Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach - 4 hours of downtime to replace a single drive in raid 10? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach - 4 hours of downtime to replace a single drive in raid 10?

124»

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@lowfront said:
    sounds like everyone is ok with downtime here. Maybe I should start a vps company........

Why not? It's summer.

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited July 2019

@lowfront said:

@MikePT said:

@lowfront said:
    RAID 10 only reads the surviving mirror and stores the copy to the new drive you replaced. Your usual read and write operations are virtually unchanged from normal operations.

If the IO is affected by read operations then it will affect the performance.

not in raid 10

Out of curiosity what do you THINK raid 10 even is lol, describe it in detail for the amusement of this forum xD

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @lowfront said:
    sounds like everyone is ok with downtime here. Maybe I should start a vps company........

Please do it, I'll be your first customer

• YuraYura Member
    edited July 2019

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2019

@TheOnlyDK said:

@lowfront said:

welcome to Power VPS!

• sanvitsanvit Member

@TheOnlyDK said:

@lowfront said:

Just make sure to pay in a revesable payment method like PayPal or CC :)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@lowfront said:

Here:

raid10vps
    raid10nodes
    raid10ocean
    raid10baba
    raid10nonsensehost
    alpharaidracks. <-- the best imho

Thanked by 2MikePT taubin
  • imokimok Member
    edited July 2019

alpharaids is OK.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@lowfront said:

@sanvit said:

@lowfront said:
    Industry-Leading 100% Uptime Guarantee

I guess that isn't proper to be posted on their site.

https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#tab3

C) Exemptions: The Downtime Guarantee does not apply to Service interruptions caused by (i) periodic scheduled maintenance or repairs undertaken by VirMach from time to time

The ENTIRE POINT OF RAID 10 IS ZERO DOWNTIME

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2019

@ITLabs said:

@lowfront said:

Here:

raid10vps
    raid10nodes
    raid10ocean
    raid10baba
    raid10nonsensehost
    alpharaidracks. <-- the best imho

PowerVPS !

• nosensevps.org

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@lowfront said:

PowerVPS !

Thanked by 3lowfront sanvit xaoc
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@lowfront You know what is really funny? Here is comes! Just wait, Don't open your eyes! Wait a sec. Yeah your banned for 2 weeks! Have a good one!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • JabJabJabJab Member

I demand answer too! 4 hours!

Budget crash after cpanel? Can't buy more drives? You need to drive to Seagate facility and hand that one directly to technician so he can give you new, working one?

• imokimok Member
    edited July 2019

lowfront said: PowerVPS !

Sure, if your VPS does not come online on node boot, power your VPS up.

EDIT: Oh, OP banned :|

EDIT2:

Thanked by 2skorous vimalware
    edited July 2019

@jabjab If you are being sarcastic then I must not be detecting it. On the other hand if you are not I would tread lightly.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @jabjab If you are being sarcastic then I must not be detecting it. On the other hand if you are not I would tread lightly.

JabJab said: You need to drive to Seagate facility and hand that one directly to technician so he can give you new, working one?

Edit : please bring OP back. I need some more drama :(

• roastroast Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @lowfront You know what is really funny? Here is comes! Just wait, Don't open your eyes! Wait a sec. Yeah your banned for 2 weeks! Have a good one!

That's so rude to kick out someone bcoz he's acting weird

@roast Well he was being a dick so he got what he deserved a break. Nothing rude about giving someone a break.

Thanked by 2roast jvnadr
  • This 4th July does not have many deals posted, but we have this post for holiday fun reading!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What the hulk hogan did I just read?

• uptimeuptime Member

Nobody fucks with The Virmach.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • OP clearly uses RAGE10

• @lowfront said:

@sanvit said:
    If this was an unplanned downtime of actual 4 hours, you may have a point. But a planned downtime due to hardware replacement on a $18/y VPS which you even don't know if it's really going to take 4 hours (it says less than 4 and I'm pretty sure your server will come up way earlier than that), not many people here will defend you

It doesn't matter how much something costs when they are lying about what you are purchasing.

Can't say I agree. Price always matters. You want to be 100% sure of what your getting and that it's maintained as such then you spend more.

Or you go for established providers that don't always post incredibly cheap as popular plans here whom are willing to cut you a deal.

You another option which I keep in my back pocket despite having a good provider I can trust.

Digital ocean. Linode. Vultr all allow for snapshots and do hourly billing.

Duplicate your server. Take a snap shot of it ready to go. then take your backup data (you are backing up your data right?) And load it onto a hourly vps then switch the url you use to access it (i assume your not using IP for everything).

I can spin up my most crucial VPSs within 10-20 mins this way.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

poisson said: OP clearly uses RAGE10

RAGE1+0
    You're welcome!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

sureiam said: Digital ocean. Linode. Vultr all allow for snapshots and do hourly billing.

Also Lunanode and Hetzner :)

Lunanode expandable volumes at $0.03 per GB per month (billed hourly) are particularly handy for the "back pocket" backup combined with the easy-to-activate snapshots.