Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUYVM.NET - Luxembourg Slices are back in stock!

1235»

Comments

• CrabCrab Member

With good help and suggestions from @Francisco, it seems that the bottleneck is actually my FreeBSD 12 installation. When I tried a Debian Live CD, I got similar performance as you @sin. After some tweaks (disabling TSO and CSUM) it got a bit better, but not anything drastic. I might just switch to Debian here and call it a day.

Thanked by 2sin uptime
  • CrabCrab Member

Well look at that with Debian 9. Quite a difference if I may say. Thank you @Francisco for the excellent support.

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 90.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 10.8MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 9.32MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 7.08MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 7.60MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 14.0MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 5.89MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 3.55MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 30.8MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 21.2MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 494 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 586 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 563 MB/s
    Average I/O : 547.667 MB/s

Thanked by 3Francisco uptime sin
  • sinsin Member

@Crab said:
    With good help and suggestions from @Francisco, it seems that the bottleneck is actually my FreeBSD 12 installation. When I tried a Debian Live CD, I got similar performance as you @sin. After some tweaks (disabling TSO and CSUM) it got a bit better, but not anything drastic. I might just switch to Debian here and call it a day.

That's one of the reasons why I switched from running FreeBSD on a lot of my VPSes. I found it great on bare metal hardware but network performance varied on different VPSes for me no matter how much tuning I did.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@Francisco I already asked this on a ticket, but would like to suggest adding 2FA to Stallion :wink: