Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    1. Take the money and run.
    2. Tell everyone its closing, BUT put affiliates into the email.
    3. Sell the Database to someone shady.

10/10

Or wait, they just launched a new provider, and "imported" the database?
    Maybe they even expected that failure soon, how old is PSK Hosting?

Thanked by 2Amitz BeardyUnixGuy
  • If they get away with this without any sort of legal repercussion then they have pulled off quite a successful heist.

Is that how this is going to end?

• LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:
    If they get away with this without any sort of legal repercussion then they have pulled off quite a successful heist.

Is that how this is going to end?

Yes. Their customer base (inclusing me) are poor cheapskates. No money, time and jurisdiction for proper trial.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

• @dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:
    I was involved in emails involving customer dissatisfaction.

That would have been one hell of a job.

Can you hook me up with some free KFC?

It was tough in bits, but it was apart of my overall love for attempting to ensure all customers I dealt with were satisfied. Of course given the circumstances, it was very difficult.

Ha! If only.

I could only imagine how stressful it would be, dealing only with negative emails and complaints. Especially when you aren't in an empowered position to really change things.

All the best with your new hosting endeavour, hopefully you take what you learned from AR and become successful and legit.

I'm going to PM you about that IPv6 offer.

Thank you - I wish you all the best in future endeavours for you all too.

@Neoon said:

10/10

I've asked for clarification on PSK Hosting, something does seem amiss.

Take the money and run.
    Tell everyone its closing, BUT put affiliates into the email.
    Sell the Database to someone shady.

Julian confirmed he were working on pro-rata refunds.> @Kris said:

LTniger said: Overall: is this fiasco is bigger than GVH?

Yes.

GVH was pumped and encouraged by CC et. al. That was during the IP craze where CC would do anything to get some names to send to ARIN to hoard more IPs.

I know this because while working at HVH before they were a CC cesspool, I requested a /26 for a single server. While scoping out bgp.he.net 2 days later, (7) new /24's were SWIP'd to Hudson Valley Host.

Someone even saw one of the IPs get applied to their Crissic instance. I mentoned it and soon the new (7) x /24 subnets were white-washed to 'ColoCrossing'

Fast forward to a time when IPs are no longer plentiful (unless you're an asshole scamming AFRINIC) and things are a bit different.

AlphaRacks was apparently ghost-owned and managed by 2 Quadranet Employees, while using a KFC worker in the UK as a front-man and director, also selling themselves dirt cheap servers under the guise of successful sales.

In addition to the non-competition clauses that were likely signed, from some IPs that sent AlphaRacks email (when the VyprVPN wasn't on) was sent from a server Colo'd at Quadranet. So that's probably time spent during work hours working on said company.

In addition to you have possible bonuses and employee compensation that was likely affected by these false sales "boss I rented 10 more servers" ! Meanwhile likely they are loss-leaders, near break even, or even at a loss... to their own company...

The fact that their front-man wasn't paid well and is still owed means he's not going to pretend to be the brainchild behind the company or have paid invoices. Josh was just a name on invoices and a cheap public face for the company I'm guessing. This also could ensue possible mail or wire fraud, depending on how "AlphaRacks" made payments, but I'm not gonna play armchair lawyer.

This confirms what I said, that the servers are under criminal investigation - that's why they can't magically boot them and possibly expose themselves to someone logging in and clearing wtmp, bash history, etc.

Quadranet confirmed they are under criminal investigation to a client who was asking for data access to me. It's very messy - as I was not directing our business with regards to promotions, servers, packages etc but were more customer engagement side attempting to recover situations and work within the means of resources we had. I further had no access to any payment accounts, and only tech level access to QN from what I remember.
    Transparency is key in everything.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • smaartsmaart Member

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

It was tough in bits, but it was apart of my overall love for attempting to ensure all customers I dealt with were satisfied. Of course given the circumstances, it was very difficult.

Ha! If only.

I could only imagine how stressful it would be, dealing only with negative emails and complaints. Especially when you aren't in an empowered position to really change things.

All the best with your new hosting endeavour, hopefully you take what you learned from AR and become successful and legit.

@Neoon said:

10/10

Take the money and run.

Yes.

GVH was pumped and encouraged by CC et. al. That was during the IP craze where CC would do anything to get some names to send to ARIN to hoard more IPs.

I know this because while working at HVH before they were a CC cesspool, I requested a /26 for a single server. While scoping out bgp.he.net 2 days later, (7) new /24's were SWIP'd to Hudson Valley Host.

Someone even saw one of the IPs get applied to their Crissic instance. I mentoned it and soon the new (7) x /24 subnets were white-washed to 'ColoCrossing'

Fast forward to a time when IPs are no longer plentiful (unless you're an asshole scamming AFRINIC) and things are a bit different.

AlphaRacks was apparently ghost-owned and managed by 2 Quadranet Employees, while using a KFC worker in the UK as a front-man and director, also selling themselves dirt cheap servers under the guise of successful sales.

In addition to the non-competition clauses that were likely signed, from some IPs that sent AlphaRacks email (when the VyprVPN wasn't on) was sent from a server Colo'd at Quadranet. So that's probably time spent during work hours working on said company.

In addition to you have possible bonuses and employee compensation that was likely affected by these false sales "boss I rented 10 more servers" ! Meanwhile likely they are loss-leaders, near break even, or even at a loss... to their own company...

The fact that their front-man wasn't paid well and is still owed means he's not going to pretend to be the brainchild behind the company or have paid invoices. Josh was just a name on invoices and a cheap public face for the company I'm guessing. This also could ensue possible mail or wire fraud, depending on how "AlphaRacks" made payments, but I'm not gonna play armchair lawyer.

This confirms what I said, that the servers are under criminal investigation - that's why they can't magically boot them and possibly expose themselves to someone logging in and clearing wtmp, bash history, etc.

Quadranet confirmed they are under criminal investigation to a client who was asking for data access to me. It's very messy - as I was not directing our business with regards to promotions, servers, packages etc but were more customer engagement side attempting to recover situations and work within the means of resources we had. I further had no access to any payment accounts, and only tech level access to QN from what I remember.

data is everything, when QN shutdown all AR server, the impact is very massive, AR should taking care more seriously, it's not just $$ refund, but more than that about credibility of all AR reseller and users.

• AmitzAmitz Member

smaart said: credibility of all AR reseller and users.

Ehm.

Thanked by 2Yura doghouch
  • @RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

@RZDHosting_Josh said:

Ha! If only.

@Neoon said:

10/10

Take the money and run.

Yes.

Funny. Remember HiFormance? Once they shut down - a guy called Kyle came here with his brand new hosting company (HostFlyte) , saying almost everything that you are saying, that he was just helping out, that he was in no way shape or form involved with the scamming portion of the business.

Im not saying you guys are pulling the same thing, but it really looks like it at the moment.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck - must be a bag full of dicks.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • Looks like NFP has gone down. My NFP VPS has still been online since Alpharacks died.

• This sh*t takes my $15

• cinwiecinwie Member

iam lost $7x4 and $8x1 :(

• @somystart said:
    This sh*t takes my $15

@cinwie said:
    iam lost $7x4 and $8x1 :(

Guys, just do a pro-rated chargeback with your credit card.

Time limit is 2 years with Visa and Mastercard (definetly not 60 days like someone else said here).

Just avoid talking to low level reps, ask to talk directly with the dispute department and refer to the VISA rules and regulations or the Mastercard chargeback guide (just google).

No time limit for AMEX.

• tetechtetech Member

emilio911 said: Guys, just do a pro-rated chargeback with your credit card.

The problem is not so simple if they pay with Alipay / Chinacoin.

edited June 2019

Confirmed rumors say, people already ordered at PSK, so we got enough drama fuel.
    Gonna be good, already pre ordered large quantities of popcorn on ebay.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @Neoon said:
    Confirmed rumors say, people already ordered at PSK, so we got enough drama fuel.

Did you get a 3yr deal on that popcorn? 😂

@t0ny0 said:

@Neoon said:

Did you get a 3yr deal on that popcorn? 😂

Of course, got a 60% discount for 3 years.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • zero24xzero24x Member
    edited June 2019

... its summer soon again

• Premium drama fuel. Strong radiation good for reaktor, premium output roentgens.

Drama reaktor meltdown pop all corns in world.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Premium drama fuel. Strong radiation good for reaktor, premium output roentgens.

Definitely more than 3.6.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Who owns the domain now?

• tetechtetech Member

@ricardo said:
    Who owns the domain now?

Mr. WhoisGuard.

• smaartsmaart Member

no update?

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@smaart said:
    no update?

Haven't you heard, they've been "reborn" as pskhosting.com. Your username/password still work on the new site.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158270/avoid-psk-hosting-psk-hosting-alpharacks-probably/p1

• pepa65pepa65 Member

donli said: psahosting.com

pskhosting.com :smile:

• donlidonli Member

@pepa65 said:

donli said: psahosting.com

pskhosting.com :smile:

Oops, fixed.

• PascalPascal Member
    edited June 2019

@pepa65 said:

VirMach said: Anyone who is hosted with them, if you can send me a private message

@VirMach I sent you a private message yesterday; does the offer still stand??

I too took VirMach up on their offer. My new VPS has been up since yesterday and looks great. Only real problem is VirMach does not offer IPv6. Their name invoked some negative feelings (too close to wehrmacht), but they did what they said they would. Hopefully you get your VPS info soon.

• atomiatomi Member

I also got refugee VPS from VirMach and gotta say its the first good experience from CC. Minor issue is that there is no swap but who needs it when you idle

• pepa65pepa65 Member

I also just received an email that Virmach has set up a VPS for me. I won't have an occasion to check it out in the coming weeks, but happy that @VirMach did follow up with the initial offer -- thanks for this!

• TheUnFTheUnF Member

Total disaster ... lost all my data!

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TheUnF said:
    Total disaster ... lost all my data!

Thanks for signing up to let us know.