Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Increased Pricing Announcement From Cpanel Price Increase

Comments

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited July 2019

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:
    some people also just don't want their IP Shared with a bunch of fishy or shady sites when it's (if ever) looked up. Feels clean and tidy.

Makes zero sense.

Have you never done a DNS lookup of the A record of a site? You can get a full list of all the other URLs also hosted on that IP.. If you don't have a dedicated IP you can't control what shows up on that list.

Why care?

Because some people might not want others to look their sites A record and see what looks like a massive list of sites and assume their using a cheap shared hosting plan. You have better control over the image given for the site. This has value when using a shared plan for a low traffic business site.

Thanked by 1level6
  • emghemgh Member

@sureiam said:
    Because I don't want people to look up my A record and see what looks like a massive list of sites and assume that I'm using a cheap shared hosting plan. I have better control over the image given for the site. This has value to when using a shared plan for a low traffic business site.

I literally work with sites and seo and I have never ever considered sharing IPs an issue. You seem to have a weird fetish for clean IPs.

Thanked by 2Hxxx bikegremlin
  • @emgh said:

@sureiam said:
    Because I don't want people to look up my A record and see what looks like a massive list of sites and assume that I'm using a cheap shared hosting plan. I have better control over the image given for the site. This has value to when using a shared plan for a low traffic business site.

I literally work with sites and seo and I have never ever considered sharing IPs an issue. You seem to have a weird fetish for clean IPs.

On that note you can also take an IP for a web-designer and determine all of their clients and their URLs along with the styles that are being re-used. If anything you would want a dedicated IP to isolate your clients from each other and also you on such a public medium as the internet.

• uptimeuptime Member

weird fetish for clean IPs.

I am kink-shame

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@sureiam said:

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:

On that note you can also take an IP for a web-designer and determine all of their clients and their URLs along with the styles that are being re-used. If anything you would want a dedicated IP to isolate your clients from each other and also you on such a public medium as the internet.

That's really spesific and not even the case. You get one IP per package. Not per account. A reseller would have 1 IP.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@sureiam said:

Multiple domains on a single IP does not always mean cheap hosting, considering the availability of IPv4 addresses. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being naive and a tad bit out of touch with reality.

Also, you should never ever do a reverse lookup on an IP belonging to a cloudflare reverse proxy. Also, advise your clients to never do that either, else they risk getting scarred for life.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • HxxxHxxx Member

It was an old belief.
    When Windows XP was the norm, SSL needed a dedicated IP. So it was normal to think websites needed dedicated IP.

@emgh said:

@sureiam said:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @K4Y5 said:

@sureiam said:

Multiple domains on a single IP does not always mean cheap hosting, considering the availability of IPv4 addresses. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being naive and a tad bit out of touch with reality.

Also, you should never ever do a reverse lookup on an IP belonging to a cloudflare reverse proxy. Also, advise your clients to never do that either, else they risk getting scarred for life.

In true LET fashion things have gotten really off topic. I get you're point and frankly for this price point the IP is just additional icing on the cake and something I enjoy having.

My reasons don't have to make sense to anyone other than me and my wallet ;) Also don't Kink Shame my clean IP fetish. Clean IPs are the best kind of IPs.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • emghemgh Member

@K4Y5 said:

@sureiam said:

Please explain the CF part. What kinds of sites are we talking?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Well handled, and solid pricing. I'd buy Fran a beer or two for how well he runs his hosting -- which amounts to what the increase is per year.

Thanked by 2emgh Harambe
  • emghemgh Member

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Well handled, and solid pricing. I'd buy Fran a beer or two for how well he runs his hosting -- which amounts to what the increase is per year.

Where I live a beer is like $10 but sure.

• donlidonli Member

@emgh said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Where I live a beer is like $10 but sure.

You need a source of Low End Beer.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

sureiam said: Once you're ready with DA will you give users the option to convert accounts to DA and save that $3 a year increase?

Sure :)

Depending on how things go with DA we'll offer something this year at around (or at) the same price.

Francisco

Great! Again, I'm not really oppose to you making additional profit to keep things flowing and frankly a $3 per account increase won't break the bank. But damn if I'm not pissed at Cpanel and don't want to give them my money!

