Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase

(Redacted)

Hello,

As many of you are aware, cPanel has recently changed from a “A fixed price license for unlimited users” to a “Charge per user on the server, as a whole” structure.

Effective today, all shared hosting plans will incur a $3.00/year increase in price to help offset this new overhead.

No other pricing changes are expected short of cPanel introducing yearly “cost of living” increases to their new pricing structure. If that happens we’ll be looking to change to a different control panel altogether

Francisco

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yep :(

Sorry people. For us it's a $3000/month+ increase.

Francisco

Thanked by 3plumberg FHR coreflux
  • Also noticed an price increase in Reseller plans, "$0.15 per subaccount." Wondering how this is implemented and billed though.

• Francisco said: $3000/month+ increase.

OUCH!!

Are these the updated prices?

SHARED 5G
    FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS
    ONLY
    $13.00 / YEAR

• deankdeank Member, Troll

3000+ isn't as bad as what I've read from others.

Fran sucks. Ban him, ban him now!

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @deank said:
    3000+ isn't as bad as what I've read from others.

Fran sucks. Ban him, ban him now!

Make sure he takes his towel with him!

Thanked by 1Kwoon
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

no DA Package ? I know I have a lot of empty sub reseller account. Going trough all of them is pain in the ass

@dedipromo said:
    Also noticed an price increase in Reseller plans, "$0.15 per subaccount." Wondering how this is implemented and billed though.

We'll be sending an email for resellers soon. We'll do it in a "bundle" setup, where you buy 5 accounts at a time. Hard limits are always in place so neither side gets hit with sticker shock down the road.

I've shared the email going out on Discord already.

@FootKaput said:

Francisco said: $3000/month+ increase.

OUCH!!

Are these the updated prices?

> SHARED 5G
    > FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS
    > ONLY
    > $13.00 / YEAR
    > 

That's the new price. Given what it includes (an a dedicated IP) it's still a killer deal.

Francisco

Thanked by 2dedipromo Harambe

@yokowasis said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

no DA Package ? I know I have a lot of empty sub reseller account. Going trough all of them is pain in the ass

DA will happen but there's some things we want first.

The team and I need time to figure out the inner workings of DA so we can learn all the quirks and how to get around them.

In time we'll offer DA plans at the original pricing, but we expect most users to stick on their resellers since most only have a small handful of accounts.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

Congratulations on keeping your sanity.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • Frankly it's not a lot (although if you have multiple accounts it does add up). But that's also a 60% increase from previous pricing. At the previous pricing of .20 cents per Cpanel user that would make it $2.4 a year so about 12% increase from previous pricing is additional profit.

Again these aren't massive numbers, $3 a year isn't the end of the world. I'm just crunching some numbers is all.

Thanked by 1dragon1993

@sureiam said:
    Frankly it's not a lot (although if you have multiple accounts it does add up). But that's also a 60% increase from previous pricing. At the previous pricing of .20 cents per Cpanel user that would make it $2.4 a year so about 12% increase from previous pricing is additional profit.

Again these aren't massive numbers, $3 a year isn't the end of the world. I'm just crunching some numbers is all.

Fair, but we take on higher fees so we have to compensate for that too, as well as the increase on the base license.

Francisco

• emghemgh Member

Why would you want a Dedicated IP?

@emgh said:

Plenty of people do for SEO, DDOS, and just better mail deliverability.

We've recently included mailchannels with all services, but still.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

Mail point goes out the window then, also a dedicated ip for seo is bullcrap. But yeah, if you null route IPs I guess dedicated IPs is fair.

emgh said: Mail point goes out the window then, also a dedicated ip for seo is bullcrap. But yeah, if you null route IPs I guess dedicated IPs is fair.

SEO is bull, but people still believe it.

Either way, it's included in the price and people like it since they can also go to http://IP to view their site.

Francisco

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • level6level6 Member

@Francisco My letter has a typo -
    BuyShared 15GB: Currently - $15.00/year, New Price - $18.00/year.

Should be 20GB

@level6 said:
    @Francisco My letter has a typo -
    BuyShared 15GB: Currently - $15.00/year, New Price - $18.00/year.

Should be 20GB

Goddammit.

Thanks, you're right.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I'm just surprised the $8/yr plan with a dedicated IP has survived this long. That's $18-24/yr for just the IP with most folks.

At the end of the day: an extra cup of coffee a year for my shared plans is not the end of the world.

...but cPanel can still go fuck themselves.

Thanked by 2sureiam willie
  • @Francisco said:

@sureiam said:
    Frankly it's not a lot (although if you have multiple accounts it does add up). But that's also a 60% increase from previous pricing. At the previous pricing of .20 cents per Cpanel user that would make it $2.4 a year so about 12% increase from previous pricing is additional profit.

