Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase

124»

Comments

• xaocxaoc Member

@willie said:

fiend said: the point of reseller is a separate account per domain, so you can keep everything separate no?

Schemes where they are supposed to pay X dollars AND pay a slice of their own revenue stream feel like a scam

The govt does it do why can't c*ntPanel do it?

Thanked by 2emgh Sofia_K
  • @Francisco said:
    Our Slices + DA and some other goodies we're about to post up are just too good.

Awaiting Softaculous so I can switch my reseller to my slice!

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited July 2019

@Daniel15 said:

@sureiam said:
    At the previous pricing of .20 cents per Cpanel user that would make it $2.4 a year

Isn't it $0.10 per cPanel user for partners / bulk account pricing?

>

Honestly I tried for 10 mins to figure out which pricing that applied to and how the base price before the bulk pricing played into the overall price and gave up. 20 cents is what cpanel started with then came up with that weird convoluted alternative plan. I really don't know anymore what the additional actual cost is. So I went off their initial pricing scheme which made it come out to $2.40 cents a year per cpanel so I didn't expect a $5 shared hosting plan with included dedicated IP to remain viable.

But the new pricing along with the resource bump makes it more than fair in my book. In business you should always go for "fair pricing". It's a sign of a viable business model and consumer friendly practices. We see that clearly still with buy shared. Especially after the purge 1-2 years ago and the change for new plans to reasonable domain limits vs "unlimited". That increased uptime/reliability exponentially.

The reality is Fran runs a tight ship and is responsive to us. He's definitely getting a bit of a raise in profit from this (probably about 10-1
    5%). But I'm confident a good bit of that will go right back into the business anyway and like I said the pricing is still fair especially with the resource bump!

Only thing I'm left wanting is cloudflare rail gun. Defeats the purpose of a dedicated IP outside of emailing I know but still would be neat to have. (Although really just nit bit picking the current feature set of buy shared is extensive)

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

sureiam said: Only thing I'm left wanting is cloudflare rail gun. Defeats the purpose of a dedicated IP outside of emailing I know but still would be neat to have. (Although really just nit bit picking the current feature set of buy shared is extensive)

Vegas already has it, LU will get it very soon.

Francisco

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@sureiam said:

@Daniel15 said:

@sureiam said:
    At the previous pricing of .20 cents per Cpanel user that would make it $2.4 a year

Isn't it $0.10 per cPanel user for partners / bulk account pricing?

>

Honestly I tried for 10 mins to figure out which pricing that applied to and how the base price before the bulk pricing played into the overall price and gave up. 20 cents is what cpanel started with then came up with that weird convoluted alternative plan. I really don't know anymore what the additional actual cost is. So I went off their initial pricing scheme which made it come out to $2.40 cents a year per cpanel so I didn't expect a $5 shared hosting plan with included dedicated IP to remain viable.

$ 0.20/account/month is the regular cPanel price, partner price is $ 0.10 (it's not so easy to become a "partner"). The discount price from a place like buycpanel.com is suppose to be around $ 0.15.

edited July 2019

sureiam said: The reality is Fran runs a tight ship and is responsive to us. He's definitely getting a bit of a raise in profit from this (probably about 10-15%). But I'm confident a good bit of that will go right back into the business anyway and like I said the pricing is still fair especially with the resource bump!

The padding we did is mostly to protect from the other licenses we use going up in price too. If CL notices they lose a bunch of customers due to this all, they may increase a bit.

We're doing our best to keep things as trim as we can. Some people are perfectly fine with the hike, others are pleading that we get a DA node online ASAP.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Daniel15 sureiam
  • emghemgh Member
    edited July 2019

Francisco said: get a DA node online ASAP

Yes, you're right. Do that.

• KwoonKwoon Member

5$/year plan user here
    Honestly didn’t experience any downtime and the server is really responsive after last upgrade (lu3)
    Price increase is ok if it is for maintaining a good quality service :smile:

• williewillie Member

I can live with the price hike per se, but I'd rather switch to DA both to keep the $5 plan and to make Cpanel stick it where the sun don't shine.

Thanked by 1level6
  • fiendfiend Member

@willie pretty much what @bikegremlin said... i know @Francisco has little room to maneuver on this one, but this change makes a reseller account at least for me a bit more painful to use, ill need to always think if i should add another account or go over the limit .... also moving to monthly payment is kinda bothersome...

@fiend said:
    @willie pretty much what @bikegremlin said... i know @Francisco has little room to maneuver on this one, but this change makes a reseller account at least for me a bit more painful to use, ill need to always think if i should add another account or go over the limit .... also moving to monthly payment is kinda bothersome...

Well, as we said we'll have DA soon so if you're OK with that, you can move/buy that.