With that said it would have been nice to get a small bump in storage or bandwidth maybe to offset the increase, kinda a little something extra.

[8:34 PM] Francisco: for shared stuff
    [8:34 PM] Francisco: we'll be doing a resource bump as well
    [8:34 PM] Francisco: - all plans will go unlimited BW
    [8:34 PM] Francisco: - the 1GB space plan will go to 2GB
    [8:34 PM] Francisco: - the 5GB will go to 10GB
    [8:34 PM] Francisco: - the 20GB will go to 30GB

I'll get the email out in the morning and the resources should apply by this weekend.

Francisco

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Very reasonable change for the pricing Fran. Well done. This hurts everybody sadly.

• @Francisco said:

I'm speechless... That. Was. Fast.

I'm guessing this will be for new accounts as well? And can we expect a bump in resources for reseller account too?

@pullangcubo said:

@Francisco said:

I'm speechless... That. Was. Fast.

I'm guessing this will be for new accounts as well? And can we expect a bump in resources for reseller account too?

Base reseller pricing isn't changing, only the per account pricing is being added. Resellers are getting a different resource bump in the form of a scaling RAM & inode increase, as well as unlimited bandwidth on all resellers.

The resource change for new and old accounts will apply this week. If you ordered today it'd show up in a couple days when I mass apply it to everyone else.

Francisco

Thanked by 2pullangcubo Sofia_K
  • @Francisco, I'm not sure if you're at liberty to divulge it, but how many sub-accounts does your largest single reseller account hold? You know, just to satisfy my sadistic curiosity :lol:

@pullangcubo said:
    @Francisco, I'm not sure if you're at liberty to divulge it, but how many sub-accounts does your largest single reseller account hold? You know, just to satisfy my sadistic curiosity :lol:

I wrote an audit script to do some quick count ups and averages and such, but the highest account had nearly 500 subs under it. Was impressive.

Francisco

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Francisco said: the highest account had nearly 500 subs under it

I wonder what's the guy thinking right now (or when they get the email), LOL!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • williewillie Member

donli said: Where I live a beer is like $10 but sure.
    You need a source of Low End Beer.

$7 maximum, I guess it helps.

Thanked by 1uptime

@pullangcubo said:

Francisco said: the highest account had nearly 500 subs under it

I wonder what's the guy thinking right now (or when they get the email), LOL!

I talked to him a bit after he stopped sobbing into his keyboard.

For people like him, they really should move to DA unless they're 100% dead set on using cPanel. Our Slices + DA and some other goodies we're about to post up are just too good.

Francisco

• Francisco said: Our Slices + DA and some other goodies we're about to post up are just too good.

Oh, by all means, let it slip.

• Francisco said: In time we'll offer DA plans at the original pricing

WOW. the sooner the better with DA. hope your team gets acquainted with DA and so we too can try our hands on it and expand our offerings at same LET price :)

• williewillie Member

I'm just a $5 plan user but I'm ready to move to DA or whatever just to get away from cpanel.

• evnixevnix Member
    edited July 2019

I use buyshared reseller and the service has been absolutely amazing but I'd love to be to moved to DA soon.
    I just use cPanel reseller accounts for isolated testing of some open source scripts, So I don't have any paying customers.
    I volunteer to be the first guinea pig for cPanel to DA migration!

Thanked by 1mikei
  • donlidonli Member

@Francisco said:

Speaking of resources are the limits for:

CPU, RAM, Entry Processes, I/O, IOPS and Inodes 

for each plan listed somewhere ?

• I have been using 1G shared in luxembourg for 2 years. Before that I was long time reseller user of BuyShared in Las Vegas. After what cPanel has done, I believe this is a fair increase. Fran and his team are doing a good job. Whenever they are fine with switching to DA, I will fully support them.

• donlidonli Member

@DreamCaster said:
    After what cPanel has done, I believe this is a fair increase.

Considering that they are basically just passing along the increased cost hard to argue it isn't fair.

I wish my current shared provider did the same thing.

• @raindog308 said:

Hope so - just got the dreaded email.