Fair, but we take on higher fees so we have to compensate for that too, as well as the increase on the base license.

Francisco

Eh I'm also sure the billing is easier for round numbers. Again It's not a massive increase at $3 especially as you noted with the Dedicated IP. But I would personally rather have a few of the accounts on DA or another Panel then to support Cpanel.

Once you're ready with DA will you give users the option to convert accounts to DA and save that $3 a year increase?

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

Mail point goes out the window then, also a dedicated ip for seo is bullcrap. But yeah, if you null route IPs I guess dedicated IPs is fair.

Eh, some people also just don't want their IP Shared with a bunch of fishy or shady sites when it's (if ever) looked up. Feels clean and tidy.

sureiam said: Once you're ready with DA will you give users the option to convert accounts to DA and save that $3 a year increase?

Sure :)

Depending on how things go with DA we'll offer something this year at around (or at) the same price.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @Harambe said:
    I'm just surprised the $8/yr plan with a dedicated IP has survived this long. That's $18-24/yr for just the IP with most folks.

At the end of the day: an extra cup of coffee a year for my shared plans is not the end of the world.

...but cPanel can still go fuck themselves.

That's exactly how I feel. Not that big of a deal but I don't like giving them their blood money. Nothing quite like a bait and switch. Get everyone on board, have them setup their whole system on your platform then pull out the rug from under them. That's just shady.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • emghemgh Member

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@sureiam said:

Francisco

Eh I'm also sure the billing is easier for round numbers. Again It's not a massive increase at $3 especially as you noted with the Dedicated IP. But I would personally rather have a few of the accounts on DA or another Panel then to support Cpanel.

Once you're ready with DA will you give users the option to convert accounts to DA and save that $3 a year increase?

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

Eh, some people also just don't want their IP Shared with a bunch of fishy or shady sites when it's (if ever) looked up. Feels clean and tidy.

Makes zero sense.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@sureiam said:

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

It's mostly the DDoS reason for why I like the dedicated IPs. If someone gets smacked it doesn't take down all of my sites with it, and doesn't cause any packet loss sitting behind a DDoS-protected IP that's getting smacked.

• @Francisco said:

sureiam said: Once you're ready with DA will you give users the option to convert accounts to DA and save that $3 a year increase?

Depending on how things go with DA we'll offer something this year at around (or at) the same price.

Francisco

Great! Again, I'm not really oppose to you making additional profit to keep things flowing and frankly a $3 per account increase won't break the bank. But damn if I'm not pissed at Cpanel and don't want to give them my money!

With that said it would have been nice to get a small bump in storage or bandwidth maybe to offset the increase, kinda a little something extra.

Thanked by 2donli pullangcubo
  • level6level6 Member

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@sureiam said:

Francisco

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

Makes zero sense.

? what makes zero sense. There are a bunch of points mentioned. Maybe I need some sleep.

• @emgh said:

@sureiam said:
    some people also just don't want their IP Shared with a bunch of fishy or shady sites when it's (if ever) looked up. Feels clean and tidy.

Makes zero sense.

Have you never done a DNS lookup of the A record of a site? You can get a full list of all the other URLs also hosted on that IP.. If you don't have a dedicated IP you can't control what shows up on that list.

• emghemgh Member

@level6 said:

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@sureiam said:

Francisco

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@emgh said:

Francisco

Makes zero sense.

? what makes zero sense. There are a bunch of points mentioned. Maybe I need some sleep.

That you feel better not having your IP shared with fishy sites. Buyshared shall remove fishy sites if they dominate the server. If they don't, and you still consider it a problem, then why share hosts with those fishy sites? Why share tld with those fishy sites? Why even be on the internet when there's fishy sites?

My point is, why care?

• emghemgh Member

@sureiam said:

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:
    some people also just don't want their IP Shared with a bunch of fishy or shady sites when it's (if ever) looked up. Feels clean and tidy.

Makes zero sense.

Have you never done a DNS lookup of the A record of a site? You can get a full list of all the other URLs also hosted on that IP.. If you don't have a dedicated IP you can't control what shows up on that list.

Why care?

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Great! Again, I'm not really oppose to you making additional profit to keep things flowing and frankly a $3 per account increase won't break the bank. But damn if I'm not pissed at Cpanel and don't want to give them my money!

With that said it would have been nice to get a small bump in storage or bandwidth maybe to offset the increase, kinda a little something extra.

I'll hash it out with Karen in the morning :)

Itll be good.

Francisco