I think the yearly discount is gone at this point, but if it's more so for peace of mind, we cna put it back and just scale the pricing out.

Francisco

Thanked by 1fiend
  • fiendfiend Member

@Francisco yes for all the obvious reasons ill move to DA if that works good, yearly pay is better, the discount is nice but its more you pay and dont need to wonder if the lights are on every month, so even with cpanel i would prefer a yearly even if there is no discount, but yeah with the account limit im not sure how you do it? make it a fixed limit? but then ill never add another account over the limit and that kinda sucks...

@fiend said:
    @Francisco yes for all the obvious reasons ill move to DA if that works good, yearly pay is better, the discount is nice but its more you pay and dont need to wonder if the lights are on every month, so even with cpanel i would prefer a yearly even if there is no discount, but yeah with the account limit im not sure how you do it? make it a fixed limit? but then ill never add another account over the limit and that kinda sucks...

You could add/remove during the period, an invoice would be generated then.

Francisco

• fiendfiend Member

@Francisco ah so, like an extra until the end of the renewal? Then yes i would appreciate that option when the August pricing hits.

• Its like 128MB OpenVZ road to 512MB KVM ( better upgrade ) ... Now we are gonna have cPanel to Directadmin :smiley: ... Maybe someday we have Reseller Directadmin HA ( LV - NY - LU )

• emghemgh Member

@risturiz said:
    Its like 128MB OpenVZ road to 512MB KVM ( better upgrade ) ... Now we are gonna have cPanel to Directadmin :smiley: ... Maybe someday we have Reseller Directadmin HA ( LV - NY - LU )

Or maybe also not :)

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited July 2019

@Francisco why don't you introduce 'add funds' aka 'pre-pay' to the account if theres no annual billing. So I can add funds and dont worry about monthy invoices? 2 times I had problem with my card (due to some failure from bank-side) and almost lost a Service due to late payment. Later we paid yearly -- just for peace of mind. A 6mo/12mo plan without any discount will also do. I just don't want to wake up to pay invoice and find some tech problems for payments!

• williewillie Member

BuyVM got rid of its add funds button (I think it had one once) but you can add funds by opening a billing ticket with them. Just say how much you want to add and they invoice you for it. I've done that a few times.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco said:

sureiam said: The reality is Fran runs a tight ship and is responsive to us. He's definitely getting a bit of a raise in profit from this (probably about 10-15%). But I'm confident a good bit of that will go right back into the business anyway and like I said the pricing is still fair especially with the resource bump!

The padding we did is mostly to protect from the other licenses we use going up in price too. If CL notices they lose a bunch of customers due to this all, they may increase a bit.

We're doing our best to keep things as trim as we can. Some people are perfectly fine with the hike, others are pleading that we get a DA node online ASAP.

Francisco

Which option i need to choose to keep my current ip?

@Sofia_K said:
    @Francisco why don't you introduce 'add funds' aka 'pre-pay' to the account if theres no annual billing. So I can add funds and dont worry about monthy invoices? 2 times I had problem with my card (due to some failure from bank-side) and almost lost a Service due to late payment. Later we paid yearly -- just for peace of mind. A 6mo/12mo plan without any discount will also do. I just don't want to wake up to pay invoice and find some tech problems for payments!

@willie said:
    BuyVM got rid of its add funds button (I think it had one once) but you can add funds by opening a billing ticket with them. Just say how much you want to add and they invoice you for it. I've done that a few times.

The reason "Add Funds" was removed is because it's a source of fraud.

"Add Funds" doesn't actually run fraud checks so someone can go use some stolen CC's or whatever, load up, and you'd be none the wiser short of checking Stripe/etc and comparing data.

We'll add the yearly option back this weekend but will remove the discount.

robohost said: Which option i need to choose to keep my current ip?

Whichever you want.

We aren't going to force people off cPanel, but we will make you pay the added costs. Sorry.

If you want to move to DA soon, we can move your IP along as well.

I highly doubt we'll continue offering new cPanel accounts short of DA severely lacking something we absolutely need and @DA_Mark refusing to implement it or providing us some way of doing it.

As of now our plan is to move forward with DA and to get at least 2 nodes online by early next week.

We'll offer 3 months of free hosting to any active shared customer with us so they can feel things out and decide on their own if they want to be moved.

Francisco

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

Francisco said: "Add Funds" doesn't actually run fraud checks

Oh man that sounds like a whmcs bug.

We'll offer 3 months of free hosting

I don't need the 3 months, I decided in 3 seconds that I want to be moved ;).

willie said: Oh man that sounds like a whmcs bug.

Been there since the start of the platform.

We've ticketed about it but got a shrug about it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware