GRUB or LILO during installation so is it because of that?

It seems like a known issue with Debain and ProxMox
    https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/debian-guest-stuck-on-booting-from-hard-disk.43650/

How do I fix this issue?

• thanks. i need one to run my blog. build up from 2017.

Thanked by 2VRT QQQ
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@alilet said:
    I didn't choose any bootloader such as GRUB or LILO during installation so is it because of that?

Seems likely.

How do I fix this issue?

Simplest thing to do would be just to reinstall Debian, this time completing the step to install grub bootloader

Another approach (in general) could be to boot with a rescue image and install grub from that, but not knowing anything about the LetKVM setup can't really say anything beyond noting that it might be possible.

Thanked by 2farsighter ITLabs
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2019

@alilet said:
    Installed Debian 9 (for the first time) and it remains stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk..." after I restart machine. I didn't choose any bootloader such as GRUB or LILO during installation so is it because of that?

It seems like a known issue with Debain and ProxMox
    https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/debian-guest-stuck-on-booting-from-hard-disk.43650/

How do I fix this issue?

You install a bootloader. Thats how you fix it. This is not USB linux.

https://superuser.com/questions/429473/why-do-we-need-a-boot-loader

Either you need a new install or you upload custom iso, which is rescue disk to the panel, then mount it on ur CD drive from the panel, and install it from there.

• Windows is also an option for anyone who wants it. I will need to edit your VPS settings first though.

• @stefeman said:
    Windows is also an option for anyone who wants it. I will need to edit your VPS settings first though.

Yes Windows would be great, but no response from you yet.. :)

• Will be using it to host websites for non-profits, thx.

• @agentmishra said: if i am eligible, i will try to get the kvms, else we drop the matter here

Please don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you a provider?

I mean, yeah, sure, even a provider can try to get a free KVM (or two), but at the same time, you seem very determined.

• After reinstalling it booted fine. But now I am facing issue install openssh-server as I keep getting error:

apt install openssh-server
    reading package lists... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openssh-server : Depends: libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~) but it is not installable
    Recommends: ssh-import-id but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I followed steps mentioned here but it didn't work.
    http://linuxengines.blogspot.com/2016/07/openssh-libwrap-error-on-ubuntu-1204.html

My sources are:

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main
    deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main

By the way during installation I was unable to install network sources....you know the screen where it shows you different sources like ftp.debian.org etc. and I was unable to connect to any of them so I skipped them.